Evo vs Imprezza

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Aiya honestly who really cares? Both cares are bloody fantastic and both cars are properly fast. Both cars (except for the new 2010 Scooby design and the Evo X) are ridiculously handsome and both cars will forever have their fan clubs that'll try to kill each other online.

Kinda like the Holden and the Ford supporters, forever at each others throats but both manufacturers make great cars.

Ultimately it boils down to what Jinkl said though.. Evo have more value in KL so are higher up on the stolen scale.

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I love both cars, but I hate the 4 door configuration. These models are no family car,lol..

Hence, I vote for Subaru. Why? Because 22B Sti! lol

Civic Type R

Known Member
Jun 6, 2011
Sarawak
forum.myviclub.com
Create a poll and vote.. :biggrin: Btw,in terms of maintainence Evo or Impreza cheaper?

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
I dont like the MR, i would prefer a E6 chassis, give me all the extra cash to make it a beast :P

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia
Both car... not good...Sakit kepala later to maintain...
Fuel now also expensive...RM3.00/L

vspec

Rookie
Oct 9, 2005
Tehran
Both car... not good...Sakit kepala later to maintain...
Fuel now also expensive...RM3.00/L
couldn't agreed more with you

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
straight - evo
corner - subaru

:rofl:

but i like the impreza version 7 :rock:
I highly doubt that. In stock form, only the Evo X is slower than an STi on straights, otherwise Evo 8 vs V8, Evo 9 vs V9, all EVO wins

Corner = Evo
Straight = Evo

Comparison Test: 2008 Subaru WRX STI vs. 2008 Mitsubishi Evolution GSR - Comparison Test - Motor Trend

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi and Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution MR - Rally Sedan Comparison - Motor Trend

2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX vs. 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STi Comparison Test

Check out video by Best Motoring as well, EVO wins all. But of course, that's stock vs stock. Sorry mate, facts are facts and numbers don't lie.

I think it's the other way around. Straight drag Subaru may win but in corners Evo is sharper.
Other than Evo X, the previous 8 and 9 is faster than the same model year STi.

---------- Post added at 03:47 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:51 AM ----------

Just for the record, I'm a fanboy of both the Evo or STi. Both have been rally champions, both have proven pedigree, and both are a platform of unlimited potential, just that Evo has been the favorite child between the two. In Malaysia the EVO is the thieves favorite as well.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

vspec

Rookie
Oct 9, 2005
Tehran
Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear all,

Please assist on my problem~

Car: caldina ZT
engine: 1AZFSE D4-VVTi

It mati (shut down) suddenly when gear standing on Neutral. It does not shiver also not giving any warning, the engine just snap off. Then after restart the engine, it's back alive like nothing happened.

It only happened once in a blue moon. Maybe once a month, maybe once in a week.

Sent the car to workshop few times, unable to identify problem, cleaned throttle body (happened again...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience