fuankee

Known Member
Sep 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
Originally posted by Emanage@Dec 21 2004, 22:59
no still the same ... just add in some feature
like what? n how's the price?

i nearly wanted to buy the 1st 1 2 days ago b4 seeing this.. scare i might regret later la.. :lol: haha..
n how come i din c it in the showroom 1 went 1? $#%#%#$ :angry:
stupid lousy showroom

btw, whats EBD or EDB or something like that?
what does it do actually?

car2221

Known Member
Oct 7, 2004
KL
Visit site
Emanage...i think i saw ur car that day...on seremban highway..near Kuchai exit..around 7plus...quite jamn..tat day...was that u???

Gen_x

Known Member
Oct 29, 2004
ampang
www.cardomain.com
Originally posted by fuankee+Dec 25 2004, 13:36 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (fuankee @ Dec 25 2004, 13:36 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Emanage@Dec 21 2004, 22:59
no still the same ... just add in some feature
like what? n how's the price?

i nearly wanted to buy the 1st 1 2 days ago b4 seeing this.. scare i might regret later la.. :lol: haha..
n how come i din c it in the showroom 1 went 1? $#%#%#$ :angry:
stupid lousy showroom

btw, whats EBD or EDB or something like that?
what does it do actually? [/b][/quote]
:)
buy the highline version lorrr.... 62k for auto n manual must be less than dat...
(EBD,ABS, AIR BAG, LEATHER SEAT, NEW COLOUR, SAME RIMS HEHEHE)

Emanage

Known Member
Oct 6, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by car2221@Dec 25 2004, 18:02
Emanage...i think i saw ur car that day...on seremban highway..near Kuchai exit..around 7plus...quite jamn..tat day...was that u???
when is it ? How you recognise my car ?

car2221

Known Member
Oct 7, 2004
KL
Visit site
Originally posted by Emanage+Dec 26 2004, 09:50 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Emanage @ Dec 26 2004, 09:50 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-car2221@Dec 25 2004, 18:02
when is it ? How you recognise my car ? [/b][/quote]
u got post ur G-2 pics on the 1st page mar....so i guess that was u lar!!!....same colour blue...with ta same colour rim...so i guess it must be u lor :lol:

Emanage

Known Member
Oct 6, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by fuankee@Dec 26 2004, 14:35
oohh.. okay..
what's EDB anyway?
any1 cares to explain?
GEN•2’s Electronic Brake force Distribution (EBD) system ensure stability and good braking performance, particularly during panic / emergency situations; preventing complete wheel lock-up and allowing the driver to perform avoidance manoeuvres even when the brake pedal is pressed.

Emanage

Known Member
Oct 6, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by car2221+Dec 28 2004, 00:21 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (car2221 @ Dec 28 2004, 00:21 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Emanage@Dec 26 2004, 09:50
<!--QuoteBegin-car2221
@Dec 25 2004, 18:02

when is it ? How you recognise my car ?
u got post ur G-2 pics on the 1st page mar....so i guess that was u lar!!!....same colour blue...with ta same colour rim...so i guess it must be u lor :lol: [/b][/quote]
car2221 ,

Pm me your contatct number and personeal detail . I will call you if i in kl later

car2221

Known Member
Oct 7, 2004
KL
Visit site
Emanage UGPM

bangau

Dec 30, 2004
Hi, I've been reading this forum and frankly speaking, I find it very entertaining and very informative.

Can i share with you guys my experience with the gen.2? I don't have one but I am doing up a gen.2 as a project car.

These are the current modifications done:

1. Continental Sport Contact 1 tyres: size 215/40 R17 courtesy of Sime Conti.
-If you use 45 series tyres, you will have fender-scrub problem once you lower the car. Supposedly it should have been CSC2 but they have no such size in their stock that time.

2. 17-inch JRD rims
- Fin type, don't ask why JRD, my company is close to JRD, that's why. But so far the rims are good and I haven't bent them yet.

3. Fully adjustable (ride height and damping) Hot Bits suspension kit with strut-bars (front and rear)
- Superb units, installed by Speedwork. I have no fender scrubbing problem even with 5 occupants inside. It is not really that low and I can pass most speed bumps. But the best part is, this car handles like a race car, with at least some level of comfort dialled in.

4. Complete Hot Bits exhaust system with K&N induction kit
- Nice, and thanks to that, the car has extra 14-ponies to play around. Torque is up 32.8 Nm from stock. Anyway, I did not get the claimed 110hp on the stock car. It was 106.5hp.

5. Torco transmission and gear oil
- I dunno about the engine oil but after dyno, it did increased a bit (1 plus hp). But the transmission oil is great. the gearbox is so smooth now and I have no jerkiness shifting down from 3 to 2 or shifting up from 1 to 2.

6. Pro-RS Braided brake hose
- Great, now brake feel is better, but now the brake fluid reservoir is giving problems due to the extra pressure.

7. Full interior colour change
- Yup, send it to WeColour and change nearly all the colour (red and black), with matching red and black leather seats. The colours are R3 inspired.

8. Upgraded Blaupunkt system
- Installed better front component system, one amp and one active subwoofer. It sounds a lot better and it only costs around RM3600. The active subwoofer is small, but produces real kicking bass sound.

9. Bosch free maintenance battery

10. Bosch tropical wipers

Currently the car is undergoing an exterior change. SUBI of SD Design has designed a bodykit and the car is being installed with the bodykit. Hopefully it will be ready next week.

Future mod will be AutoFoam chassis stiffener/noise damper and of course,new exterior colour scheme and 18-inch tyre-rim combo (which will only be used during autoshows).

The performance of the car is great. Even with the grippy 17-inch tyres we can easily spin them in second gear. It handles very good and I find the car to be very addictive to drive.

For the sake of testing the car, I reached more than 200kmph when the car was stock. In fact, this car is one of the earliest Gen.2. i was driving it around before the cars are delivered to the customers (the stares that I got, wow! it beats driving the cooper s!). After modification, it can easily reach 200kmph without breaking any sweat. But of course speedo error must be taken into consideration. :)

Hope to get your response (good or bad) soon. Would love to have some intelligent discussion about the car and how to make it better.

Cheers!

Emanage

Known Member
Oct 6, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by bangau@Dec 30 2004, 15:01
Hi, I've been reading this forum and frankly speaking, I find it very entertaining and very informative.

Can i share with you guys my experience with the gen.2? I don't have one but I am doing up a gen.2 as a project car.

These are the current modifications done:

1. Continental Sport Contact 1 tyres: size 215/40 R17 courtesy of Sime Conti.
-If you use 45 series tyres, you will have fender-scrub problem once you lower the car. Supposedly it should have been CSC2 but they have no such size in their stock that time.

2. 17-inch JRD rims
- Fin type, don't ask why JRD, my company is close to JRD, that's why. But so far the rims are good and I haven't bent them yet.

3. Fully adjustable (ride height and damping) Hot Bits suspension kit with strut-bars (front and rear)
- Superb units, installed by Speedwork. I have no fender scrubbing problem even with 5 occupants inside. It is not really that low and I can pass most speed bumps. But the best part is, this car handles like a race car, with at least some level of comfort dialled in.

4. Complete Hot Bits exhaust system with K&N induction kit
- Nice, and thanks to that, the car has extra 14-ponies to play around. Torque is up 32.8 Nm from stock. Anyway, I did not get the claimed 110hp on the stock car. It was 106.5hp.

5. Torco transmission and gear oil
- I dunno about the engine oil but after dyno, it did increased a bit (1 plus hp). But the transmission oil is great. the gearbox is so smooth now and I have no jerkiness shifting down from 3 to 2 or shifting up from 1 to 2.

6. Pro-RS Braided brake hose
- Great, now brake feel is better, but now the brake fluid reservoir is giving problems due to the extra pressure.

7. Full interior colour change
- Yup, send it to WeColour and change nearly all the colour (red and black), with matching red and black leather seats. The colours are R3 inspired.

8. Upgraded Blaupunkt system
- Installed better front component system, one amp and one active subwoofer. It sounds a lot better and it only costs around RM3600. The active subwoofer is small, but produces real kicking bass sound.

9. Bosch free maintenance battery

10. Bosch tropical wipers

Currently the car is undergoing an exterior change. SUBI of SD Design has designed a bodykit and the car is being installed with the bodykit. Hopefully it will be ready next week.

Future mod will be AutoFoam chassis stiffener/noise damper and of course,new exterior colour scheme and 18-inch tyre-rim combo (which will only be used during autoshows).

The performance of the car is great. Even with the grippy 17-inch tyres we can easily spin them in second gear. It handles very good and I find the car to be very addictive to drive.

For the sake of testing the car, I reached more than 200kmph when the car was stock. In fact, this car is one of the earliest Gen.2. i was driving it around before the cars are delivered to the customers (the stares that I got, wow! it beats driving the cooper s!). After modification, it can easily reach 200kmph without breaking any sweat. But of course speedo error must be taken into consideration. :)

Hope to get your response (good or bad) soon. Would love to have some intelligent discussion about the car and how to make it better.

Cheers!
Hi NST guy sudah mari . :D
I am emanage here . I know about u , man .
I think you need to add smth like i do :-

Plug cable change to the best plug cable in the world :
1) Nology hotwire - special make for gen 2
2) Hot inazma hyper vs - to stabilizer the voltage of gen 2 and throttle will more sensitive .
3) Silver ground on roker box
4) fuel regulator - to increase the fuel vapourization and easy to comburst
5) beru silvertosne - silver center rod plug ....

bangau ,

I will join the speedworks party on 31st dec ... you may meet me there .

bangau

Dec 30, 2004
yup, but you see, I am tied with some of the sponsors. i can't simply add in things. How i wish I can blueprint it because somebody offered me to blue print the engine!

I think I'll be there. And perhaps i can ask about speedwork about the sparkplugs and s-afc. heheheh!

Actually I wanted to see Gen2 owners but I really do not have the time. There is a LOT of information that I can share with you guys, and I can get a lot from you guys too!

Emanage

Known Member
Oct 6, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by bangau@Dec 30 2004, 15:49
yup, but you see, I am tied with some of the sponsors. i can't simply add in things. How i wish I can blueprint it because somebody offered me to blue print the engine!

I think I'll be there. And perhaps i can ask about speedwork about the sparkplugs and s-afc. heheheh!

Actually I wanted to see Gen2 owners but I really do not have the time. There is a LOT of information that I can share with you guys, and I can get a lot from you guys too!
I understand that .
Ok , see you there later .... Sogo is asking why you r posting at here ... hahhaa :D

bangau

Dec 30, 2004
hahaha...there cannot talk abt Gen2 lor. In AW got too many flamers. here seems very nice people.

Gen_x

Known Member
Oct 29, 2004
ampang
www.cardomain.com
walauwehh this is the guy from the special issues every sunday in NST RITE???

HUHUHUHU.... very proud man... huhuhu... :D :D :D

nway..ur audio setup for the project gen.2 is superb... thumbs up!

emanage... i can't get through hotmail for this past days.. any news about official gath??

Emanage

Known Member
Oct 6, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by Gen_x@Dec 30 2004, 17:08
walauwehh this is the guy from the special issues every sunday in NST RITE???

HUHUHUHU.... very proud man... huhuhu... :D :D :D

nway..ur audio setup for the project gen.2 is superb... thumbs up!

emanage... i can't get through hotmail for this past days.. any news about official gath??
gen -x ......
come and join speedworks party .....

bangau

Dec 30, 2004
thank you friend. but actually the gen.2 is already a good car to drive. do you know that the brakes are so good, we prefer gen.2's non ABS brake rather than some cars with ABS? You actually can tell when the brakes are about to lock. But in the wet, still prefer ABS lor. hehehe.

I hope you guys know how to appreciate the car. Of course there are still some kinks but drive it well and everything else is forgiven (well, can la, not all though. hahaha).

I am also not biased for proton and i do not drive a proton. You see, in my profession, the best is you clear yourself from being biassed to one make. I ride.

fats

Jun 4, 2004
how is the fuel consumption for manual version of the gen2? izit better or worst compare to waja?

Emanage

Known Member
Oct 6, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by fats@Dec 31 2004, 09:21
how is the fuel consumption for manual version of the gen2? izit better or worst compare to waja?
should be better than waja
So far no complaint about FC from manual owner

bangau

Dec 30, 2004
I had a Waja for two years and thus i can say that Gen.2 has better fuel consumption, PROVIDED you drive it sanely.

the auto Gen2 is a bit of a gas guzzler. Perhaps they need to find a real auto gearbox for the Gen2.