Gen 2 owner pls report here

Gen_x

Known Member
Oct 29, 2004
ampang
www.cardomain.com
Originally posted by NeutrinoBlue@Jan 29 2005, 15:48
Hi all..

I have been looking down this thread and gain a lot already by your infos.. can i join this club ? coz my "mum" car is a gen2 (A/t) and i intend to do some minor mods to this car... coz in a way i think it resembles and acura rsx.. ahah...

Just wanna ask some problem that i faced and hopefully you guys can help me with it

1- Burning smell from engine (10k+ km already) Sa said its normal for new car.. ???

2- Air sound at the back seat of the car
-is it from the car rear door or maybe (just cross my mind) the rear bonnet window coz i dont see that any air flowing in to the car when travelling 90+kmh
has anybony know how to overcome this.

3-Cracking sound when turning the steering wheels when reverse to the right

4-Making a U turn sometimes tak lepas .. why ah? turning radius so small or is it just my car.. even my dads perdana can do the u turn .. ahah

What sort of low cost upgrades can be done to make the car powerful eg spark plugs.. and stuff.. stabilizers to improve handling??? can put some pic and where to get ?

Hope to get more info from you guys.. btw i'm still a student so cost is a big thing .. ahah..
:P
low cost upgrades :

1. drop in k/n filters (speedworks)
2. better spark plugs e.g Volker (speedworks),Beru silverstone spark plugs(contact mr. emanage)
3.stabilizers e.g from Hotbits of Speedworks or Ultra racing(pandan indah)... there're Good!

;)

car2221

Known Member
Oct 7, 2004
KL
Visit site
Originally posted by NeutrinoBlue@Jan 29 2005, 15:48
Hi all..

I have been looking down this thread and gain a lot already by your infos.. can i join this club ? coz my "mum" car is a gen2 (A/t) and i intend to do some minor mods to this car... coz in a way i think it resembles and acura rsx.. ahah...

Just wanna ask some problem that i faced and hopefully you guys can help me with it

1- Burning smell from engine (10k+ km already) Sa said its normal for new car.. ???

2- Air sound at the back seat of the car
-is it from the car rear door or maybe (just cross my mind) the rear bonnet window coz i dont see that any air flowing in to the car when travelling 90+kmh
has anybony know how to overcome this.

3-Cracking sound when turning the steering wheels when reverse to the right

4-Making a U turn sometimes tak lepas .. why ah? turning radius so small or is it just my car.. even my dads perdana can do the u turn .. ahah

What sort of low cost upgrades can be done to make the car powerful eg spark plugs.. and stuff.. stabilizers to improve handling??? can put some pic and where to get ?

Hope to get more info from you guys.. btw i'm still a student so cost is a big thing .. ahah..
:P
dude....da burning smell is actually de Anti-Rust heated up smell...coz they spray Anti-Rust underneath your car mar..so sometimes it'll kena your engine lor..so when engine HOT tat time will have some burning smell lar! :lol:

NeutrinoBlue

Jan 29, 2005
Ooo the burning smell comes from anti rust kaa.. ic .. not dangeorus ah ?

Hmm.. for the upgrades right, can u put a bit detail like price n picture.. so that i can budget the money first...

I have currently some problem after installing a fibre spoiler.. demn .. some rusty water like deposited on the rear bumper.. is it due to the driling for the 3rd brake? what can i do to rectify this ?

What i did was i try to ask the paint shop to do a paint work for the "spoiler" but he said that the paint would not last and might create "bubble" like spot on the spoiler ... the tokei said that it is due to it is a fibre base spoiler.. ( the black one(colour of the fibre )) .. i m so dissapointed after hearing that... so any idea guys?

Emanage

Known Member
Oct 6, 2004
Visit site
Guys ,

At here i would like to wish all gen 2 member a happy and prosperity lunar new year !!!!!

Below is my new mod open pod filter with custom made ram pipe

Emanage

Known Member
Oct 6, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by canken2@Feb 9 2005, 08:08
Happy CNY Gen2 owners gang :) :)

morning bro Emanage wah new year new mod :lol: :lol: i believe a heatshield mod is in the future plans :rolleyes:

if coming down to KL give us a buzz let's meet up and yam shing :D
ken gor ,

Happy chinese new year !!!!! Sure i will buzz once i be there .............

anson

Feb 11, 2005
kl
Visit site
hihi....new member for zerotohundred.. gen2 owner n also a student..
many thing to learn from urs... hope gen2 sifu can teach me ya..
oh.... i turned up to 170kph b4 at batu cave highway wif nothing improve... but need to take long time to do it ...
any idea to make my gen2 break up to 200kph?? thanks to reply me..

Emanage

Known Member
Oct 6, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by anson@Feb 11 2005, 03:17
hihi....new member for zerotohundred.. gen2 owner n also a student..
many thing to learn from urs... hope gen2 sifu can teach me ya..
oh.... i turned up to 170kph b4 at batu cave highway wif nothing improve... but need to take long time to do it ...
any idea to make my gen2 break up to 200kph?? thanks to reply me..
may i know urs is AT or MT ?

anson

Feb 11, 2005
kl
Visit site
Originally posted by artnet@Feb 19 2005, 09:38
one pic to share with u all... taken in damai beach, kuching.

very nice gen 2.
can i know how much for the bodykit like the yellow gen2 u display without spray .... thanks !

Gen_x

Known Member
Oct 29, 2004
ampang
www.cardomain.com
Originally posted by anson+Feb 21 2005, 15:49 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (anson @ Feb 21 2005, 15:49 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-artnet@Feb 19 2005, 09:38
one pic to share with u all... taken in damai beach, kuching.

very nice gen 2.
can i know how much for the bodykit like the yellow gen2 u display without spray .... thanks ! [/b][/quote]
i try to answer...

dunno the exact price.... but according to d design n style n market price...
maybe it's around 900 above.... because many material have been used for the spoiler, sideskirts n etc.... n if PU.. maybe higher....

like Veilside ler die punyer

correct me if i m wrong.. just according to my survey at bodykit shop...

tq :D

car1222

Jan 18, 2005
Visit site
:( aiyor...this thread so slow lar....any G2 owners here....pls pls come in!!!