Experience on 3SGE Beams on AE111

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
actually i tested sifu Qiw car last time.....hahaha.....on highway they r much better than 4A....bigger cc higher torque.....its all about torque.....
yupz.. to win races u need lots of torque..

high hp ratings are for hiways..

:biggrin:

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
LOL! Hahahaha... Nice one...

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

d7zul,

O don't FF can drag the rear la... The rear is free rolling, thus it will follow. Unless one deliberately lock up the rear... Then that is different story :biggrin:. Because FF is safety biased.
yupz.. it's free rolling.. only to the front or back..

if 'slightly' sideways?.. :biggrin:

tom's

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
subang
www.zerotohundred.com
I hav Mines ecu for 3sge beams vvti from 5th gen mr2 for sale......RM1500 with exchange with original ecu......

hifonic

Feb 4, 2011
Philippines
Sir kindly suggest advice a good spring rate or suspension for ae101 w beams redtop manual w lsd?
I felt heavier understeer because m using H&R Lowering spring with KYB ULTRA SR
always bottom in uneven road and pass to hump.

Give me a good set upp for suspension

Put some bricks in the boot mar...

Seriously, I don't think the AE101 body weight is that much different from the ST150 Corona's. Like I said before, the alleged front heavy issue, to me, it's a matter of suspension setting. If you're still using the same spring rate as the lighter 4AGE, then it will not be able to support the additional weight properly causing the understeer & lightness feeling in the rear symptom.

If any of you are still having a Beams in the AE101 body & complaining of the understeer problem, I recommend that you review your suspension setup; especially the spring rate.

I'm just sharing my daily experience of living with my Beams & my BT.:driver:

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006
Sir kindly suggest advice a good spring rate or suspension for ae101 w beams redtop manual w lsd?
I felt heavier understeer because m using H&R Lowering spring with KYB ULTRA SR
always bottom in uneven road and pass to hump.

Give me a good set upp for suspension
Hi Hifonic,

I suggest that you use adjustable suspension for for your car if you find that the present lowering springs can't support the weight.

Maybe you can start with 10-12k for the front & 6k for the rear. It's a trial & error process as different people has different standards/definition of what's hard or soft.

mh wong

500 RPM
Feb 14, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
hi hifonic,
y not try TITAN in pandan mewah, drive ur car there, ask uncle richard to custom made for u, i thk he can do it perfectly. not refurbish n old, all brand new components, even he can make te absorber infront of ur eye. im using titan right now, for me i thk its like "where's comfort meet performance". ofcoz, uneed to sacrified a little bit bout comfort. even subaru 500hp fr. singapore also made his absorber there, this old man 62yrs old use ohlin bfo, buang after pursued by fren try on this TITAN, i saw this car just last two week.....u can call his h/p# 013-350 6561....

bared in mind, bro, i dun hav any commission 1......:wavey:

virqai

Known Member
Dec 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Sifoo Alan has spoken...:driver:

I've driven a stock 3SGTE on stock AE111...
driving pleasure wasn't so nice compared to stock AE110 with stock 20V...
although the power is more then enough for me...still, not so nice...the car back end felt so light...

I don't about you guys...

but still power is nothing without "kontol" ehhhh...control...hahahahaha
ha..ha..ha its true..:rofl:

hifonic

Feb 4, 2011
Philippines
oo
Thanks Sir prefer BC coilover is it goodfor daily spirited driving? give me feedback and also my bottom always on transmission side , I try to find stiffer spring like Trd, tanabe sustec. but im not sure if can holdthe weight of beams?
[/B]UOTE=2 Old 2 Rusty;1064129334]Hi Hifonic,

I suggest that you use adjustable suspension for for your car if you find that the present lowering springs can't support the weight.

Maybe you can start with 10-12k for the front & 6k for the rear. It's a trial & error process as different people has different standards/definition of what's hard or soft.[/QUOTE]

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Since we are at the topic of GT-R's, check out this 90's cheesy fun video, created Initial D style, ported in real life dramatic driving. 2 cars set to battle each other in an older Datsun Skyline GT-R KPGC10 and a newer Nissan Skyline GT-R R32. As they drive comically up and down the mountains, they do the amazing J turn around the cone as like Initial D races (in a funny way) and they got lucky and managed to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience