.: Exhaust Modification Corner :.

senbe84

Known Member
Apr 25, 2008
hi guys,im a gen2 cps user n done whole exhaust setup for my cps however i am not satisfied with the setup as it burn a lot of petrol...geez hate it so much.so,here is the story....for my stock standard setup up i manage to clock 400km++ with rm50 petrol filled in.current setup i only manage to clock 300km(max) with rm50 petrol.

changed to 4-2-1 wegow extractor
piping reduced from 2.2" original spec to 2.0" for the whole route
a long custom middle bullet (3 feet long)
everco s-flow muffler

actually this setup is for campro non cps and some campro user which participate in local drag racing uses this setup n proven reliable for their campro.but i dont think it is the best for cps.In term of pick up,it is the best but FC n top speed i think not dat good..with stock standard top speed i can achieve 210kmh but with this setup only 190kmh n it takes longer time.geez!!

custom mid bullet: it is originally a short bullet which being cut in the middle n joint back with a steel tube to make it longer.in other words,the middle part would be empty case n at the end it got fibre..
a lot of my fren with normal campro using this setup n to them there is no issue with FC or top speed.but when im using it,problem problem problem only...

help me guys..thanks!

Ratbit

Known Member
Feb 23, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I have change the extractor for my campro engine just before CNY 2010, at first i intended to change to 4-2-1
..but after finding out the "O2 sensor"(lambda sensor) for 4-2-1 extractor is located within only one of the hose outlet of the extractor,
i opted to use back the "original campro extractor" which the sensor located at the end of the 4 outlet hose...after some discussion with the sifu mechanic..he explain that the O2 sensor actually important and it send signal to the car cpu of how well the combustion of fuel and air mixture in the engine, thus they help determine, in real time, if the air fuel ratio of a combustion engine is rich or lean , and manage the ratio of air and fuel being injected.. tempering and modifying the O2 signal that the oxygen sensor sends to the engine computer can be detrimental to emissions control and can even damage the vehicle.
So after the explanation i used back the original campro extractor,
after that the sifu remove the blocked CATCON and replace it with something like a large oval shape cylindrical connector,
inside the connector have some swirling line markings,which the sifu said is to enhance the air flow, after that,
the sifu change all my piping from 1.8 inch to 2 inch, i ask for larger piping but the sifu said cannot because of my campro engine capacity..
afterwards he install a long center bullet with internal tornado / swirling lines..which he claims can enhance power !?
after that he ask me to choose "S" muffler with double exhaust pipe...
that is how my 4-1 exhaust system for campro is being born..
..after the installation immediately i can feel the acceleration become much smoother and faster to reach 100km..and the car feel lighter.
At balik kampung time to penang for the first time my car can reach top speed like never before..!..what an adrenalin rush !"my wife sit beside me "bising" and said i wanna "tapau / bungkus" ....
the fuel consumptions so far seems to be normal,for daily city driving,
so far, i'm satisfied with the 4-1 exhaust modification.
...anyway sorry for the "cheong hei" panjang explaination..just wanna share my experience with u all..

senbe84

Known Member
Apr 25, 2008
with aftermarket extractor,u can ask the mechanic to relocate the O2 sensor at the joint where 4 the pipe connected to be 1 pipe so dat u can get better reading.

xbalance2002

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
what is the most ideal size for 4-2-1 header setup?

Example size for 4-2 & 2-1 tube size and best length to built?

for the 4-2-1 final 1 out if use 2" tube will it be too big for our little 1.5 to push?

yous

Feb 22, 2010
-
hi guys,im a gen2 cps user n done whole exhaust setup for my cps however i am not satisfied with the setup as it burn a lot of petrol...geez hate it so much.so,here is the story....for my stock standard setup up i manage to clock 400km++ with rm50 petrol filled in.current setup i only manage to clock 300km(max) with rm50 petrol.

changed to 4-2-1 wegow extractor
piping reduced from 2.2" original spec to 2.0" for the whole route
a long custom middle bullet (3 feet long)
everco s-flow muffler

actually this setup is for campro non cps and some campro user which participate in local drag racing uses this setup n proven reliable for their campro.but i dont think it is the best for cps.In term of pick up,it is the best but FC n top speed i think not dat good..with stock standard top speed i can achieve 210kmh but with this setup only 190kmh n it takes longer time.geez!!

custom mid bullet: it is originally a short bullet which being cut in the middle n joint back with a steel tube to make it longer.in other words,the middle part would be empty case n at the end it got fibre..
a lot of my fren with normal campro using this setup n to them there is no issue with FC or top speed.but when im using it,problem problem problem only...

help me guys..thanks!
my suggestion do the PDT(ECU re-flash) test 1st.....

---------- Post added at 03:32 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

hi guys.......any sifu can suggest to me wut the best setup for my persona-Manual Trans.?

4-2-1 ext., 3 ft long bullet midbox n s-flow muffler........any comment this setup?how about sound n perfomance?
any comment sifu2?

senbe84

Known Member
Apr 25, 2008
what is PDT?can u explain in more detail about it?
and where can i get those services?

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

hi guys.......any sifu can suggest to me wut the best setup for my persona-Manual Trans.?

4-2-1 ext., 3 ft long bullet midbox n s-flow muffler........any comment this setup?how about sound n perfomance?
bro,currently im using this setup for my gen2 cps but the only difference is in term of piping size n the extractor design.For me,the pick up is better n sound bassier than standard but for cps i donno why it churn petrol so much.I got dozens of fren using this setup on their gen2 non cps n there is no problem at all.Im the 1st case,jeez hate to be the 1st in cases like this.

CCthat

Mar 31, 2008
hi guys.......any sifu can suggest to me wut the best setup for hilux manual?

Ratbit

Known Member
Feb 23, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
today i went to genting with my campro 4-1 exhaust setting...really have improvement in term of engine power, although there is 4 gorilla size adult in the car, the car seems coping very well when climbing hills, and best of all it don't feel drag anymore and much more responsive when shifting gears..

yous

Feb 22, 2010
-
what is PDT?can u explain in more detail about it?
and where can i get those services?

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

PDT=Proton diagnostic tool (to re-tune a/f ratio on ur ECU)

u can do the PDT test at proton service centre or perfomance/tuning shop....

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

bro,currently im using this setup for my gen2 cps but the only difference is in term of piping size n the extractor design.For me,the pick up is better n sound bassier than standard but for cps i donno why it churn petrol so much.I got dozens of fren using this setup on their gen2 non cps n there is no problem at all.Im the 1st case,jeez hate to be the 1st in cases like this.
ok....thanks bro 4 the info...

neohadri

Known Member
Jul 5, 2008
PDT=Proton diagnostic tool (to re-tune a/f ratio on ur ECU)

u can do the PDT test at proton service centre or perfomance/tuning shop....

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

i tot PDT is just a monitoring device only..didn't know that it can be use to re tune a/f ratio on campro cleaver ecu,yous.... are you sure about this:confused:

joe2d

Feb 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
guys want to know what make a superbike Exhaust sound so deep?
Superbike exhaust have very little sound dampening material, especially those after market 1. Those after market muffler is only a straight pipe with some fiberglass mat on the sidewall. It also have something to do with their engine design. Since superbike are alot lighter than cars, it doens't need alot of torque so the engine is designed to focus on max hp. Most superbike engine are 'oversquared' design, it means it has a bore as large or larger than the stroke. With an oversquared design higher rev are achieved so more hp can be produced. But with such a short stroke engine, the time of the piston completing a revolution is very short. So short in fact that the sound wave they produce are overlapping each other, creating a sound wave resonance thus making a deep exhaust sound.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Sifu x 2,

I am facing problem either one of the above problem (difficult to engage gear); manual. If need to change, contemplating change to stock/ performance,

Any recommended brand & est. cost.?
what would be the advantage / disadvantages?

stock clutch plate - approx. $500 (labour + parts)
gear box - ??

thank you for feedback.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience