Help me on rims !!

wira4life

Known Member
Feb 16, 2009
Hey guys im using Proton Wira sedan. i wanna put 17" offset rims for my ride n wish want to do widebodykit for my ride.... but i dono which rim to choose actually. i prefer to taiwan rims. last week i 've visit HANKOOK to check out some rims.

Hankook staff there said taiwan rims---nowdays good n rigid. i prefer bronze color rims or gold color rims which suitable for my grey wira. but i dono which brand to choose for my ride.

u guys have any idea to share?? i have seen advan racing rims ( got in gold and bronze color ), dono where it from !!!:hmmmm:

So i need advice ?? help help n help me :adore: i wanna a rigid rim from taiwan.

Attachments

rock7877

Feb 16, 2009
1st of all you have to be clear with your objective to change wheel. do you intend to have a physical good looking OR to be a practical ride i.e good performance and not to severe to your ride suspension as well as to save your fuel cost? if you choose to be your practical ride then i might advice you just to change your wheel with maximum rim size up to 15" only. if you interest to know more on this then pls PM me, then i'll tell you the formula with the best engineering practice.

lan_eterna

8,000 RPM
Dec 18, 2003
Cheras/S.Alam
www.freewebs.com
offset rim must be japan or other imported rim, taiwan rim dont have much nice off to fit wide body car

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
taiwan rims as told by many sellers, its rigid & reliable, but must be prepared on the downside of it, as its imitation and how well is their QC, we are not sure, since it doesnt come with product warranty and not from an established rims manufacturer, if anything happen at high speed or the rims cracked, gave way or causing any defect to yr car....no one is accountable except yourself.

if u intend to beautify yr ride, then its yr decision, but for speed driving or rough handling, better go for ori......advan imitation is selling less than rm1k nowaday for 15-17inches.

i strongly believe good things doesnt come cheap.....sometime its life we are gambling with. juz my 2cents....no intention to flame anyone....sharing my thought.

Last edited:

KhonBaRot1

Nov 20, 2008
if u have to use a Taiwan alloy rim, just make sure ur tyre is not too thin for that rim size.
find out too if they could sell the rim on 1 pc basis, just in case u need to buy just 1 pc of rim on later stage to replace a rim that turned into a keropok after hitting a hole at top speed.
to fit it to ur wide body, play around with the spacers thickness. spacers will make ur tyre come out a bit - that's the idea. get a good quality spacers/coned spacers to enhance the life of ur wheel hub bearings.

to have a pretty car, u might have to sacrifice ur fc and speed though.

hope this helps

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
widebody? then u need to get some dished japanese offset rims hehe

at least 17 inches

taiwan rims wont get u the look that u want

lan_eterna

8,000 RPM
Dec 18, 2003
Cheras/S.Alam
www.freewebs.com
if u have to use a Taiwan alloy rim, just make sure ur tyre is not too thin for that rim size.
find out too if they could sell the rim on 1 pc basis, just in case u need to buy just 1 pc of rim on later stage to replace a rim that turned into a keropok after hitting a hole at top speed.
to fit it to ur wide body, play around with the spacers thickness. spacers will make ur tyre come out a bit - that's the idea. get a good quality spacers/coned spacers to enhance the life of ur wheel hub bearings.

to have a pretty car, u might have to sacrifice ur fc and speed though.

hope this helps
u ar rite bro .. need to sacrifice ur fc & speed .. like me now hahaha :banghead:

May 29, 2009
hiii...im newby...
i got prob like diz...
l have honda integra DC5 type R...
so guys can u advise me which rim suit for my car??
tankz

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
hiii...im newby...
i got prob like diz...
l have honda integra DC5 type R...
so guys can u advise me which rim suit for my car??
tankz
depend on your taste.there's thousands of design out there.
choose wisely.it might improve or kill ur car look.hehehe:burnout:

frank118

Known Member
Feb 7, 2009
Ya ya...agree totally with GT...there's so many choices...and if its just for looks..get 2 sets lor.

Can change for different function..hehe. Taiwan made rims are so affordable and nice these days. for normal and careful driving they would last the life of the car anyway.

mick87

500 RPM
Apr 19, 2009
ya..just changed my rim to 14inch for my kancil,is advan racing,made from taiwan..imitation,but look really nice,rim itself only cost 900++,if ori then times 3...

mick87

500 RPM
Apr 19, 2009
i changed my rim at sunway PJS11,opp the food court..

frank118

Known Member
Feb 7, 2009
wah 14" at RM900...must be damn nice! I went to Teck Ming at Sunway, they have nice rims too and decent price..

Mick, post a picture bro...I am shopping for a 15" for my wife's MYVI SE...anyone interested in buying my OEM rims chrome 14"???..kakaka...

But Taiwan rims still a bit heavy hor? The lighter ones cost much more.