GT-fying my cefiro

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
Some of them uses R32 to mod.. but now latest is using lexus 4 pot.. bigger and better..

Cheongxp

Known Member
Oct 22, 2010
Selangor
Sorry bro, 4got liao, 1 year liao. I just calculate how much space I need to free out from the brake caliper, and change all the screw to longer 1cm, finally told the tire shop to custom make the spacer with center hold than settled, lucky the rim is giving a lot of freedom.

btw it will change the car handling in corner if you just put in the front spacer.

After add on spacer handling become better or worse ?
From other modify magazine wrote is better, but i changed rim with offset 35 from 38/40 but it become bad.

chteo

Known Member
Dec 9, 2010
Subang
hi bro i had not used autofoam but cost vs benefit, i think better go for those sound dampening sticker.
by the way i heard from my friend on his 3.0 ceffy, the AFM or smth like that is vry sensative to airflow changes, so he said better not to touch on air filter wor.

how true is it, i cant vouch. anyway ceffy is a nice cruiser, esp the brougham 3.0, very solid and comfortable, i had to be dragged away when i test drive 1 of it. only that the high roadtax is killer:thefinger:
i am thinking of the sticker rather than autofoam first, but i might go for the one where they spray something onto the wheel well area. as for the MAF, it's always the O2 sensor that dies first on Nissan cars, i've changed the filter to K&N drop in, and the previous owner re-piped the exhaust straight into the throttle body though.... since it has more power compared to stock, i left it as it is...

dude if u want to get good brakesu can consider geting a 4 pot brake calipers from a certain toyota model that i know(secret) , it'll take a bit of mod but it brakes good and with a bit of bling will pass for brembos anytime..hehehe plus brake pads cheap loo
toyota means more modding lor... i try to stay as much as "cucuk dan main" as possible...

Silvia(S13~S15) and Skyline GTS use the same brake caliper, so as long as this type plug and play. Original brake caliper in high speed u knw it can stop but take sometime, but this one u will feel really can stop faster but provided your tire can handle it or not.
this one seems more like it... :D

Some of them uses R32 to mod.. but now latest is using lexus 4 pot.. bigger and better..
which lexus? from LS400? not so "cucuk dan main" right?

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

From other modify magazine wrote is better, but i changed rim with offset 35 from 38/40 but it become bad.
bro, mine's 40 (front) / 42 (rear), maybe you want to try to to different offset? i believe the tyre is OK....

wah

Known Member
Nov 15, 2005
Sorry bro, 4got liao, 1 year liao. I just calculate how much space I need to free out from the brake caliper, and change all the screw to longer 1cm, finally told the tire shop to custom make the spacer with center hold than settled, lucky the rim is giving a lot of freedom.

btw it will change the car handling in corner if you just put in the front spacer.

If you just add infront, it will under not good for corner, if put at the rear it will over, it feel like driving a FR car, but dun push to the limit, it not eazy to collect it), if you put front and rear together you can put more speed in the same corner you normally did, it fast and more controllable too.

Cheongxp

Known Member
Oct 22, 2010
Selangor
If you just add infront, it will under not good for corner, if put at the rear it will over, it feel like driving a FR car, but dun push to the limit, it not eazy to collect it), if you put front and rear together you can put more speed in the same corner you normally did, it fast and more controllable too.
Yeh, i dont get what u mean, but maybe u misunderstood my situation.
I didnt put in any spacer now, just change the new sport rim with offset 35 from original offset 38.
Now the handling become less nice compare with previous offset 38.

Tyre spec & size is same, new rim is 8JJ compare old rim7.5JJ.
But i think this JJ different isn't issue for handling

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Turbo Tuesday guys, if you haven't read my review of the 2015 FK2R Civic Type-R Turbo via the main page recently, please enjoy this instead. All questions or comments be it on the review or the FK2R is highly welcomed

There's also a short video overview for your enjoyment

This is the link to the Full Article: http://www.zerotohundred.com/2015/primo-2015-fk2r-civic-type-r-turbo-first-drive/
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience