Gen 2 CPS Thread

maxpain

Known Member
Jan 7, 2009
huhu...very gud question...
got to asked the sifus for this question...dato nan83...i think he can answer the question...:)

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

aiyak... dato' ??? dato tua ka.... huhuhu.... of coz la i know you... huhu
nan, hows ur cps now...no more mods?
since u got car with tebo power...

nan83

Known Member
Nov 14, 2004
Pasir Mas,Kel
guys...need help a bit.cps means cam profile switching so if we use adjustable campulley and we change the cam degrees,does the cps effect still work?Since cps engages at certain rpm so changing the degree might do what to the cps engagement?make it early?a bit late?

Since we can retard and advance the cam and causes the power band to come earlier or later at high rpm, does the cps engagement rpm still fixed or does it shift also??

saya budak baru belajar...huhu

maxpain also can answer the question laa.... me also budak2 baru blajo...

humm.. change the cam degree will not effect the cps switching... cps switching base on RPM to activate it... once the RPM reach the ecu activation setpoint, ecu will give the signal to hydraulic solenoid to energize it, than the cam switch .. mechanically it not related with campully, the cps switching is using the tappet itself...

fyi, the switching system only at intake cam...

just see vid below to know how cps work...

YouTube - Secret behind the Campro CPS(cam profile switching) engine of the Proton Gen2

maxpain

Known Member
Jan 7, 2009
yaaa... no more mods..

maybe last upgrade 1.3piston & extractor....
i can make a question from ur answer...
why gen2 1.6 change they piston to 1.3?
cps pistons did'nt do a good job ka? :)

speedo

Known Member
Mar 30, 2007
any 1 here wiling to share the photo of gen2 pistons..love 2 c d different

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
Hi Guys,

Nice to read on this thread..
Btw, have any latest modification update?
mind to share ?

andrewleo013

Nov 26, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
hi.... does anyone know how to get the RPM signal from campro? From ECU? From dashboard meter? so that i can install the tachometer.

pls help me any sifu..
thanx

tks

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
USJ
Visit site
Greetings!!

anyone tried changing the timing belt for this engine before? got a question about the timing markers and how they seem to defy logic...unless i missed something :biggrin:

andrewleo013

Nov 26, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Dear all si fu,

I am newbie over here. Does any one know how to install a tachometer in waja campro? where can i get the RPM signal?

Thanx O.

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
All CPS folks,

When the 2nd stage cam kick in, can hear the engine sound such like Vtec or Mivec?

reezl

Jan 27, 2010
Selangor
hallo...
i'm a newbie here though..
i am planning to 'sambar' this gen2 cps..
i have look at the forum in motortrade(sadly can't register), they talk about good things about this model..
and i just happen to found this forum today..huhuhuhu...
due to the good feedback from the users of gen2 cps that i've read, i think its worth buying, considering its proton though.
furthermore, the 2009 model got 5k discount which turn my head 360degree!!!:dancing2:

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

i heard that there are issue about the height at the rear seat roof...
they said it quite low and will hit head if going on a bump..
how do you guys find this issue affect your satisfaction??

Last edited:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Bros,

Can the person who bought this car JDY796 pls contact me....urgent

Actually, i had sold this car to him on behalf of a friend in April' 08 but I just found out that he still hasn't done the transfer for the car yet. As such, my friend is receiving police summonses when he's not even driving the car!

I really hope you can help me locate him or maybe leave a note on his car to call me urgently (016-7100021) otherwise we may have no choice but to lodge a police report on the matter...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience