-DIY Sound proofing at door-for wira-

Lord_darkslide

Oct 19, 2005
helo there.. as i promised.. here is the DIY snap shot i take during my DIY session on sound proofing my wira door...

just dont laugh if my method is worng... but good comment/new method is welcomed... thanks

stuff u need to get started:
1. a sound proofing mat.. i got mine from a forumer (ninja_iga) and its a self adhesive super lon... it 10mm
2. knife
3. screw drive to take of ur door panel
4. and the most important is patience... heheh

estimated time to complete... 2-3 hours.... (if u know what u r doing)

1st:take off ur door panel.. it will look like this

2nd: messure the inside in the door panel that u want to stick the superlon/SP

3rd: just stick in in...

4th: the finish look

review: after installing... hhmm... i do feel my door closed with a better "thumpp" sound.. .not like "klanggggg" sound like normally wira door will sound...

the road noise/vibration noise is reduced... not totally... but reduced...

my aircond.... haihz.. i dun feel any different... bcoz my aircond sucks...

edit :damn.. photobuckets sucks

mp5onfire

Jun 9, 2005
penang
just a suggestion ;) if u wanna make your sound proofing better.. try using the same material that u use.. and cover the hole door (cut according to size and make sure leave space for the clips of the door panel) before u install the door panel... and if can try to stick in on the fire wall also it helps alot!!! if too expensive... try using other sound proofing material..:)

Lord_darkslide

Oct 19, 2005
u git that right mp5...

actually my next project to stick the more ( i have 2 more sheet) at the door panel area.. like u siad only leave the clip for panel...

hehehe.. quite tired to do all 1 whole shot.. but mebbe sum1 think that it is useless to to stick it in the inside... but.... wat the heck... 1 piece RM35.. and its a big piece too....

hehheheheh so i want to stick double layer... hehheheh

cchcchcch

May 8, 2007
hi...got ppl promote tis product to me b4.....i cant blif much bcoz it juz stick in the door den can reduce voice...so i din buy it....

bro....after tis.....can u figure out the sound is reduced how many % ?
bcoz if reali work....plan to stick on my car too.....

and your method is same with those profresional acesory shop....

and when can see ur 2nd project?haha

edwin_lcw

Jul 13, 2005
Setapak
but then (choi) when u accident dented on that part .... will it make a hard time for the person to knock on the shape ?

Feb 20, 2006
Bro so how much to do all 4 doors under the front and back carpets?? Can u supply the stuff??

UMW Toyota Motor Sdn Bhd recently launched their “Tyre Weekend Fair” that’s in-line with their Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) programme at selected Toyota Service Centres.

<!--more-->The programme will run from 1<sup>st</sup> July till 30<sup>th</sup> September 2012 and they are offering an affordable selection of new tyres, especially for those who will be making their way...