Hankook V12 Evo2 finally here

royalnkm

Known Member
Nov 26, 2014
Sungai Petani
Yes, 205/50 is actually quite thin already with 10.25cm of sidewall. IMHO in general sidewall between 10-11.5cm is the best balance between performance and comfort. If drop below 10cm I don't like anymore coz becomes too harsh, while taller than 11.5cm is too thick already, may feel too soft and does not look good too. Of course this is general guideline, which might not be applicable for some tires. For example if you use AD08R, it might feel much harsher/stiffer already even when sidewall is >10cm because the sidewall is pretty stiff due to steel inserts.
Icic...so still need depend on stiffness of sidewall...ok then I decide change to 205/50/16...is time to search for more tyre:driver:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hankook V2 Concept2 same level as eagle F1 D5?

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:23 PM ----------

Re003 will very noisy?my fen use re002 before quite noisy

---------- Post added at 06:25 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:23 PM ----------

Vr4 is Evo4?
V2 Concept 2 again is mid, about same as S1 noble 2 in all seasons category

RE-003 cheaper than PS3, Probably loose out is wet slightly and I thought noise not an issue with you...:rofl:

As bro. 6UE5t mentioned is the grandpa of the Evos...:driver:

---------- Post added at 08:52 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:49 AM ----------

My fren using v2 concept2 he say not bad...he keep recommend me Hankook tyre...
Different people have different level of good and not bad.
If one uses an entry level before then go to mid sure to say good in performance but if one uses UHP then use mid will say they are not good.....hhahahhahaha:rofl:
I saw got member mention S1 Noble 2 so so only....:rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 08:54 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:52 AM ----------

Icic...so still need depend on stiffness of sidewall...ok then I decide change to 205/50/16...is time to search for more tyre:driver:
Yup, sidewall stiffness plays a part

---------- Post added at 08:55 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:54 AM ----------

V12 evo2 same level with eagle F1 D5?noisy level almost same?
Might be slightly better the F1-D5

royalnkm

Known Member
Nov 26, 2014
Sungai Petani
V2 Concept 2 again is mid, about same as S1 noble 2 in all seasons category

RE-003 cheaper than PS3, Probably loose out is wet slightly and I thought noise not an issue with you...:rofl:

As bro. 6UE5t mentioned is the grandpa of the Evos...:driver:

---------- Post added at 08:52 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:49 AM ----------

Different people have different level of good and not bad.
If one uses an entry level before then go to mid sure to say good in performance but if one uses UHP then use mid will say they are not good.....hhahahhahaha:rofl:
I saw got member mention S1 Noble 2 so so only....:rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 08:54 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:52 AM ----------

Yup, sidewall stiffness plays a part

---------- Post added at 08:55 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:54 AM ----------

Might be slightly better the F1-D5
Mean V2 concept2 not even entry level of Uhp yet?

I Am ex PS3 user in size 195/55/15 grip for dry and wet super good noisy also good...just will noisy abit on rough road but acceptable....means I at least need use back mid range Uhp tyre right?ps3 considor mid range Uhp ur top range uhp?bcoz I saw still got ps2 and pss above PS3

Now at size 195/50/16 using Falken ze914 grip for wet and dry normal only...but make me feel unsafety...noisy level is noisy than PS3 at normal road and same or even higher noise level than PS3 at rough road bcoz my ze914 just use around 5k mileage only

Soon will upgrade to 205/50/16

---------- Post added at 09:39 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

Noisy level is not big deal for me...just don't want a super noisy tyre bcoz I don't have Loud exhaust...

---------- Post added at 09:55 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------

Abit contradiction right?hahaha

---------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

May I Ask what is progressiveness for?

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

I Am ex PS3 user in size 195/55/15 grip for dry and wet super good noisy also good...just will noisy abit on rough road but acceptable....means I at least need use back mid range Uhp tyre right?ps3 considor mid range Uhp ur top range uhp?bcoz I saw still got ps2 and pss above PS3

Now at size 195/50/16 using Falken ze914 grip for wet and dry normal only...but make me feel unsafety...noisy level is noisy than PS3 at normal road and same or even higher noise level than PS3 at rough road bcoz my ze914 just use around 5k mileage only

Soon will upgrade to 205/50/16

---------- Post added at 09:39 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

Noisy level is not big deal for me...just don't want a super noisy tyre bcoz I don't have Loud exhaust...

---------- Post added at 09:55 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------

Abit contradiction right?hahaha

---------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

May I Ask what is progressiveness for?
If you're used to PS3 then you've got rather high expectations already. F1-D5 might be just slightly lesser than PS3 especially in terms of noise.

Progressiveness means when the tire breaks away or start loosing grip, it will happen in a progressive way, not suddenly break loose/snap. This is an important trait in a tire coz it means it will be easier to handle/correct even when you cross over the grip limit. If I have to choose, I prefer a lower grip tire but with more progressive character than a higher grip one but can suddenly break loose and snap. Of course ideally you'd want very high grip tire that also is progressive over the limit.

royalnkm

Known Member
Nov 26, 2014
Sungai Petani
If you're used to PS3 then you've got rather high expectations already. F1-D5 might be just slightly lesser than PS3 especially in terms of noise.

Progressiveness means when the tire breaks away or start loosing grip, it will happen in a progressive way, not suddenly break loose/snap. This is an important trait in a tire coz it means it will be easier to handle/correct even when you cross over the grip limit. If I have to choose, I prefer a lower grip tire but with more progressive character than a higher grip one but can suddenly break loose and snap. Of course ideally you'd want very high grip tire that also is progressive over the limit.
Icic...grip lesser than PS3 also ok 1...bcoz PS3 was 195 soon I will upgrade to 205...
How to see the tire progressive good or not or still need to use it only can know?

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

The lesser I mean less abit not less too much...

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Icic...grip lesser than PS3 also ok 1...bcoz PS3 was 195 soon I will upgrade to 205...
How to see the tire progressive good or not or still need to use it only can know?

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

The lesser I mean less abit not less too much...
Well unfortunately there's no way to tell a tire progressiveness from just looking at the tire specs or anything else. We can only try to read as much reviews as possible from creditable testers and trust that their input is good enough.

royalnkm

Known Member
Nov 26, 2014
Sungai Petani
U mean PS3 is noisy than F1-D5?

---------- Post added at 12:56 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

Well unfortunately there's no way to tell a tire progressiveness from just looking at the tire specs or anything else. We can only try to read as much reviews as possible from creditable testers and trust that their input is good enough.
Icic thank you for teaching me so much...

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

V2 concept 2 is mid category or can call HP, UHP is Ultra HP and that is PS3.
PS2 and PSS are Max performance another class higher, Then PSC2 Pilot Sports Cup2 which is in extreme category but extreme is for dry and less in wet. For daily drive Max is best, if not UHP for performance...:driver:

royalnkm

Known Member
Nov 26, 2014
Sungai Petani
V2 concept 2 is mid category or can call HP, UHP is Ultra HP and that is PS3.
PS2 and PSS are Max performance another class higher, Then PSC2 Pilot Sports Cup2 which is in extreme category but extreme is for dry and less in wet. For daily drive Max is best, if not UHP for performance...:driver:
Ic...thanks sifu...but max performance tire price very high rite?
And my size 205/50/16 just have Uhp?i think Uhp already enough for me already...
Uhp also suitable for daily Drive?
V12 evo2 and S1 evo2 is Uhp?i quite like these 2 tire and also F1 D5

C99D-MMC5537

Known Member
Jan 9, 2008

U r absolutely right brother. Predictable tyre is better than hi grip but unpredictable one if u have a sensitive hand which can translate the steering feedback. A hand with built-in traction control. :biggrin:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Ic...thanks sifu...but max performance tire price very high rite?
And my size 205/50/16 just have Uhp?i think Uhp already enough for me already...
Uhp also suitable for daily Drive?
V12 evo2 and S1 evo2 is Uhp?i quite like these 2 tire and also F1 D5
Yup, Max usually comes in bigger sizes, especially for super cars, but some may have in 17".
Most performance tyres are UHP like V12 Evo2 and PS3. S1 Evo 2 is Max.
GY F1-D5 is UHP, Asy2 is Max

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Yup, Max usually comes in bigger sizes, especially for super cars, but some may have in 17".
Most performance tyres are UHP like V12 Evo2 and PS3. S1 Evo 2 is Max.
GY F1-D5 is UHP, Asy2 is Max
Sometimes I feel between UHP and Max category can be a bit overlapping also as you often see they're compared together (like F1A2 vs PS3 vs V12 Evo2 etc2.) and the result can vary.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

sifus out there!!

i need to know what are the downside to knife edge crankshaft lightening?? better to know the downside first i reckon.and what are the goodsides?? i'm re building my engine,so kinda have this in my list.thanks!!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience