Ford Fiesta Face-Plants into Steel Ramp During 2012 Los Angeles X Games

Jay

Known Member
Mar 6, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

To cross or not to cross, that is the question, but whatever it is – to hesitate means opening-up a whole can of pain as well as mangled metal as Finnish rookie driver, Toomas Heikkinen found out as he attempted to jump a 50’ gap in his Ford Fiesta during the 2012 X Games in Los Angeles.

After Heikkinen’s Fiesta decided to give itself a rhinoplasty via the steel ramp, upon impact it flipped and landed upside-down as fluids leaked, eventually catching fire after he’d exited from the car.

While these cars are built with a lot of power infused within, it’s also built a little tougher than usual. However, although the miss-hap didn’t look that mangled, it was severe enough to provide Heikkinen with a parting gift of a broken ankle that’s coupled with minor abdominal pain.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/5_BQ_riCDJc?rel=0" frameborder="0" height="338" width="600"></iframe>

<iframe src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/Vcyi_7WMMr8?rel=0" frameborder="0" height="338" width="600"></iframe>

Attachments

seanlhs

From Facebook
Mar 25, 2012
www.facebook.com
Hope the driver survive protected by the solid roll cage and seat belt... god bless you man.... horrible crash impact indeed....... :afraid:

chezz_87

Known Member
Sep 25, 2006
The effect looks like bang your car directly to steel wall.:hmmmm2::stickyman::banghead:

Ah Li

From Facebook
Jul 27, 2011
www.facebook.com
the global rallycross is very fun to watch, car fly everywhere 600hp++, search for the last race in utube - Global Rallycross Championship 2012 texas, and watch those madness

those car was built like a tank, the driver sure will be fine, IF any fire be put down ASAP

BabyGodzillaGTi-R

Known Member
Nov 24, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
Poor guy.... That was one bloody scary shit... This is a solid head on crash with nothing to deform and lessen the impact.

It's pretty bad that he hurt his foot on impact and damaged his urethra coz of the seat belts....

Lucky he didnt get basilar head fracture for such a head on impact...

It's only a matter of time this will happen with all the stupid stunts with X game rallying.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

my car cannot start ohh. :( .but the main problem is i alredi check the battery n its ok bcoz my radio can play,my power windows can works and my lamp also can..why..why..why? anyone can give me solution?tq
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience