Gauging interest on plasti dip

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Gauging Interest : Which Plasti Dip Color Would You Prefer And What Would You Dip?

• Blaze Blue

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Blaze Green

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blaze Orange

• Blaze Pink

• Blaze Purple

• Blaze Yellow

• Base White

• Base Red

• Base Black

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Smoke!

• Gun Metal

• Camo Black

• Camo Brown

• Camo Tan

• Camo Green

• Total voters
Very illegal. Actually even if you wear army-type clothes and walk around and you're not a soldier or even if you are but not on duty, it's wrong and illegal. Just that the close one eye only.

Only can camo interior xD

Very illegal. Actually even if you wear army-type clothes and walk around and you're not a soldier or even if you are but not on duty, it's wrong and illegal. Just that the close one eye only.

Yup, camo actually only for army use.....

I bought a can of Aikka Plastic Dip from an Aikka branch nearby my place. The shop owner and his staffs are very friendly and taught me many things.

I was told to use their Aikka Plastic Dip Primer with the colour Plastic Dip. 3 layers of Primer + 3 layers of Colour and it would look nice, durable, and also easy to peel. Without the primer, it is difficult to peel. I did not buy the primer as I would like to first compare apple to apple with Performix Plastidip.

1. One good thing about AIKKA PD is that they can do whatever colour. Notice the mark A08 BMW. I actually bought BMW Metallic Grey.
IMG_3191_zps7ef773e7.jpg

2. The spray nozzle can be adjusted to be horizontal or vertical, and spray pattern is better than Performix PD.
IMG_3199_zps4293eaaa.jpg

3.This is after 4 coats. Notice that the texture is smooth and nice. Not so rubbery unlike Performix PD
IMG_3208_zps789b80ed.jpg

4. I sprayed a few layers of normal paint on a panel and then top up with Aikka PD
IMG_3200_zps9c5dead1.jpg

IMG_3206_zps790935bb.jpg

It seems that the aikka pd doesnt stick well on very smooth paint without the primer.

5. Water and washing test. MF towel can be used to wash AIKKA PD.
IMG_3234_zpsc1d07b80.jpg

6. How water stays on AIKKA PD.
IMG_3235_zpsfe599e47.jpg

7. Scratches !!! Aikka PD is very soft. The scratches you can see here is from my fingernail, and i did not even press on it. To repair the scratches, AIKKA told me to just spray another thin layer on it.
IMG_3241_zps87dcb853.jpg

8. Peeling. Without the primer, it is DIFFICULT to peel! It does not stick together like Performix PD. Peel a little bit and it will snap. I gave up after peeling this much. I have not tried it with primer yet. But I believe it is a lot easier to peel off with primer as I'd seen somebody has done it in youtube.
Aikka Plastic Dip - YouTube
IMG_3240_zps38d767d7.jpg

Conclusion:

Advantage:
a. Available locally and easy to get.
b. Practically any colour you want, just like normal paint.
c. Nice spray nozzle
d. Very nice and smooth surface texture
e. Easy to clean

Disadvantage:
a. Have to use with primer, if not it is very very difficult to peel off.
b. Takes forever to dry. 1 coat need at least 30 minutes before you can touch. Yes, touch only.
c. Get scratched easily
d. Per coat is thinner than Performix. Probably because it is not that rubbery/plastic.

Will I recommend? Yes and no.
Yes = At least try it. They have more colours to choose and is easily available.
No = Do not use it on ur precious items before you know how it performs and behaves. This product is still new and I believe there will be refinement and improvement.

So is it true. (Yat chum chin, yat chum for) One sen worth, one sen product.....:bawling:
So cheap probably won't be good?

quick question..plastidip..can work on chrome ah? say i wanna spray chrome become matte black.

Thats what I do for all my tacky chrome parts dude...best yet, only clean area as prep. NO sanding

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

Refer first page

quick question..plastidip..can work on chrome ah? say i wanna spray chrome become matte black.

Both Performix and Aikka also can. Just make sure that its clean and free of wax/oil

With aikka, you'll need primer or you'll never get back your perfect chrome.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom