amirfashar

Nov 7, 2011
Brunei
My car satria 4g15.

I recently bought

1. Jasma camshaft
2. Works Adj. Cam
3. 4-2-1 extractor
4. Open pod - going to custom the piping to make it really near to the front bumper.

Going to upgrade my piping + cat s flow to minimum of 1.8-2.0 inch (still unsure because maybe going to install emanage blue in the near future).

So my plan now is to Install everything + stock ecu.

My main question is, am i going to lose low end or top end with this setting?

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Camshaft and open pod, you'll lose low end torque for sure. Even with manual. Unless you fiddle with the cam angle and get some low end back then you'll lose top end. SOHC is either way.

Btw, yours a MMC or VDO? If VDO that emanage is not going to work

amirfashar

Nov 7, 2011
Brunei
Even with adj cam bro?

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

Camshaft and open pod, you'll lose low end torque for sure. Even with manual. Unless you fiddle with the cam angle and get some low end back then you'll lose top end. SOHC is either way.

Btw, yours a MMC or VDO? If VDO that emanage is not going to work

As for now, no plan changing the ecu yet. Not sure mmc or vdo. I just knew my engine 4g15 injection (2002 satria).

Bro I just wana play 2k-6k rpm. Dont want tarik that high. Want abit power than standard only.

SloMo

Known Member
Aug 23, 2004
Visit site
confirm VDO. I always love to see the passion of modding 4G15 (Ive been driving one before Wira A/B)

meltan7

500 RPM
Feb 3, 2006
Kelana Jaya
Even with adj cam bro?

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

As for now, no plan changing the ecu yet. Not sure mmc or vdo. I just knew my engine 4g15 injection (2002 satria).

Bro I just wana play 2k-6k rpm. Dont want tarik that high. Want abit power than standard only.
If 2002, confirm it's VDO. VDO can't use piggy back. Either you get MMC wiring and ECU or use standalone.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
is jasma camshaft reliable ah? y not go for matspeed?
As much as I hate to say it, the camshaft for Jasma is the only reliable thing they sell. The other things are pretty much just cheap alternatives that you'll want to replace in a short while anyway (meaning replace the Jasma)

If 2002, confirm it's VDO. VDO can't use piggy back. Either you get MMC wiring and ECU or use standalone.
Not true. VDO can use EMS-1 and Unichip. I have a EMS-1 for sale if anyone's interested. :biggrin:

amirfashar

Nov 7, 2011
Brunei
As much as I hate to say it, the camshaft for Jasma is the only reliable thing they sell. The other things are pretty much just cheap alternatives that you'll want to replace in a short while anyway (meaning replace the Jasma)

Not true. VDO can use EMS-1 and Unichip. I have a EMS-1 for sale if anyone's interested. :biggrin:
can the current mod list be supported by the stock ecu? not intending to spend that much first. :rolleyes:

meltan7

500 RPM
Feb 3, 2006
Kelana Jaya

Oh is it? Pardon my noobness. Didn't know that.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
can the current mod list be supported by the stock ecu? not intending to spend that much first. :rolleyes:
Just those? Probably will need a AFPR to help adjust the fuel pressure but otherwise yes sure why not? My Wira has more mods than yours including oversized pistons and the stock VDO ECU is handling it. Not ideal but it still works without issues.

This is assuming your car really is a VDO. If it's a MMC you might need to manually adjust and tune the car to suite. Easiest way to tell is look at your crank pulley. VDO has a sensor there and the pulley itself has a gear or something that's part of the pulley. MMC doesn't.

Oh is it? Pardon my noobness. Didn't know that.
:biggrin: I haven't seen you post in a while dude. Where you been hiding? And with a car like yours, the last thing you are is a noob. So shuddup and share some of that hidden technical knowledge man

Last edited:

amirfashar

Nov 7, 2011
Brunei
Just those? Probably will need a AFPR to help adjust the fuel pressure but otherwise yes sure why not? My Wira has more mods than yours including oversized pistons and the stock VDO ECU is handling it. Not ideal but it still works without issues.

This is assuming your car really is a VDO. If it's a MMC you might need to manually adjust and tune the car to suite. Easiest way to tell is look at your crank pulley. VDO has a sensor there and the pulley itself has a gear or something that's part of the pulley. MMC doesn't.

Car is currently in the workshop, currently doing abit of bodywork. But will take pics of the engine later. Will try to post the pic here for u check its vdo or mmc.

So at the moment, can I actually install the likes of apexi rsm n safc?

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Car is currently in the workshop, currently doing abit of bodywork. But will take pics of the engine later. Will try to post the pic here for u check its vdo or mmc.

So at the moment, can I actually install the likes of apexi rsm n safc?
RSM shouldn't be a problem since it's only a monitoring tool, doesn't do anything to the ECU or anything. SAFC I have no idea

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys.
My ride is a wira SE (manual). I notice that my steering wheel vibrates quite alot when idling. The dashboard all ok..nvr vibrate..only the steering vibrates quite a lot. I have changed my front and rear bush to superpro. Even the steering rack bush is superpro. I actually chamged it hoping it will solve the problem but it didnt. What could possibly be the cause of this vibration?

---------- Post added at 04:17 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit -...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience