.: Exhaust Modification Corner :.

Jan 3, 2010
kuching
Hi, need advice from sifus.
Driving 1.3blm, manual.
Just change my header, 4-2-1 type, midbox and muffler still stock.
Which one is the recommended setup?
1. change midbox and muffler and add bullet.
2. replace midbox with bullet, and change muffler.

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
Why do i get the feeling that leaving the rear muffler stock will always give you the umphh for town use and short sprint especially for auto N/A vehicle? Correct me if I'm wrong..

aidilaidilaidil

Known Member
Sep 7, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Why do i get the feeling that leaving the rear muffler stock will always give you the umphh for town use and short sprint especially for auto N/A vehicle? Correct me if I'm wrong..
becoz stock muffler is s-flow. so there are more backpressure compare to a straight flow muffler. good backpressure give you good pickup.

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
But its quite different from what the exhaust expert says that backpressure is no good at all..
I am getting bit confused here. Anybody can enlighten me on this ?

Thanks.

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
hii all.. i m newbie here...... i have question about piping for my mivec.... since my mivec is turbocharged....... i hav do the piping 2.5' direct + hks drager muffler..will it consume more fuel (because heard from fren piping effect fc), and will it be very loud like gangster or ah beng car?

damone

500 RPM
Oct 7, 2008
Backpressure is not something you want. What you want is smaller pipes for higher velocity of the exhaust gas.

The notion of backpressure is good is wrong, as it is the gas velocity that plays a part in scavenging the exhaust gas pulses out.

Usually smaller diameter pipes will have higher velocity.

contreasjun27

9,000 RPM
Oct 21, 2004
subang
Visit site
hii all.. i m newbie here...... i have question about piping for my mivec.... since my mivec is turbocharged....... i hav do the piping 2.5' direct + hks drager muffler..will it consume more fuel (because heard from fren piping effect fc), and will it be very loud like gangster or ah beng car?
proper setup wont really affect your fuel consumption bro

aidilaidilaidil

Known Member
Sep 7, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
No issue. If all remained stock and just change rear muffler to what you've mentioned, power wise, you get better power at higher end especially you go for full pedal, but that depends on your cat con also. If cat con clog, you get bad FC. Pick up wise, you will feel it decreases. Workmanship wise, no issue on that but i need to know the size of the muffler. Worried the body too big.
Went to one of kweng's branch at puchong last week to install my exhaust. the workmanship is excellent. highly recommended. TQ.

Last edited:

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
tq.... actually i plain to do piping 2" only.. any comment? heard from ppl turbo car cant do too small piping... air might stuck at engine and coz engine no power... 1 shitting mech told me at least 2.5"

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
and also... turbocar can put in mid muffler? any effect? plan to reduce sound if too loud

3zz

Known Member
Jan 18, 2009
im trying finding a muffler from halfcut shop
normally how we determine the muffler still good??
i know we should see whter the size ngam wif piping or not,then have dent or x.
but how to know whether the fibre or sum say carbon inside the muffler still good?

my current muffler the fibre finish i think cos after 3000rpm the sound like tin ksng.XD

Nally

Aug 31, 2007
hi bro, I'm using 4g63t with an automatic transmission.what type of exhaust u suggest?

Nally

Aug 31, 2007
hi bro kweng, I'm using 4g63t with an automatic transmission.any suggestion what type of exhaust should i use to increase speed?

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

JPJ To Go After Illegally Modified Kancil And Satria

KUALA LUMPUR, Jan 19 (Bernama) -- The Road Transport Department (JPJ) will go after Kancil and Satria which have been illegally modified, said its director-general Datuk Emran Kadir.

He said JPJ would also take action against owners of motorcycles and other vehicles with similar modifications, which are against the Road Transport Act 1987.

A studied carried out by JPJ showed that vehicles like Kancil and Satria had been...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience