Anyone experience the 76 Super 10-40 before?

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
Hi all folk,
Did anyone here used this (76 Super 10-40) oil before? Any comment?
I know it is Mineral oil, but please don't compare with the Semi Syntex oil please. Just compare among the same class pls...

Anyway, I saw it was made in USA, and price are cheap too... After 1st try, found out the oil temperature lower than the Toyota Oil or even the Bardarl oil too...

futeball

Known Member
Jun 2, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.4aeoc.org
What engine?

banzai

1,000 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
KL \ Ipoh
Visit site
lower oil temp? interesting. care to explain more? I've used numerous brands of engine oil and hardly experienced lower temp. only diff i feel is the smoothness of the engines, and how long it can last before i can feel the sluggishness. every month i whacked up to genting and occasionally in SIC. would like to find out if there's a brand that can withstand the heat better.

futeball

Known Member
Jun 2, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.4aeoc.org
i thought saw his nick online just now.
where did thread owner go? just a simple question, what engine?
meaning that, please be more specific with ur question. coz different engine, different outcome/result. also the healthiness of the engine must take into consideration.

newbie like me keen to know more from your TRD.AE92. care to share & elaborate more. tq.

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
i thought saw his nick online just now.
where did thread owner go? just a simple question, what engine?
meaning that, please be more specific with ur question. coz different engine, different outcome/result. also the healthiness of the engine must take into consideration.

newbie like me keen to know more from your TRD.AE92. care to share & elaborate more. tq.
Sorry... After I post the topic... I was away the com already.
This i used for my mum car with 4AF engine.

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

lower oil temp? interesting. care to explain more? I've used numerous brands of engine oil and hardly experienced lower temp. only diff i feel is the smoothness of the engines, and how long it can last before i can feel the sluggishness. every month i whacked up to genting and occasionally in SIC. would like to find out if there's a brand that can withstand the heat better.
Sorry for make you blur...

I test with run for testing for 5 min then see the oil temp, oil press and record it.
Ok here my amateur research result:

1. Toyota Oil 10-40:
When start: 3.6kg/cm3
5 min later: 3.3kg/cm3

Oil temp: 82-90 Celsius

2. Bardarl Oil 10-40:
When start: 4.0kg/cm3
5 min later: 3.5kg/cm3

Oil temp: 80-85 Celsius

3. 76 Super Oil 10-40:
When start: 3.9kg/cm3
5 min later: 3.7kg/cm3

Oil temp: 78 - 83 Celsius

netmatrix

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
P Jaya:Malaysia
kh_tan.tripod.com
1. Toyota Oil 10-40:
When start: 3.6kg/cm3 <--- light
5 min later: 3.3kg/cm3 <--- heavy flow difference 0.3

Oil temp: 82-90 Celsius

2. Bardarl Oil 10-40:
When start: 4.0kg/cm3 <---- light
5 min later: 3.5kg/cm3 <--- heavy flow difference 0.5

Oil temp: 80-85 Celsius

3. 76 Super Oil 10-40:
When start: 3.9kg/cm3 <--- light
5 min later: 3.7kg/cm3 <--- heavy flow difference 0.2

Oil temp: 78 - 83 Celsius

Explains a lot about the temp going lower. This oil starts to work very early. And flow loss is very little. I think there are some friction modifiers at work here.

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
Explains a lot about the temp going lower. This oil starts to work very early. And flow loss is very little. I think there are some friction modifiers at work here.
Mind to tell me what the means of "some friction modifiers at work"? Ermm... You mean there are addictive something inside the oil?

netmatrix

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
kh_tan.tripod.com
What engine oil doesn't have additives inside? hahaha. Whats more interesting is what engine oil can carry heat more efficiently? Most just say reduce friction to reduce heat. At first thought the lightest 0-5 would be like water to carry heat away. But then again the film is so thin it would be ridiculous not to expect less friction than a 20-50 ones.

In your own meter readings, i suspect the oil doesn't change in its behaviour much. Which explains the low temperature. But then again if you did change to all the oils in one go, you could have cleaned the engine. Hence lower temperatures. But if you change to schedule, then sometime in between the schedules some upgrades and repairs might have cause the temp to be lower.

I do not think there is big magic in engine oil. I do not think looking at oil brands is a good idea to compare just brands alone. Since you have a gauge to look at and you did record the working temps, it is best you include the outside air temp, radiator water change, and air filter service schedule inside to be more accurate.

futeball

Known Member
Jun 2, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.4aeoc.org
Good explanation netmatrix. Now, it clear my head. I'm not good in technical aspect. :top:

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
What engine oil doesn't have additives inside? hahaha. Whats more interesting is what engine oil can carry heat more efficiently? Most just say reduce friction to reduce heat. At first thought the lightest 0-5 would be like water to carry heat away. But then again the film is so thin it would be ridiculous not to expect less friction than a 20-50 ones.

In your own meter readings, i suspect the oil doesn't change in its behaviour much. Which explains the low temperature. But then again if you did change to all the oils in one go, you could have cleaned the engine. Hence lower temperatures. But if you change to schedule, then sometime in between the schedules some upgrades and repairs might have cause the temp to be lower.

I do not think there is big magic in engine oil. I do not think looking at oil brands is a good idea to compare just brands alone. Since you have a gauge to look at and you did record the working temps, it is best you include the outside air temp, radiator water change, and air filter service schedule inside to be more accurate.

Maybe you are right... but different brand offer different quality and the different performance too...

futeball

Known Member
Jun 2, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.4aeoc.org
maybe within the same type of oil, there'll be slight diff...like mineral based type.
but if comparing between semi-syn to mineral is not fair.

my 2 cent.

netmatrix

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
kh_tan.tripod.com
Of course it easier to identify brand rather than tech specs. But if there are such data on which oil is good ate specific places after some test then we could easily point at brands. Because everyone can easily be swayed by marketing and easily put off by geeky science.:wavey: