find your house from Google Earth Via Satelite for FREE

AE80TypeD

1,500 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Puchong
Visit site
wetwetwater said:
kinrara-ian ? LoL.. i'm a BK3-er ! mari TT al-ehsan BK3 !!
ahaks... i work there only, and not for long. my practical almost over. i live in Bukit Puchong. sorry but im not really familiar with BK3 :D Kinrara Curry House BK5 i know la :lol:

namzycad3,
u mean they HAVE updated the pics or have taken the latest pic and going to update soon? bcoz i have the program opened rite now and the place is still not updated. at least Kinrara area la :lol: i cant tell the difference of other areas. my area is REALLY backdated in the current available map :D

as far as i can see as of the moment of this reply posted, its really at least a few months old (talking about Malaysia area only)

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
AE80TypeD said:
ahaks... i work there only, and not for long. my practical almost over. i live in Bukit Puchong. sorry but im not really familiar with BK3 :D Kinrara Curry House BK5 i know la :lol:

namzycad3,
u mean they HAVE updated the pics or have taken the latest pic and going to update soon? bcoz i have the program opened rite now and the place is still not updated. at least Kinrara area la :lol: i cant tell the difference of other areas. my area is REALLY backdated in the current available map :D

as far as i can see as of the moment of this reply posted, its really at least a few months old (talking about Malaysia area only)
Bwahahaha...now I know where to get you...

AE80TypeD

1,500 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Puchong
Visit site
alamak! damn :lol: bluddy 'ell~ *cabuts!*

BTW, for the free version of Google Earth, let me clear something up for the few who might be confused.

the "streaming" that we see in this program doesnt mean that we are looking thru the eyes of the satellite in real time as it is orbitting the earth, NOR is it a periodically updated picture of the terrain as a satellite is passing any area. the program calls the particular terrain information of the area we currently have in the view screen and it is dictated by how much we are zooming in. the "streaming" that we see on the status bar means that the program is fetching the details of that particular area from a pre-programmed database. contrary to what some of u might believe, this free version does NOT stream directly from the satellite. it is just working with an online database of pre-collected information on known sites and particular major cities around the world. its actually a delayed/recorded transmission that we get on our screens.

i cant be sure, but i think some areas of the world get more attention than others. cities in the USA could be updated more frequently than other countries tho im in no position to affirm my thoughts, it is merely a guess. some areas dont even get the hi-res treatment (i found Makkah lacking in detail), perhaps from unauthorization (the Korean complain comes to mind) or mere ignorance.

my point is, dont be mislead by the term "Streaming" given by the program. Please note that im not saying its the same with the purchased version or Pro version. i dont know what extras they offer in the payed versions (other than advertised). just wanted to clear that little bit of info for the free version.

Happy Earth Googling! :D

Last edited:

AXXeLL

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Subang
Visit site
but i cant see subang jaya man !! it blurs off at 5000+ ft..... haihz damn sad...

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
how to operate this software? I enter Ipoh, Johor Bahru but can't get the result

AE80TypeD

1,500 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Puchong
Visit site
ahahaa.. would bombing this place make bush shed more crocodile tears and call for another country's invasion? :lol:

BlackSamurai,
if cant get result = blur, its normal. Google only cares for the Klang Valley in our backwater developing country :p most other countries oso u can see, they only have the detailed zooms for major cities. small towns they dont take so detailed, yet.. i hope :D

but i check here JB got a bit la.. all the way to singapore. singapore they show almost the whole country :mad: knn..

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
AE80TypeD said:
...singapore they show almost the whole country :mad: knn...
Of course, Singapore is about as big as a monkey's testicles, so no surprises there.

namzycad3

Known Member
Mar 27, 2004
Bandar Sunway
Visit site
AE80TypeD said:

namzycad3,

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/AE80TypeD/ZTHStuff/KinraraBK5.jpg

from what my relative told me ( i just came kl for about 1 year only, so they know lot more than me do ), most of the area is about a year or 2 old liao eh, u can see from the Sunway Toll there, the U turn infront the extreme park is not yet done, even the construction is not yet stared.

i think they just cinchai scan the not importat area for now, soon they will detialize scan i think.

namzycad3

Known Member
Mar 27, 2004
Bandar Sunway
Visit site
AE80TypeD said:
my point is, dont be mislead by the term "Streaming" given by the program. Please note that im not saying its the same with the purchased version or Pro version. i dont know what extras they offer in the payed versions (other than advertised). just wanted to clear that little bit of info for the free version.
and yeah, i just remember somthing, my frn also told me that in the Pro version ( paid version ), u can login into GRPS via Handphone or PDA Phone or something like that, and u can mark where are u, and its usefull if u want to trace back to place u went b4, and check via Google Earth

and wont get cheated by taxi with driving u around to get extra charges for the fare haha.