Car security - Altezza

coriolis

Known Member
Jul 9, 2008
Hey. I'm a longtime lurker here, and I've just bought my Altezza recently (collected yesterday to be exact).
This car only came with the basic central locking, so I might have set up some car security system. The problem is my budget isn't unlimited.. so I'm looking for the most essential 1st.

Any suggestions? I'm considering an alarm system + steering lock, but I dunno if Altezza is actually 'hot' enough to warrant GPS alarm/immobilizer/gadgets.

Thanks in advance.

p.s I know there's a specific thread for car security, but I wanna hear from you fellow Altezza owners. What do you guys put in your car?

TIE YOKE MING

Known Member
Jun 2, 2006
acc shop a lot option,hv try or ask,they may help u ,but be carefull bec some brand made in china,:biggrin:anywhere wellcome to altezza club

ryonan

Known Member
Aug 13, 2004
i have zero security on my car...no alarm..no GPS..nothing..
used to have steering lock and brake pedal lock...but nowadays lazy to put them on..
even park outside the house...oso dont use them...

i guess my moto is we can spend and spend on such system, but if it has been decreed that ur ride will be stolen, then it will surely happen..hehe..

with limited budget, i suggest you go for brake pedal lock. i reckon these are more difficult to break compared to others..

if more dough, go for GPS. anything else i think waste of $$$

i'm more worried about ppl breaking the window coz spare parts difficult to get or have to wait..

griffentai

Known Member
Mar 5, 2007
get a GPS if u wan to walk away from ur car without worry "shes" safe or not,for me i think its worth it,car get stolen or watever bad things happen depends on luck,many people never face it,but some really suay and happen on them,i tot i saw 1 member post tread his car got stolen,so....depend on urself :confused:

cash1212

Known Member
Nov 11, 2007
i have a 2 way security system for sale if you want...tht is still installed in my car...do let me know...i am willing to part with it if the price is right...do PM me for more details bro.....anyways welcome to the club....cheers!

coriolis

Known Member
Jul 9, 2008
Thanks for the replies guys.

i have a 2 way security system for sale if you want...tht is still installed in my car...do let me know...i am willing to part with it if the price is right...do PM me for more details bro.....anyways welcome to the club....cheers!
I'll think about it.. for the moment, I think I'm going with ryonan's suggestion and grab a brake pedal lock 1st. :biggrin:

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
Corolis,
Welcome and thanks for registering to the club.
I hope to see you on the 19th with your new ride...........

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
i think is better not to disclose too much of the security alarm installed at each car here... as who knows, there might be unwanted lurkers here that's finding for target.
best if coriolis can join the TT or those that wanted to advise str8 pm him.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi Newbie Here, to begin here a bit of my story..

My drive is VW Vento TSi, honestly after almost a year drive a VW, I slowly fall in love with it, for me personally it was a fun drive.. (as I travel daily from seremban to KL) a good torque & awesome handling.. not bad for a 1.2cc compact sedan.. I know there're alot of bad rumors about VW cars especially there DSG gearbox.. for now mine are in good condition.. travelling daily make me full utilizes of the gearbox by not just use the 'D'...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience