.: Exhaust Modification Corner :.

3zz

Known Member
Jan 18, 2009
im trying finding a muffler from halfcut shop
normally how we determine the muffler still good??
i know we should see whter the size ngam wif piping or not,then have dent or x.
but how to know whether the fibre or sum say carbon inside the muffler still good?

my current muffler the fibre finish i think cos after 3000rpm the sound like tin ksng.XD
bump
anybody???
how to know the muffler still good or x?

paca261187

Mar 19, 2009
bro, need advice for extractor saga blm.. which better??
n how much it cost + installation?

Waan

Known Member
Apr 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Bro,

I'm facing a no mood exhaust problem now. I bought a 2nd hand putra. stainless steel extractor, stock piping and a FGK motorsport exhaust. i'm not very pro at that. but the exhaust is very noisy. So i thought of using a quiter but one like the Audi TT quatro one... low and nice to the ear. So i change to a "almost" stock one. then i tested just now. Pick up all gone, no sound at all, and too smooth during pick up. da exhaust guy say got "mei lik" but how can i know whether it has? I really need help man.

James.

kweng84

2,000 RPM
Dec 22, 2005
PUCHONG
www.zerotohundred.com
Bro,

I'm facing a no mood exhaust problem now. I bought a 2nd hand putra. stainless steel extractor, stock piping and a FGK motorsport exhaust. i'm not very pro at that. but the exhaust is very noisy. So i thought of using a quiter but one like the Audi TT quatro one... low and nice to the ear. So i change to a "almost" stock one. then i tested just now. Pick up all gone, no sound at all, and too smooth during pick up. da exhaust guy say got "mei lik" but how can i know whether it has? I really need help man.

James.
James, quiet means high backpressuring effect and thus, kills your pick up. Comparing with your old setup, you're using straight flow setup and it gives a very powerful dragging power from low to high (estimated your piping size isn't bigger than 2"). Well, that guy said "mei lik" basically you need to tarik until 4krpm-7krpm before shifting to the next gear. Try out first. Btw, when you say change almost all to stock one, you mean even u put back the ori midbox and ori muffler?

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

bump
anybody???
how to know the muffler still good or x?
Bro, if you mean still usable or not, then first install and listen to the sound ..why? it is becoz u need to know whether the inner pipes in the muffler's chamber could stand vibrations/resonance of the exhaust flow/sound. It has to be tested within the car (you can't test this by shaking or knocking the muffler. If the sound is solid and sound dampening still good, means it is still good..else, u can do refibering or buang :P

My 2 cents.

kayour

Known Member
Apr 5, 2006
hi all
anybody heard about 'anti-reversion chambers header' ??
anybody try it??...comment pls:burnout:
is there localy made??:love:

Jun 9, 2010
n.s
mivec ck bro kweng.. 2.3" setup.. with centre bullet.. and trompet muffler..
your oppinion??? any backpressure ???

KHAN

Apr 13, 2004
hi Sifu,

recently i removed my cat con, changed my center bullet and a new stright flow muffler. All going good, only one single thing that annoy me. Everytime i rev high and change gear, i can hear a loud 'Pop' sound from the exhaust. I know it sound garang but just worry it might have some side effect to my gearbox or engine. :hmmmm: Any idea?

Regards,
Khan

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
hi Sifu,

recently i removed my cat con, changed my center bullet and a new stright flow muffler. All going good, only one single thing that annoy me. Everytime i rev high and change gear, i can hear a loud 'Pop' sound from the exhaust. I know it sound garang but just worry it might have some side effect to my gearbox or engine. :hmmmm: Any idea?

Regards,
Khan
Its just the exhaust dont worry... it wont harm your engine. How did you get to gearbox anyway? :hmmmm:

Jun 7, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hey guys i m having some problems over here, im currently driving a SV4(manual) stock exhaust
thinking of instlling a twin loop exhaust or mugen exhaust system, which 1 is better for my car?

VF10

Known Member
Apr 28, 2006
selangor
bro Nally, have u found a good setup for your auto tranny 4g63T ? if yes, could u pls share it with me? i'm driving 4g63T with auto tranny too...

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
i using 4g92 turbo with 2.5" piping and hks super dragger too.... sound low at low rpm.. bt when rev high... hehe.... roar like hell.. :burnout:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

For anyone embarking on a budget sim rig journey considering using a cheap / spare TV instead of computer monitor, this is what I gathered from my recent sim racing experience, comparing my existing 55″ 1080 TV setup to a computer monitor.

While the expansive TV screen offered immersive visuals, the computer monitor brought forth a sharper focus on details and a faster response...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience