Before Changing Turbo Find Out Which Is The Best Turbo For Your Upgrade

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

4segiBiskut

Known Member
This is a table of turbocharger data that I have collected over the years. It will help guide you select a good turbo for your car. The best turbocharger upgrade for anyone who wants a powerful streetable car at a budget is to use a larger compressor wheel and hybrid with your existing turbo. That is basically what HKS does, as you can see from the table below. The best street combination is a large compressor wheel mated to a not so large turbine wheel/housing. This setup reduces turbo-lag yet have reasonably good high end power. I had a T67 bolted to my MITSUBISHI RVR (4G63 engine) rated at 350BHP @ 1.2bar (17.5psi). It had stock internals, injectors except for a thicker headgasket to slightly reduce compression and a reprogrammed chip. I get full boost at around 4,500 rpm and pulls all the way up. The RVR is a rather heavy SUV much like a Honda CRV. I had a Ferarri 360 Modena for lunch the other day!!! For example: A Stock T25 from a 200SX with a T-04S 48 trim hybid with the compressor housing machined to suit is a good choice for perhaps 17psi. When upgrading to a Garrett/HKS GT series ball bearing turbocharger you must insert an orifice in between the oil send hose to the turbocharger or you can ruin the seals of the cartridge. The HKS GT2540 turbocharger comes with an 0.8mm orifice. This GT2540 is a good example of a hybrid turbo. It is about the same size as a T3 with a 60 trim/housing but it's compressor wheel is that of a T-04S series.
<DIV align=center>
Complete Turbochargers<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 12.0pt">

Suggested post every 5mins

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom