.: Exhaust Modification Corner :.

icyd

Feb 20, 2006
hello kweng, my setup for my 1.6 mazda lantis manual is currently hotbits 421,hotbits flat midbox,sflow muffler,using 1.85" piping.previously i was using midbox that had scales like protrusions arranged in spiral inside the inner tube, with steelmesh fiber now changed to straight type hotbits.

the weird thing after changing the midbox is during my journey up to kedah,i used trunk road through kuala selangor until ipoh,did a lot of overtaking yet the fc is blardy good,like needle wont come down.on the way back,i took highway all the way but fc becomes bad.hard to maintain at 140

before this,the spiral midbox gave some restricted feeling,hard to accelerate from 90-120 but stable at 140 with normal fc if i stick at that speed.now it accelerates faster but high fc at such speed and engine sounds like working hard.

need your input on this matter,other exhaust sifoo can comment too

doggybone

Jul 30, 2008
I just changed my 4-2-1 extractor and i hear a steely kinda sound when i accelerate...like masuk angin...but after checking the guy said it's like that because the air flow is more kau....anything i can do?? Please help! TQTQ

horned_ripper

Known Member
Dec 6, 2007
Subang
just some questions
1. will small pipe diameter increase the RPM of the car?
2. whats the best and cost saving setup for 4age (silvertop) engine?

kweng84

2,000 RPM
Dec 22, 2005
PUCHONG
www.zerotohundred.com
just some questions
1. will small pipe diameter increase the RPM of the car?
2. whats the best and cost saving setup for 4age (silvertop) engine?
1. No.
2. Cost saving setup? Whats your budget? My advice, just don't go for stainless steel. Galvanized steel should cut the cost and the more you cut the cost, the poorer quality stuff u get and u might end up spending more.

My 2 cents.

-Weng-

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

I just changed my 4-2-1 extractor and i hear a steely kinda sound when i accelerate...like masuk angin...but after checking the guy said it's like that because the air flow is more kau....anything i can do?? Please help! TQTQ
Hi bro, it sounded like it is a pinging sound in the car. Did u just change the extractor only? What ride? Some ride come with empty center box (no fiber at all). Please provide more detail :)

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

Hi bro, it sounded like it is a pinging sound in the car. Did u just change the extractor only? What ride? Some ride come with empty center box (no fiber at all). Please provide more detail :)

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

Yo,bro kweng84..you have answered all my question n appreciate it so much..one thing i'm not so understand what do u mean by "we usually practise filtering the center box to accomodate full throttle power".filtering with what bro?sorry rof the noob question:banghead:
Very sorry guys for the late reply, been extremely busy setting up my new pillar of business :)

So, basically what i've meant is to retain the pressure to what we call it delta pressure. With the good pressure, the exhaust pulses are pull even nearer when you go for full throttlling where power delivery is at the OPTIMUM side. Vice versa, if the exhaust pulses are loosing where u get backpressuring effect, then power delivery is being delayed and hence, u suffered from power loss. Hope my 2 cents help you :)

hello kweng, my setup for my 1.6 mazda lantis manual is currently hotbits 421,hotbits flat midbox,sflow muffler,using 1.85" piping.previously i was using midbox that had scales like protrusions arranged in spiral inside the inner tube, with steelmesh fiber now changed to straight type hotbits.

the weird thing after changing the midbox is during my journey up to kedah,i used trunk road through kuala selangor until ipoh,did a lot of overtaking yet the fc is blardy good,like needle wont come down.on the way back,i took highway all the way but fc becomes bad.hard to maintain at 140

before this,the spiral midbox gave some restricted feeling,hard to accelerate from 90-120 but stable at 140 with normal fc if i stick at that speed.now it accelerates faster but high fc at such speed and engine sounds like working hard.

need your input on this matter,other exhaust sifoo can comment too
Hi bro, it looks positive to me that you've changed straight flow midbox because it gives better flow and improves pick up. However, i spot something wrong is your s-flow muffler because SFLOW muffler has a few designs and some sflow doesnt have enuff blockage inside. Well, how do we know how much blockages inside? Is that what you're thinking? I usually knock on it and imagine ..haha.. for mufflers which aren't mine. As for mine, i operate them like post motem :P

For direct improvement on FC,

1st: You can use 1.7" piping (inlet around 1.65")..condition: dont use swirling bullet, keep your current muffler.

2nd: You can change your s-flow muffler to a more blockages (preferbly following Japan design with 3 tubes..i have it :) )

My 2 cents :)

infinity.melvin

SlowPoke
Jul 4, 2006
kuala lumpur
hey bro weng, wanna ask wats good setup for viva elite 1.0 auto? preferable slightly improve in performance wise, not too loud n a nice dual tip exhaust for VIP style.

thanks in advance

kweng84

2,000 RPM
Dec 22, 2005
PUCHONG
www.zerotohundred.com
hey bro weng, wanna ask wats good setup for viva elite 1.0 auto? preferable slightly improve in performance wise, not too loud n a nice dual tip exhaust for VIP style.

thanks in advance
Hi bro, slightly performance improvement? I would suggest two things. Change to a steel fibered center box and change the rear muffler to a S-Flow muffler with one dummy tip at the other side. If dun like one being brown and another is hot new, i suggest both dummies :D You can pm me if you're interested with my suggestion, thanks.

Ray0611

Jun 4, 2007
Hi weng im driving a lancer new face lift year09 what u suggest for?u can pm me aslo thank q.

wongsengming

Known Member
Oct 3, 2006
bro kweng, currently i have a 4G93TGSR, using 2.5" piping without bullet and midbox, with stock dual tips muffler. usually city driving. i concern about FC and sound (the more quiet the better)
ur advice is much appreciated. tq

chkh

Known Member
Jan 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hey everyone,

Recently i just changed my satria gti exhaust to a full 2" with a new midbox and back tabung just like the ori gti, so means i still have a twin exhaust after the back tabung..i didnt change the extractor..i've only changed a k&n open pod air intake and left the engine stock.
when i'm revving to around 7k rpm for each gear from standstill, gear 1 and 2 no prob(infact very nice,lolz!), upshift to gear 3only, habis la, no acceleration la, pretty dull as compared to b4 the exhaust modification was done.
my exhaust is full mandrell bent and it isn't some flimsy metal pipes welded together, not boasting but just wanna ensure u that i take my car's performance very seriously(to the extend that i've started servicing my own car eversince i've done a full engine rebuild..hehe).
so where is the problem people? and i'm planning on putting new high cams with piggyback..hmm..maybe even a 50hp shot of nos?lol! so can the sifu-sifu sekalian pls show me the path to take. :)
currently i'm thinking of maintaining the 2" pipes and midbox but plug out the whole tabung at the back and just fit a bullet and a secondhand hks super dragger?is it too much? louder than current set up? plus, is my ori gti extractor a 4-1? :)

thx all in advance! looking forward to everyone's advise :D

---------- Post added at 01:22 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:12 AM ----------

wongsengming bro, you just did a transplant?gsr 1.8? *drool* how's the turbo man?!lolz!is the engine running good straight from the hafkat u got? if you dont mind sharing, how much u bought it for eh? :D

wongsengming

Known Member
Oct 3, 2006
bro chkh, i did it 3 yrs ago, everything running smooth, the only thing is the tappet sound :/ price is around 6k+.

mydaus

Oct 5, 2008
BUMP!!!

Good info after reading this thread.. Maybe will do little bit mod to my current exhaust setup..

My Ride: Satria Neo 1.6(M)
Current Setup:
* HotBits 4-2-1 Extractor (bought it bcoz the long secondary compare to PZ)
* 2" Midbox
* Straight Flow Muffler (BIG)
* Still using stock piping.

Sound, kinda bassy.
Result: Improve at low rev specially @ mid rev.

chocolatesttarfish

500 RPM
May 13, 2007
PJ/BTU
hi bro, thanks for sharing ur mods..

i just wanna know when u mentioned urs still with stock piping..u mean downpipe? u only changed ur extractor+muffler right..what's ur stock piping diameter then?

and the bassy kinda sound is it from ur new exhaust+extractor mods or u just tuned ur timing at lower rpm?

appreciate the sharing..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

:adore: My car got problem..
the power window and air cond cant function..:confused:
but my car can start the engine hav no prob ( satria 1.3 )
any idea?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience