GT-fying my cefiro

chteo

Known Member
Dec 9, 2010
Subang
cefiro has always been a wonderful cruiser car for most people, but most of us here won't really end at there, same goes for me. i'm actually planning to GT-fy my ride by bringing it up a notch or two.

don't have a full idea of what to do yet (except those listed below), if you have any ideas, do contribute!

My main objective for this year is upgraded comfort and braking power.

Current ride:
- A32 2.5 litre stock engine with minor mod on air intake
- K&N drop in filter
- Upgraded 205/55/16 Michelin PP2
- Stock suspension
- UR front and rear bars

Planned items for this year:
- Reupholster all seats to leather
- Titan/Koni suspension
- Braided steel brake hose
- 2 pot brake caliper for front (need to check whether can clear my current RIM or not....)
- UR anti-roll bar (maybe side bar also)
- Upgrade to projector lens

Others:
- Sound insulation
- Autofoam???

Last edited:

chteo

Known Member
Dec 9, 2010
Subang
haha... GT wings ar.... might go for GT duck lips instead of wings, i know the adverts shows that the VQ engine can fly a plane...but not to that extent..haha...

CAI...hhmm...can consider, letme check for open space in the bay since i don't like to cut a hole...

A32 is single pot while A33 is twin pot (unless my memory is failing me...)

kazukimy

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2006
KL/Pahang
devil-home.blogspot.com
haha,dun think there is open space,except u take cold air by cutting open ur bonnet..
lolz...ducktail,but kinda hard to find duck tail that is nice,still finding a good looking for my car...
i see...i need to check on A32 den when i go out,haha

chteo

Known Member
Dec 9, 2010
Subang
if i strike 4D, i will change to CF hood lor....hahaha.. but at the moment, keep it that way first...

performance tuning next year, also waiting for bro badgti's badass VQ30DE to materialise...

true, ducktails harder to find, hence i'm showing naked butt first..haha

wah

Known Member
Nov 15, 2005
if i strike 4D, i will change to CF hood lor....hahaha.. but at the moment, keep it that way first...

performance tuning next year, also waiting for bro badgti's badass VQ30DE to materialise...

true, ducktails harder to find, hence i'm showing naked butt first..haha
Did you mean the original ducktail with LED brake light???:hmmmm:

chteo

Known Member
Dec 9, 2010
Subang
means u can go faster while on highway,wakaka...yea..go for CF hood,cefiro's hood kinda heavy,i nw oso thinking way of reducing my cefiro's fat,lolz...
on our highway i don't dare to go fast (ie above 180kmph), too scary liao

many ways to reduce weight, just throw out unnecessary stuff....

---------- Post added at 10:50 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

Did you mean the original ducktail with LED brake light???:hmmmm:
no la, i meant the lip :)

the tiny little long piece of plastic/PU without the LED brake light that will cost us quite a number of economy rice.....

chteo

Known Member
Dec 9, 2010
Subang
added sound insulation...and auto foam? maybe not if i have UR bars

bro kazukimy....no need la, just heat up the engine and you go sauna in it la...sure can lose a few kgs!

wah

Known Member
Nov 15, 2005
haha... GT wings ar.... might go for GT duck lips instead of wings, i know the adverts shows that the VQ engine can fly a plane...but not to that extent..haha...

CAI...hhmm...can consider, letme check for open space in the bay since i don't like to cut a hole...

A32 is single pot while A33 is twin pot (unless my memory is failing me...)
Try to use the S14 or S15 twin pot, but you may need a 9mm spacer to give some buffer. Attach is what I did.

Attachments

chteo

Known Member
Dec 9, 2010
Subang
cool wah!

yea, i recall somewhere i read that the twin pot from either silvia or skyline can be used, but just can't recall which.

after the spacer, what's the offset you're using for your rim?

badgti

1,000 RPM
Jul 8, 2005
johor
dude if u want to get good brakesu can consider geting a 4 pot brake calipers from a certain toyota model that i know(secret) , it'll take a bit of mod but it brakes good and with a bit of bling will pass for brembos anytime..hehehe plus brake pads cheap loo

hamtaro00

Known Member
Sep 26, 2011
Ipoh
hi bro i had not used autofoam but cost vs benefit, i think better go for those sound dampening sticker.
by the way i heard from my friend on his 3.0 ceffy, the AFM or smth like that is vry sensative to airflow changes, so he said better not to touch on air filter wor.

how true is it, i cant vouch. anyway ceffy is a nice cruiser, esp the brougham 3.0, very solid and comfortable, i had to be dragged away when i test drive 1 of it. only that the high roadtax is killer:thefinger:

wah

Known Member
Nov 15, 2005
cool wah!

yea, i recall somewhere i read that the twin pot from either silvia or skyline can be used, but just can't recall which.

after the spacer, what's the offset you're using for your rim?

Sorry bro, 4got liao, 1 year liao. I just calculate how much space I need to free out from the brake caliper, and change all the screw to longer 1cm, finally told the tire shop to custom make the spacer with center hold than settled, lucky the rim is giving a lot of freedom.

btw it will change the car handling in corner if you just put in the front spacer.

Silvia(S13~S15) and Skyline GTS use the same brake caliper, so as long as this type plug and play. Original brake caliper in high speed u knw it can stop but take sometime, but this one u will feel really can stop faster but provided your tire can handle it or not.

Abang ong previously posted b4.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i want to fit a evo motor to my neo either a 1.8t or a 2.0t i can find any info on the swap and ive been looking for weeks,

i really want the 2.0 in but want i want to know is what gearbox is used? also are the mounts the same? im guessing not but want to make sure.
the lad who is doing my car has a twin engine c2 , awd with over 500whp so he knows what he is doing but i want to get everything before we start.

or is the 1.8t an easier job?

hope someone can help as i want to get this...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience