Engine Transplant - Jap eng on a conti

tombstone

1,000 RPM
Mar 1, 2005
can this type of conversion still be done? considering current times...when everything is so strict?

very curious..cos i asked one jpj officer and the answer i got is...i dunno.

so wanna ask all the transplant sifus out there who juz did the above said transplant...

for eg : merc benz 190e put in a rb25 engine?

bmw e30 put a 1jz 2500 cc?

can this still be done? are the rules stickfast? or is there any runners out there still can kao tim?

can we use the reason that the current engine is 20years old and spoilt and replacement is expensive thus opting for a cheaper alternative ? jap conversion.. possible?

thanks in advance for ur opinions

huh?

Known Member
Oct 18, 2005
i dont think it can be registered legally ( without runners ) cause the mounting is gonna be modified of course...hrmm..dunno bout any available runners out there that can do it..if they can..its gonna cost a lot..

hrmm..tomb is goin conti with jap touch ar??hehehe...try e30 with sr20 from s14...DRIFT!!!! all the way.muahaha.

Doink

3,000 RPM
Aug 1, 2004
House
Visit site
can register legally...i have friends who is foreman doing conversion mainly 1JZ into continentals...bimmer,land rover...etc and the ppl keep on coming to ask for conversion...even as far as jb...to kl.but prepared as the charge is quite expensive cause they stress out on maintaining the handling and looks of a continental though they only use a jap engine...like the interior is all bimmer from a bmw and wiring is all
redesigned to suit the bmw dashboard clusters...unlike other foreman who uses back the original dashboard from the halfcut and everything they can from the halfcut...which brings less work and less headache...but the final work is so ugly...cause all is mixed...

tombstone

1,000 RPM
Mar 1, 2005
actually that is the plan...i m getting a 1jz...

so in fact i juz wanna confirm whether still allowed to be done ....i duwan to do everything then the jpj bastard say cannot

btw, how much ur foreman charge for everything including halfcut, installation and jpj?

huh?

Known Member
Oct 18, 2005
hrmmm...nice...tomb...i wanna have a ride inside your new car after the conversion can arr??hopefully you can make it done..

happy modding bro.. : )

Doink

3,000 RPM
Aug 1, 2004
House
Visit site
my foreman charges quite exp but great workmanship...if u seriously wan pm me i will give u the contact number...

tombstone

1,000 RPM
Mar 1, 2005
confirm can register or not ??? okie la bro..plz pm me..tq

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
tombstone said:
can this type of conversion still be done? considering current times...when everything is so strict?

very curious..cos i asked one jpj officer and the answer i got is...i dunno.

so wanna ask all the transplant sifus out there who juz did the above said transplant...

for eg : merc benz 190e put in a rb25 engine?

bmw e30 put a 1jz 2500 cc?

can this still be done? are the rules stickfast? or is there any runners out there still can kao tim?

can we use the reason that the current engine is 20years old and spoilt and replacement is expensive thus opting for a cheaper alternative ? jap conversion.. possible?

thanks in advance for ur opinions
you mean something like this?

or this?

IMO all depends on how big yer 'cable' is..

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
sure can be done...my hometown got some1 using rb25 on a old bm 730

tombstone

1,000 RPM
Mar 1, 2005
previously...sumua pun boleh...times have changed, regulations are strictly enforced... thats why i asked, in current times can it be legally registered.

tombstone

1,000 RPM
Mar 1, 2005
wah doink...ur mechanic wanna charge 20k ar?!?!? sot ar???? wahlauey...twice the price of my car....i might itself add another 40k and buy the toyota soarer being sold in zth now...:(

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i was on ebay looking things for my car and i was wondering do "resistor chips"actually work? i dont want turbo on my 240sx because too expensive.. the chip only costs 15 american.. buy or no?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience