Headlight Polishing

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005
further_seems_forever.blogspot.com
Ok took the car in on Sunday night...and find out that the japanese that owned the car in Japan before this was an idiot.

for my drivers side headlamp, he sprayed a layer of protective lacquer on it. but the problem is...he didnt polish the lamp before spraying it on! so now the yellowness is stuck underneath the layer of lacquer.

the polishing went quite alright...the passengers side lamp is now bright and shiny... while the drivers side lamp is still quite "blurry" because of the lacquer.

i think you can take the car to any other normal place to get it polished and the results will be the same. RM200 is definitely abit too much to pay for the work.... but you get free hot drinks, a sofa, and also a 50 inch plasma to watch discovery Turbo.

im ok with the results....not ecstatic...but at least they arent yellow now. they still omit a yellow tinge when the HIDs are on....but thats probably on the inside.

i'm thinking of buying a new set of lamps now...but they cost a BOMB.

jerry tan

May 23, 2010
Selangor
modern car mostly come with plastics headlight. plastic will become yellowish & blur when exposed to hot weather. i use a tube of Autosol (rm15.90) to polish my headlights every 3 months just to remove the blur :nurse:. u can't remove yellowish from plastic headlights unless u change it :biggrin:

p/s : get your Autosol now from any hardware shop:idea:

lightningfield

2,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
Johor Bahru
www.ef-honda.com
where can we get brand new headlamps? are these OEM or aftermarket?

how much do they cost anyways....
You can check out at Exceptional Glenmarie, they have stock for brand new OEM headlights for pre and facelift. Its pricey (around 1k+ each if im not wrong), but its worth every penny. Infact, you can get almost any brand new OEM parts from them. Refer to these links from my blog for contact no and some pics.

http://zeblackmamba.blogspot.com/2010/01/jdm-yo.html

http://zeblackmamba.blogspot.com/2010/01/replacement-emblem.html

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005
further_seems_forever.blogspot.com
You can check out at Exceptional Glenmarie, they have stock for brand new OEM headlights for pre and facelift. Its pricey (around 1k+ each if im not wrong), but its worth every penny. Infact, you can get almost any brand new OEM parts from them. Refer to these links from my blog for contact no and some pics.

http://zeblackmamba.blogspot.com/2010/01/jdm-yo.html

http://zeblackmamba.blogspot.com/2010/01/replacement-emblem.html
OH THE PAIN..... :bawling:

RM1k+ per side means almost RM3k including installation for both!! Where to find that sort of money...might as well spend on mods for exhaust system.... :mad:

WAFS

500 RPM
Jan 2, 2005
Ampang
OH THE PAIN..... :bawling:

RM1k+ per side means almost RM3k including installation for both!! Where to find that sort of money...might as well spend on mods for exhaust system.... :mad:
Ya man...better spend on other mods. It's just a headlamp anyway...as long it helps u at night then it's good enough.

WAFS

500 RPM
Jan 2, 2005
Ampang
Increase a few horsepower more...then you'll forget the headlamp...

GTI4740

Known Member
Dec 3, 2003
Visit site
Bro, once you start going to the track often yellow headlight is least of your concern. You can add stone chips on your headlights on your list of worries..

If you canot fixed it then use it it for while until you save up enough money to buy a new head lamp.. in the meantime, just close one eye and live with it.. Normally that's what I do.

WAFS

500 RPM
Jan 2, 2005
Ampang
I think in the dc5 item for sale there's a used Fujitsubo cat back.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi morning all,

My fc has been very bad since recently for about 2 months+ . Previously it was able to go rm50 for 320km+ . Now it become rm50 200km onli. I check on many thing but still same.

However, i read some thread similar to my case, and some claim after change the "centre box/midbox" then their fc back to normal.
I just wonder is the midbox really affect fc that much ?

Im pretty confuse...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience