Proton Error code help please

cfw

Sep 17, 2014
Hi guys I have a Proton Jumbuck 1.5i (4g15p) that is giving me up hill battle. As I drive it will just cut out, took it to the AD for diagnostics and they said its the throttle body, a common problem on this vehicles. Had it rest a few times but now it doesnt help, it goes into what appears to be a limp mode, it starts but when u rev it it goes to about 2-2500 rpm and drop the climb and drops, first I modded a vw polo tb with an adaptor plate as they cost $110 (Proton wants $900 excl fitment for a new one) it works but when I drive it will cut out so bought a new tb but does exactly what the first one did goes in a limp mode the vw doesnt so I took it to a different AD for diagnostics and this is what errors they gave me.

1. Throttle body sensor greater than actuator.

2. Air temp sensor - voltage too high.

3. Mil lamp short circuit to ground/open.

4. Lamba probe 1 below minimum voltage.

5. Lamba control at rich limit.

6. Tank purge short circuit to ground/open.

Please can any body give me advice I am allready $2000 in repair cost and still its not right.

Regards Francois

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

Can any body help

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
You didn't do any modification to the car other than the VW throttle?

---------- Post added at 07:52 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:50 AM ----------

Btw, I moved your thread to "car problems". You had it in "Marketplace".

And out of curiosity, the new TB you're using now is the original Proton TB? And even with the new TB and a error code clear using the diagnostic tool, the problem still persists?

cfw

Sep 17, 2014
Thanks, no mods, just removed the cat converter but that was after all the trouble, they cleared all the errors but still only the vw TB works

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
from the problem described,its more towards wiring or a sensor problem.whats your mileage?

if not mistaken,arena/jumbuck engine comes with top dead sensor rite?sounds like a top dead sensor problem.
hard to confirm without a skilled tech with diagnostic computer.
if u can borrow a sensor,try swapping it first.

i had a probelm just like yours but on a different model.turns out the battery terminal was loose.

cfw

Sep 17, 2014
Thanks for the reply, where does that sensor sit on the engine?

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Thanks for the reply, where does that sensor sit on the engine?

hard to describe exactly as i only saw it few time on uk spec 4g15.
its position at lower part of the engine (passengger site)to detect the rotation of a toothed disc which rotates as the engine runs.

i dont recommend u to replace it straight away as i am just guessing.swap it first if u can find an extra sensor

other than that try search for vacuum leak.

desmond0318

Known Member
May 31, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Jumbuck's using svdo 4g15p, how you manage to get a VW throttle body that able to attach throttle cable?
Just like old days mod satria gti 4g93p throttle body into 4g15p system, might be the ecu doesn't match with your current throttle body.

cfw

Sep 17, 2014
Plugs are the same, its a vdo system pbt gf20, there is even a vw logo on my cars plug.

What I dont understand is that the vw throttle body works better than the proton one.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412928667.410614.jpg

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Hi guys I have a Proton Jumbuck 1.5i (4g15p) that is giving me up hill battle. As I drive it will just cut out, took it to the AD for diagnostics and they said its the throttle body, a common problem on this vehicles. Had it rest a few times but now it doesnt help, it goes into what appears to be a limp mode, it starts but when u rev it it goes to about 2-2500 rpm and drop the climb and drops, first I modded a vw polo tb with an adaptor plate as they cost $110 (Proton wants $900 excl fitment for a new one) it works but when I drive it will cut out so bought a new tb but does exactly what the first one did goes in a limp mode the vw doesnt so I took it to a different AD for diagnostics and this is what errors they gave me.

1. Throttle body sensor greater than actuator.

2. Air temp sensor - voltage too high.

3. Mil lamp short circuit to ground/open.

4. Lamba probe 1 below minimum voltage.

5. Lamba control at rich limit.

6. Tank purge short circuit to ground/open.

Please can any body give me advice I am allready $2000 in repair cost and still its not right.

Regards Francois

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

Can any body help

any short circuit?? try double check the wiring diagram especially at the TB socket....maybe the ground/signal should be switched at socket to allow vw TB

cfw

Sep 17, 2014
any short circuit?? try double check the wiring diagram especially at the TB socket....maybe the ground/signal should be switched at socket to allow vw TB

The vw one works, it drives and as soon as it reaches operating temp it runs a while and cuts out, how ever if I drive and turn ignition and free, drive and free it doesnt cut out, so that might be a sensor thats not working right, I just dont know which one it could be.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
The vw one works, it drives and as soon as it reaches operating temp it runs a while and cuts out, how ever if I drive and turn ignition and free, drive and free it doesnt cut out, so that might be a sensor thats not working right, I just dont know which one it could be.

How does it 'cut out'? Engine turns off? Or limp mode?

cfw

Sep 17, 2014
Engine turns off

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

im thinking of putting a set of hi-low adjustables absorbers for my ride. but the problem is that there is so many brands out there and im afraid if those shocks would be to stiff. Which brand is recommended?? Thx.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience