help. slight squeak when accel...

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
need help from all the sifu's around here. i have this problem and i dont know whats the cause.

when i accel from a stationary position, on 1st gear, there's this squeaking sound (like those cars, when their timing belts are loose kinda sound) but mine is very soft, and its only squeaking for 2-3 seconds, then no more.

doesn't occur all the time, but rest assured its there. like 70% of the time. what could it be?

timing belt not tight enough? if so, wouldn't the sound be there quite permanent?

other belts? alternator/power steering?

thanksss

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
If u wanna try to troubleshoot, this my suggestion & opinion:

- Open the bonnet, rev the engine and ask a friend to listen carefully where the sound comes from.
- Try to locate the source. It could be: power steering/aircond/alternator belting, or the aircond compressor/alternator.
- If there is no sound, and ONLY got sound when driving, then most probably the sound comes from the drivetrain(driveshaft, CV joints), suspension/wheel assembly, gearbox, or maybe the engine itself?

Just my 2 cents. For expert advice have to wait for mr shiro.. :y:

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
engine still not yet warm yet? maybe vtec prematurely engaging...once i forgot engine not yet warm up yet and floored it to overtake a truck...vtec engaged n there was a squeel for a few seconds n quite soft...

or it could just be yr a/c compressor magnetic clutch dying n couldnt cope with the sudden increase in rpm(a ford laser i know had this problem)

or got kucing sangkut in wheel well? he terkejut cos yr engine vtec engaged very low n he jerit ketakutan?

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
One more thing, timing belts do not squek like aircond/power steering belts bcos they got tooth. They may slip however, if the belt tensioner is not set properly or got loose somehow. When they do, kaboomm.. --> major overhaul... :bawling:

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Too many sources to pinpoint without hearing actual sound. Could be engine mounts too, or accessory belt squeal.

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
it only happens when driving, so revving on a standstill will not cause the sound to appear...

i fear it may be my clutch. last time my satria, when on load, the clutch kinda screams..

however, will check the as mentioned above. thanks guys.

aalto

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
Just learn to live with it until it really makes noise....old car maa......could be a number of reasons...belting,pulley,bearings...etc.....:bawling:

Or just turn the radio on loud....and no more noise...haha :biggrin:

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
thats hard to do man. i cant live with it =(

abit too perfectionist for that matter....haih.. i guess i will have to remove my muffler la then haha..

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i've decided to put the LMST saga side skirt and LMSS(Iswara SE) front skirt for my iswara sedan..but i had a problem with the back..

OR is there any type of bodykit that can fit into iswara

opinion/ideas/suggestion..

got pic,emel me at [email protected]

need help from ya all..!!!!

thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience