help! my car vibrate..

trxxpoyo

May 25, 2005
subang jaya
hallo all sifus,
i'm driving ae111 corolla, and the problem is my car starts to vibrate when accelerating from 90kmh to 100kmh. but if i let go the pedal or free the gear, the car stops vibrating. anybody experienced this kind of problem?

kennix

Known Member
Jan 29, 2004
Visit site
Please check your Drive Shaft. Hope it helps.

Cheers.

corona_ice

500 RPM
Apr 19, 2006
sunway city
from what i went thru, u first need to check ur rims and tire... if all ok, than check ur absober and absober mountings, if ok also than u have to check ur drive shaft... but normally drive shaft if no noise means it's ok...

ek_elleh

500 RPM
Sep 5, 2005
KB
pls check your exhaust piping..
maybe touching chassis/body during acceleration..

trxxpoyo

May 25, 2005
subang jaya
hmmm..i dun think the problem coz by the exhaust piping touching the body..
have to check drive shaft / absober mounting... how bout engine mounting?

blutuik

Known Member
May 9, 2008
www.cardomain.com
check ur rims & tires....
i hv d same problem last year...
vibration disappear after i change rim & tires..

Jordy

Known Member
Oct 28, 2006
Kuching,Sarawak
first thing...check ur rims to see if it is bengkok or not... and also try to do balancing on ur tyres
2nd... try to ask ur mechanic to check your bush for ur lower n upper arm...
I have to same problem like urs last time...and it's actually due to my lower n upper arm bush all mati liaw and also my rims are bengkok...that's why no matter how many times u balance ur tyres also wasting money niah.... hope it helps... just my 2 cents

zmays

Known Member
Feb 20, 2006
normally people said if car vibrating during 90km/h to 120km/h is because unbalanced tyre. and i have drive toyota, proton, perodua, datsun that; if front tyre not properly balanced/not balanced, car tend to vibrate at that speed..can any sifu provide any technical explanation...?

bcoz seems the theory is correct...for me

mamatAE111

Known Member
Oct 25, 2006
if only vibrate when accelerate(tekan minyak), then most likely driveshaft.
If cruising at 90-100km/h, already let go of accelator(lepas minyak) and car still vibrate, then could be rims, tyre damage..

ahaw

Known Member
Apr 1, 2007
those who experienced with drive shaft prob, can u briefly explain the diff between inner d/shaft failureeeee to d outer one? apart from 'klak2' sound, does it show any other symptoms?

--- easy said those mechanis with fields exp...

trxxpoyo

May 25, 2005
subang jaya
if only vibrate when accelerate(tekan minyak), then most likely driveshaft.
If cruising at 90-100km/h, already let go of accelator(lepas minyak) and car still vibrate, then could be rims, tyre damage..

yup, i've been to Kedai Tayar asking bout this problem. they said it is not caused by unbalanced tyre or rims bengkok because the car will still vibrates if i let go the pedal.

yeah, can anybody explain bout Ahaw questions?

glanza

Known Member
Nov 2, 2005
kl/kelate
if outer d/shaft kong, it will have ktak!ktak! sounds when full cornering(partially cornering also do if too bad).. did u check ur outer d/shaft boot? koyak or not? if koyak the possibility bcos of d/shaft is high..but my heart says engine mounting..
jus my 1cent..

mamatAE111

Known Member
Oct 25, 2006
go to a mechanic and lift the car. grab the outer driveshaft boot and shake. there was some freeplay in my outer driveshaft boot assembly and the hub. Change driveshaft, problem solved.

When my engine mounting worn out, even during stop at traffic light my steering wheel shaking. Different symptoms with driveshaft.

Ayobjuri

Sep 11, 2009
USJ
hmmm...
Frm my past exprience driving ae90. car vibrate due to tyre expired,driveshaft,end rod.dll
If ur change all the item n still vibrate better to change ur car key..hhahaha..

FGT

500 RPM
May 19, 2007
hmmm...
Frm my past exprience driving ae90. car vibrate due to tyre expired,driveshaft,end rod.dll
If ur change all the item n still vibrate better to change ur car key..hhahaha..
True... with budget constraints, start with the cheapest and easiest thing 1st. I would suggest balancing n rotate the wheels.. I'm not 100% sure but i think your drive shafts do not have the same length which will cause one tyre wear faster than the other one.. since i changed to new tyres this year, i've been rotating + balancing every 5000km together with service.. additional RM8-10 only.. so far so good..

other things like drive shaft, rod end, ball joint and bearings u can check by moving the tyres while ur car is on a jack..see got freeplay/clearance or not..

hope this helps..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

This is very nice and decent post ..... You rocked posting it .... Thanks a lot for posting it ....!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDzdhj46AvE
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience