Evo7,8 Japan and Evo7,8 USA???

4G633

Known Member
Sep 9, 2009
Brunei
Hi guys......

Is japan spec evo and us spec evo same???
are they using same oil???
can USa oil like REDLINE use in japan spec EVO???

example:
REDLINE MTL+MT9O use in EVO7,8 japan spec gearbox???
REDLINE 75w90 GL5 use in Transfer case and Rear diff japan spec???
My point is can REDLINE oil from US use in EVO(ct9a) JDM Spec????????????????????????????
pls share wit me.............

Last edited:

BEan

Known Member
Oct 12, 2004
Klang
www.devoteesofcharade.com
jdm and usdm evo's are different.but that doesn't mean the lubricants produced in US differ from lubricants produced from other countries.where the lubricant is produced doesn't matter.what matters is if the lubricants is of the same specs specified by the manufacturers.

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
I think most of us who are miskin2 like me use Redline gearbox oils...except for the rear AYC.

4G633

Known Member
Sep 9, 2009
Brunei
I think most of us who are miskin2 like me use Redline gearbox oils...except for the rear AYC.
aja ur using REDLINE for ur gearbox?? wats the grade?? can share??

how about ur Transfer case and Rear diff???

BEan

Known Member
Oct 12, 2004
Klang
www.devoteesofcharade.com
ayc no alternative.must use diaqueen.but ayc not that expensive.its the gearbox n transfer that are expensive.about 5 litre.that's why i only use penzoil for my e8.tried motul but after that cant tahan la.i change my fluid every 30000km.

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
AYC i dont dare try other brand.....mitsu diaqueen.
other i used motul & torco.

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
aja ur using REDLINE for ur gearbox?? wats the grade?? can share??

how about ur Transfer case and Rear diff???
Cannot recalled the grading no. In fact, my gear oil due for change already. Maybe later within 1-2 weeks I'll update or other kawan2 can update for you here.

BTW, I've tried Motul before. Car seemed heavy a bit. Late change back to Redline.

fc3snyc

Sep 26, 2009
NYC
yeah, I don't think there are any differences between JDM / USDM spec vehicle in term of fluid usage. We have done swap on many different JSpec car into US Spec chassis here and we use fluid local to us.

Checkout Eneos if available in Malaysia, Mobile 1 and Motul are some that are popular here in the states.

4G633

Known Member
Sep 9, 2009
Brunei
thanx guys..........

actually im come along from brunei, in brunei mostly there are JDM spec and the proshop selling oil from japan like CUSCO n Kaaz but the price more high then the Redline, got fren order the Redline oil for us, so we jus wondering if the Gearbox,transfer case and Rear diff can be use in JDM spec EVO8.

AYC n ACD i will use the Diaqueen ATF SPIII

Jus change my Transfer case and Rear diff to Redline 75w90 GL5 its look fine.

will service my gearbox soon to Redline MT90 1q GL4 + MTL 2q GL4 thats the REDLINE dealer recommend for the EVO gearbox.

So JDM/USDM share same oil???
as long the grade are same i guess.....

Thanx guys.....

Last edited:

4G633

Known Member
Sep 9, 2009
Brunei
jus change my drivetrain oil,
REDLINE 2q MTL + 1q MT9O GL4 for my gearbox and
REDLINE 75w90 GL5 use in Transfer case and Rear...

Anyone hav use this???

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

searching for answers here.... as im still green in the whole modding buisness....

im driving a wira 1.6xli Millenium Ed. after a month of driving the car i had a problem where the mechanic said i had to change the engine(till today i still dont know whether he was telling the truth..) so i agreed and opted for a 4g93 mitsu engine as he said it would be cheaper than trying to replace it with another 4g92 proton engine.... total cost of the procedure is RM1200(is this cheap or expansive?)...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience