Gone with the wind

zhaf_b16

Known Member
Aug 9, 2006
i've been thinking of that too. is there any device for them to use to detect these trackers? i've heard before thieves use some sort of device to track laptops in cars. is it true?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Firstly, sorry for your loss. Adding more security will only slow the thieves down, if they already have targeted your car.
My mechanic had a client who lost his Evo. The Evo was fitted with GPS tracking and sms alert and was stolen from his condo. Seems the guard did see a few persons with the car hood open. When the guard approached them they mentioned car repair.
Some how parking in basement, the sms alert was not activated because got no line. GPS as far as I know was deactivated by the thieves.
Call to GPS company show no sign of it, but 2 days later he got a call stating the car GPS shows it was in Seremban. GPS activated for a while then off. Seems that the GPS have to be activated to start the car, then they off it again.....Until now no sign of the car.....

zhaf_b16

Known Member
Aug 9, 2006
that sucks. have u guys heard of the case in kuantan? blue EK stolen but somewhat this honda community members caught them. taken by the police but then released. 'mengaku tidak bersalah' somemore. what the hell? caught red handed also can 'mengaku tidak bersalah' aa?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
that sucks. have u guys heard of the case in kuantan? blue EK stolen but somewhat this honda community members caught them. taken by the police but then released. 'mengaku tidak bersalah' somemore. what the hell? caught red handed also can 'mengaku tidak bersalah' aa?
Alamak! What has happen to our country??????:banghead:

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Maybe these car thieves also got insurance scheme whereby they will be released within 2 hours if they are caught?

Malaysia boleh, ada payung tak takut hujan !:call::evil:

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
i tink immobilizer like those takashimaya is a gud investment.

like my fren's car, the thief cannot start the car.of coz he was using another brand of immobilizer.
however, those blardy thief take anything they can inside the car and left all the wiring around.
later even owner cannot start the car and need to tow.

the downside was cannot claim insurance eventhou the cost to repair and replace is thousands of ringgit.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Same like my friend's car, broke the side window, dug out his stereo set, breaking the dash....:banghead:

zhaf_b16

Known Member
Aug 9, 2006
Maybe these car thieves also got insurance scheme whereby they will be released within 2 hours if they are caught?

Malaysia boleh, ada payung tak takut hujan !:call::evil:
that's the power of money. anything can buy.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
WTF??? :banghead:

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

Firstly, sorry for your loss. Adding more security will only slow the thieves down, if they already have targeted your car.
My mechanic had a client who lost his Evo. The Evo was fitted with GPS tracking and sms alert and was stolen from his condo. Seems the guard did see a few persons with the car hood open. When the guard approached them they mentioned car repair.
Some how parking in basement, the sms alert was not activated because got no line. GPS as far as I know was deactivated by the thieves.
Call to GPS company show no sign of it, but 2 days later he got a call stating the car GPS shows it was in Seremban. GPS activated for a while then off. Seems that the GPS have to be activated to start the car, then they off it again.....Until now no sign of the car.....
The security guard should get fired! How stupid can they be to be easily fooled like that? :banghead:
He should've asked for some identification or double checked with the owner if he saw unknown people messing around with a resident car!

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
The security guard should get fired! How stupid can they be to be easily fooled like that? :banghead:
He should've asked for some identification or double checked with the owner if he saw unknown people messing around with a resident car!
You know how some security guards are loh! Probably guards are foreigner and if you can get into the condo, guard think probably is resident or have visitor pass...

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
You know how some security guards are loh! Probably guards are foreigner and if you can get into the condo, guard think probably is resident or have visitor pass...
Foreigners or not, they should been trained even better on spotting suspicious individuals. Moreover, it's just simple common sense actually.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Foreigners or not, they should been trained even better on spotting suspicious individuals. Moreover, it's just simple common sense actually.
Train? We already hearing a lot in the papers mentioning about the security guards and those hired by the security companies. There are so many rape cases, and the culprit is the security guard them-self and so on. So I think is difficult also.... :banghead:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i recently visited a muffler shop in sunway and realised that i was spoilt for choice, there are just so many types of mufflers available. i already have an extractor and mid section installed (2.3) on my 1.8 putra. could someone tell me what i should be looking out for/consider before purchasing a muffler?
and what are the main differences between imported ones ($$$) and locally produced ones ($)?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience