Error Code 4...2.......4...2......

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

ae101svt

Known Member
Apr 28, 2005
KL
Sifus

my engine check blinks 4 times follow with 2 times and then repeat the sequence...4...2........4...2.......4...2.....
anybody here know wat's the meaning of this error code???

Tq

WrX7

Known Member
Jan 17, 2005
Visit site
its maybe the speed sensor or the ecu faulty lor.. get toms ecu lar...kenny yesterday check it for u already

ae101svt

Known Member
Apr 28, 2005
KL
ya...i knew it.... i will consider to change my car la...SVT banyak banyak problemssssss............

ae101svt

Known Member
Apr 28, 2005
KL
AE80TYPED

ya i'm not using the SVT meter but why?? is it related?? pls advice

Tq

ae101svt

Known Member
Apr 28, 2005
KL
i'm driving a SEG and my speedometer is not driven by a cable from the gearbox.

AE80TypeD

1,500 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Puchong
Visit site
then u should check the ECU or meter wiring. in the thread link i gave, member chinozie has encountered the same problem. read his reply and consult him if necessary.

AE80TypeD

1,500 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Puchong
Visit site
im not sure. are u talking about the electronic VSS wire? in chinozie's case, he encountered the exact same conditions stated in the diagnostic manual like u said.

in my experience last time using SVT, i was going full throttle on 4th gear coming to 6000RPM when the check engine light came on. the only indicator light that comes on on the meter when the error occurs is the check engine light. the weird part is chinozie experienced the "car-wont-go" loss power for a while syndrome while i only had the check engine light come on, no engine effect. all were solved once we made sure all the connections and wires are in/repaired to good shape.

suma_

Known Member
Jun 3, 2005
DU
just to share my last time experience regarding this:

1. speedometer (digital type) go crazy & give whatever reading below 3k rpm
2. engine check light on especially while climbing hilly road but i keep ignoring it
3. worst case: give a blast to a few capasitor in ECU that cause the engine almost dying condition+black smoke+drink a lot for fuel

the problem comes from the VSS (vehicle speed sensor) electronic type. mine is 3-wire type. it cant give constant signal to ECU & speedometer that result the car to run in safe-mode (according to Wong master) correct me if i wrong. when i push the car harder, the false signal cheat the ECU & i think ECU got fed-up so it warn me. after ignoring the warn, i still not repair it and finanally it cought the internal ECU parts... sob sob

solution:
1. i bought another ECU from master Wong which old capacitors replaced with a good spec type, tested and run well - tq sifu
2. replace the VSS with the good one. there are 2 type of VSS in SVT; 2 wire type and 3 wire type. if urs is 2 wire, ur are lucky, coz easy to find. if 3 wire, wish & pray for extra luck - very rare. my mech search all chopshop in klang and finally found only 1

from what my survey & reading, the VSS can be serviced to check the inner selenoid/wire. it might be dirty thus the selenoid cannot trigger proper pulse for detection.

i forgot already where the source of all this information but basically i do search on the net with this magic word (VSS, vehicle speed sensor)

that's all from my past experience. now the car goes to the new owner.... hahahahahaha...

shamburke

2,000 RPM
Dec 9, 2003
Subang Jaya
Visit site
so,
in my case..blk top with t-50 would give me the same message????

cheers

Feilo

500 RPM
Jul 23, 2005
...Ipoh...
For my friend experience, he just disconnect the negative connect for more than 30sec the plug back ok oledi many be his problem just the ecu miss Q or he is soo lucky lar.... Good Luck to U brother :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

my dad's car was hijacked and stolen.. :(

it was 3 sumthing in the morning.. after a drink at rum jungle..my dad heads to the carpark situated beside rum jungle... there was around 3-4 cars left.. so he went into the car..started engine and 4 malay fellas came n open the door n drag my dad out... :angry: :angry: my dad sensed that's something is wrong..so he ran instead... there's one malay fella said "jangan lari"... <_< stupid.. i'll run for my life..why would i stay and get...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience