H22A into EF

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
Guy's,
I've search thru the forum but cant really find anything relate to my question. I want to know, roughly how much does local workshop charge for putting H22A into EF? (Exclude the H22A halfcut)

Can i use back H22A gearbox and driveshaft? I do know the firewall need to knock to clear the intake manifold and something need to be done on the mounting. What other "issue" will i face (exclude jpj)

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
well to be more precious, its F22B tat im targetting. But i know F22B and H22A sharing the same block design (not material) so whether its F22b or H22A, the amount of work/mod to drop the engine in are the same (except H22A, i will need to knock the firewall to clear inlet manifold)

Dont ask me why F22b, i wanted to do something different. I do know EF weapon is lightness but i reckon with F22b or even H22A, the additional weight is not that big different

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
it doesnt effect as ins lower o wat....its just tat the front of ur car will be much more heavier...the weight distribution prob...u'll get stronger understeer

bien335

1,500 RPM
Aug 3, 2009
Johor Bahru
bro, try tanya Ah Cheen at Taman Johor.

I've sent a few of my friends to do swaps there.

I think under 2k lah, complete with wiring

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
it doesnt effect as ins lower o wat....its just tat the front of ur car will be much more heavier...the weight distribution prob...u'll get stronger understeer

hm... i dun recall i mention affected being lower. I do know the front will be heavier but by how much? 10kg? 20kg? Moreover im not any hardcore trackie hence i can live with some tradeoff moreover this is just a street machine so i dont see much impact. To improve, i could do several thing to lighten front like moving 4ever heavy batt to rear compartment.

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

bro, try tanya Ah Cheen at Taman Johor.

I've sent a few of my friends to do swaps there.

I think under 2k lah, complete with wiring
bro, few friends of yours was swapping h22a into EF?

super fei lo

1,000 RPM
Sep 4, 2007
i think B is has more potential than H or F
if u wan something diff,
y not K....
jus my own opinion.....
unless u just get H23 and boost it...

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
if u wan something diff,
y not K....
jus my own opinion.....
K? bro, K engine kosong alone can buy another EF.

victorchoi

Apr 25, 2006
if u wan something diff,
y not K....
jus my own opinion.....
:wavey: eh! the Avatar engine bay looks familiar to me leh...where i see it before ar? :stupid: :stupid:

car sh4 with 1 pair of bride semi bucket? :smokin:

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 AM ----------

K? bro, K engine kosong alone can buy another EF.
If you transplant with K series, Hola~! you're different of eveyone in EF as the K series is compact design. Is worth it if you're into N/A or else turbo it. :biggrin:

lightningfield

2,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
Johor Bahru
www.ef-honda.com
there were few EFs running on H22A on our streets in early 2000s. most of them didn't survive long as the chassis couldn't take the amount of torque produced by the 2.2 engine. the conversions were not clean, and many things need to be done to get the car run trouble-free. mountings/driveshafts need to be customized and most likely you need to alter the chassis to make way for the gearbox to fit in.

why not scrap all the hassle and go for a full blown B20? Parts (and guidance) are abundance on the market and easier for you to troubleshoot should you bump with problems. H/F-series parts are hard to come buy these days and you do not have much options to chose (LSD gearbox is the most hardest to source haha). anyways with the americans getting crazier each day with proven products, there are quite a number of essentials you can get now for the conversion. Mountings, wirings, and there's even adapter kit to fit in the B-series gearbox to your H22. Theyre expensive, but the well worth it...

here's Bisi Ezerioha's web. Bisimoto EngineeringYou can get the parts i mentioned here. He is already a legend with his achievements from the single-cam engines. :biggrin:

so, good luck with the build and do share it here with us.

"do it right the first time"

p/s: my friend's 4-door EG with H22A - http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/honda/5934-the-making-of.html

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
i know u wan 2 b diff....but then if being diff n bring lots of trouble 2 self mah hailat...
seen some car put in crazy engine n the chasis some got crack some twisted

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
there were few EFs running on H22A on our streets in early 2000s. most of them didn't survive long as the chassis couldn't take the amount of torque produced by the 2.2 engine. the conversions were not clean, and many things need to be done to get the car run trouble-free. mountings/driveshafts need to be customized and most likely you need to alter the chassis to make way for the gearbox to fit in.

why not scrap all the hassle and go for a full blown B20? Parts (and guidance) are abundance on the market and easier for you to troubleshoot should you bump with problems. H/F-series parts are hard to come buy these days and you do not have much options to chose (LSD gearbox is the most hardest to source haha). anyways with the americans getting crazier each day with proven products, there are quite a number of essentials you can get now for the conversion. Mountings, wirings, and there's even adapter kit to fit in the B-series gearbox to your H22. Theyre expensive, but the well worth it...

here's Bisi Ezerioha's web. Bisimoto EngineeringYou can get the parts i mentioned here. He is already a legend with his achievements from the single-cam engines. :biggrin:

so, good luck with the build and do share it here with us.

"do it right the first time"

p/s: my friend's 4-door EG with H22A - http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/honda/5934-the-making-of.html

Hi lightning field,
Tks for the infor. Exactly what im looking at. I do aware alot some customization mods need to be done in order to make it happen (etc, shaft, gb, mounting). Im tableting the cost of getting Hasport, Innovasion mounting kit/alternator kit vs local mod labour fees. Thats reason why i created this thread, for comparison local labour mod fees vs the kit.

Why not full blown B20? ehhehehe, as you posted the link, Bisimoto. SOHC is very much underated in Msia and engine is dirt cheap lying around. No doubt in NA form, it can never give B series a run for money (not at least tons of $$ pump in) but under tc, the potential is there whic im sure you aware of.

so F22 came into picture. But since the amount of work to fit in F22 same as H22, why not? Then i will be staying NA. So that is the whole reason why

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all kor kor n jie jie,ii'm just wanted to ask the difrence within kn air-filter n others air filter....anybody tell me?please...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience