Gen 2 CPS Thread

speedo

Known Member
Mar 30, 2007
im driving the 2008 gen2 cps that i bought on january.
performance is so beast...easily reach 180kmh.
after switching to R3 coil spring, the handling much-much greater.
i've reach 210kmh but still stable.
overall, gen2 cps is the best...
did u mod or doing touch up on any part of your ride...coz i hardly reach 180..up to this moment can only reached 160 after long km

maxpain

Known Member
Jan 7, 2009
did u mod or doing touch up on any part of your ride...coz i hardly reach 180..up to this moment can only reached 160 after long km
the 210kmh is after my 1st service for 1k km. and all standard includes rims.
now im fit in my cps with new rims and it's 17" and replace the "cat converter" to more free flow replacement but still maintain the mid bullet and ori s-flow exhaust. last time i've reach 190kmh(short distance) with this rim but before my 3rd service that will be 10k km. with delay time...
my advise...go complain to proton.
it sad that ur cps cant reach 180...

speedo

Known Member
Mar 30, 2007
is there any sound or somthing that tells us the cps kick in?..

maxpain

Known Member
Jan 7, 2009
is there any sound or somthing that tells us the cps kick in?..
i think just a lil bit tiny sound...overall, u cant hear it...:)
all u can see is the meter just going up and up...

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
saw this video,i think its a good video to see.Quite good the performance for a standard car.

i think its a member of this forum's car..i am not sure..

this is the only GOOD video available or seen on the net.

this should give you a rough idea about the performance.

YouTube - PROTON GEN2 CPS 1.6(M) 0-180kmh

maxpain

Known Member
Jan 7, 2009
i knew this guy...he's from Kelantan.
i've already talk to him and he a very nice guy, not "kedekut " with his knowledge...he told me that his car is all in standard condition. before he play with gen2 cps, he already play with wira gsr.
imagine...that u changed the head manifold with 4-2-1 and free flow exhaust system...
nyum-nyum...u got more power than that...imagine... :)

senbe84

Known Member
Apr 25, 2008
hi guys,just got my gen2 cps around april this year. As far that i can remember, there is no major problem with my gen2. Minor prob like "ketak ketak ketak" sound when i open my window..the engine is so smooth n grumbles deeper compared to normal campro.My dad drives a satria neo with normal campro so i can feel the difference of both engine.

From what i've experience, the old campro fitted to neo comes with longer ratio gearbox especially for 3rd gear.Comparing the 3rd gear of neo n gen2 cps u can immediately notice it.neo 3rd gear would take some time to speed up maybe due to the fact that the ratio is longer. gen2 3rd gear is just nice,after shifting from 2nd gear to 3rd gear, the rpm will increase without hassle. For neo,shifting from 2nd to 3rd would need some time for the rpm to increase but if u shift into 3rd gear at high rpm point,there is not much problems.huhu.Donno if u guys can understand what im trying to say or not....huhu.I can drive through road bumps using 3rd gear with gen2 cps but with neo 2nd gear might also stall the engine sometimes.

In terms of engine, gen2 cps really nice la.No jokes at all...Tried with a normal campro gen2,smoked him like 4 cars.Tried with a vios,smoked him too but since it is an auto, his car has faster pick up compared to my slow response shifting.huhu.But when i got into 3rd n 4th gear,no problem at all.

Once the engine rev up more than 4000rpm, i notice that the engine becomes lighter compared to below 4000 rpm. Meaning when 0-4000rpm, the engine is heavy but after 4000rpm it becomes light n a bit power can be squeezed out of it. I enjoy keeping my engine revving more than 4000rpm for extra pick up but minyak also extra used too. Same goes to my dad's neo, revving it more than 4000rpm the engine becomes lighter.

Comparing the cps with normal campro, the campro lagging still exist.With neo, the lag is really really noticeable.when u want to shift up, u pushed the clutch without step on the gas, the rpm suddenly goes up like 500rpm.Sorry to say, with cps engine, the lag still exist but not as high as 500rpm but maybe 100rpm(rough estimation)..maybe becoz they dont use normal mechanical linkage for the gas pedal so this prob exist.But i dont know, this is what i can think off.Some ppl might know the reason for the campro lag.

In terms of handling, cps is good but cant be compared to neo la. Cornering with neo : 140kmj, same corner but with gen2 cps : 120kmj. I hope u guys understand. But gen2 is more comfort than neo,interior also nicer than neo or pesona.

There is not much problem to speed up from 0 to 160 with cps. From 160 to 195 might take some times. Max speed i drove using my cps 195kmj. The steering wheel doesnt shake at all during those acceleration n max speed but when i step on the brakes hard at high speed, the steering do shake a bit but not that hard la. During 195kmj speeding, i do notice that the sound of the engine is so loud.huhuhu. There is a small gush of wind coming into the car from the firewall.how do i know it came through the firewall?i always felt the wind around my leg area.huhu.Maybe got hole at the firewall i guess.

I think dats all that i can tell now, but if u guys want to ask something, no prob.I would try my best to answer it. What i said is based on what i experience so some ppl might experience itdifferently. I dont mind hearing other ppls opinion. We can discuss n create better solution to avoid problems with our cps.

maxpain

Known Member
Jan 7, 2009
cool...good theory, good explanation and a good experianced...:)
like the video showed, it's easy to reach 180kmh in to 34 second... :p

speedo

Known Member
Mar 30, 2007
yup...mr djan told us to rev the engine up to 4.5 - 6.5 for shifting gear, if we do this sure can feel the power...the 4th gear of this cps superb..... but hate the 1st sound of the exhaust in the morning seems to hear there were bocor? wonder if u guys experienced that too

senbe84

Known Member
Apr 25, 2008
about the sound during morning time, my cps doesnt sound like bocor.maybe ur piping got loose gaps that causes those sound.cps engine grumbles deeper than campro engine.My dad even notice the different engine sound, sounded like a strong engine he said...huhu..

maxpain

Known Member
Jan 7, 2009
yup...mr djan told us to rev the engine up to 4.5 - 6.5 for shifting gear, if we do this sure can feel the power...the 4th gear of this cps superb..... but hate the 1st sound of the exhaust in the morning seems to hear there were bocor? wonder if u guys experienced that too
bro, try to check ur silencer box.
1st time i get my car got that sound too...then i discover that the silencer box "bocor" at the bottom...

nan83

Known Member
Nov 14, 2004
Pasir Mas,Kel
huhu.. i'm not play wira gsr lah... wira ebo lah... already sell that car..

now buy wira ebo again... as a weekend car.. cannot tahan lah..

---------- Post added at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 PM ----------

yaa.. my car also got sound about 20sec if start on cold engine... i tot if come from LCP.. not checkit yet.. will try put silicon spray on my belting, if not gone.. maybe other prob...

maxpain

Known Member
Jan 7, 2009
huhu.. i'm not play wira gsr lah... wira ebo lah... already sell that car..

now buy wira ebo again... as a weekend car.. cannot tahan lah..

---------- Post added at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 PM ----------

sorry la dato'...im very2 terlupa...do u know me or not? :p

senbe84

Known Member
Apr 25, 2008
guys...need help a bit.cps means cam profile switching so if we use adjustable campulley and we change the cam degrees,does the cps effect still work?Since cps engages at certain rpm so changing the degree might do what to the cps engagement?make it early?a bit late?

Since we can retard and advance the cam and causes the power band to come earlier or later at high rpm, does the cps engagement rpm still fixed or does it shift also??

saya budak baru belajar...huhu

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I have a set of GAB HA for AE101 that needs fixing. I have sent it to one of my friend's shop but they say first generation cannot be fixed. I have heard that all GAB can be fixed whether first or 2nd or 3rd gen. Anyone can shed some light on this?

Many thanks!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience