(F.Y.I) ECU reset

Lumix

Known Member
May 17, 2004
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] It is recommended that the engine ECU is reset after any engine performance modifications have been made to the vehicle, including using a higher octane fuel, to accelerate the learning of any new parameters. Resetting the ECU will also clear any stored error codes, however if you have a fault with your vehicle it is advisable that these codes are retrieved rather than wiped as they may help in diagnosing the problem.
<o:p> </o:p>
  • Make sure the ignition is turned off
  • Remove the engine bay fuse box cover
  • Remove the 20Amp/25Amp EFI fuse
  • Remove the 15Amp ETCS fuse

<o:p></o:p>
<o:p>
</o:p>
  • Wait 30 seconds
  • Re-insert the two fuses
  • Install the fuse box cover
It is also possible to reset the engine ECU by removing the battery. but it will also reset any memory settings such as radio presets, trip mileage, clock etc..
[/FONT]

JayDM

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2006
KL
Another brilliant info from Lumix..

Just to add...the positions of the EFI and ETCS fuses are not necessarily in that position, to be more accurate, always refer to the chart on the bottom part of the console box..it varies with manufacturing dates i guess..

Lumix

Known Member
May 17, 2004
JayDM is right, please always refer to the chart on the console box.. :regular_smile:

JayDM

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2006
KL
Hi 3sge,

Yup, its done the same way for the auto

As far as i know ,reseting the ecu here means defaulting to stock ecu settings (as per manufacturer's specs) in case u do minor N.A. mods...

I'm not sure if resetting is done that way with piggy backs and standalones...

Anybody ?

Lumix

Known Member
May 17, 2004
I dont think it will reset the piggy back... not sure about the standalones

btw, how many of you keep a backup of your piggy back or your standalone datalog? just in case you lost the setting or it got reset back to default...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

anyone noe how to link our auto mirror to our alarm???when we arm our wheels alarm it will auto fold to close n when disarm the alarm it will reopen tat kind of DIY anyone???
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience