Encounters With Other Cars

snx

Known Member
May 2, 2005
KL
Yesterday a Waja came close to my tail pretty fast. I dropped gear and floored away. It was at night on the PLUS highway so all I could see was the bluish headlight.

Later I got bored and slowed down. Then the same bluish headlight came back. It passed me and while it was on my side, I glanced and saw it was white with blue logos on it saying PDRM. :sleep:

S

semperfi

There are police that loves Skylines too ya know. My ride's so friggin tinted I'm so afraid to drive it out.

I was driving at a slow pace when a patrol car drove next to me and gave me a honk. I swallowed hard and hoped they'll get it over and done with but to my amaze as I turned and looked, they gave me a thumbs up, smiled and continued on. I smiled and thank them like someone just handed me a million ringgit. Yes, real pathetic.

farique

500 RPM
Jan 22, 2005
Klang
Visit site
There are police that loves Skylines too ya know. My ride's so friggin tinted I'm so afraid to drive it out.

I was driving at a slow pace when a patrol car drove next to me and gave me a honk. I swallowed hard and hoped they'll get it over and done with but to my amaze as I turned and looked, they gave me a thumbs up, smiled and continued on. I smiled and thank them like someone just handed me a million ringgit. Yes, real pathetic.
sometime ago I read sumwhere, there's this guy drove his 180SX and got pulled over by patrol car. It turns out that the two cops were interested on his car. Looks like the two cops were Nissan fans. Hahaha..

Dr.D

500 RPM
Aug 28, 2005
Petaling Jaya
a friend of mine in his gtt was pulled over during a road block. actually they wwere interested in his car. even the head ask him to do a accelerating burnout... funny la these jokers.. but nice to know some have passion

farizio

Known Member
Nov 26, 2007
KL
if i had a buck for everytime the toll dude asked me to 'tarik sikit bang!'.....

better get smart tag or my tyres will botak fast!

joethurr

500 RPM
Sep 11, 2007
happened to me twice, coppers usually have the weirdest requests, 1 of them just wanted me to make the continuous popping sound, rev limiter, the other just wanted to hear the RB growl... not a single one of them said anything about my heavy tinting or anything else..its all cool with me as long as i dont get hassled to fork out kopi money. Actually I kinda noticed how coppers are much more respectful to sport car owners, as long as u dont go all "im a gangster, touch me and u had it" on them..I wouldnt wanna brag but I think we do get some kinda special treatment... I dont know if you guys would agree entirely...

farizio

Known Member
Nov 26, 2007
KL

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Let's start a new thread for cop encounter stories.

That should be interesting.:wavey:

JaHaX

1,500 RPM
Sep 21, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
faz ... heard u stalled ur car ... huhuhu ... which one are u using? ... i myself using GD-PRO ... cursing it almost every day last time, but when u used to it, hehehe ... banzai :burnout:

pmpin ... encounter with police ... huhuhu, i'd rather not:biggrin:

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Dude,

GD-Pro is easy as hell to drive. Soccer mum's voted clutch of the year 08/09

farizio

Known Member
Nov 26, 2007
KL
i stalled [PIMPIN] 's car trying to do a hill start on a very steep hill hahaha
we went around looking for the steepest hill to try out the clutch

HKS GD-Pro is easier to use than what most people say it is..very light...i don't know what the big fuss is about...but if you're not used to it, hill starts can be tricky

I'm using Nismo Gmax Twin Spec II...but no use... replacement plates are impossible to come by... have to change

Last edited:

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
To be fair, Fariz did hell of a lot better than I did when I first drove the car. First time for me was like being at the rodeo - jumping, bucking like a wild bull. Plus, he was taking it easy I guess out of respect for a fellow enthusiasts ride; one that is still being run-in too.

Anyways, hope managed to change that stubborn mind of his to accept the HKS GD-Pro with open arms. Or better yet, triple plate joy.

JinSRAD

Known Member
Jul 9, 2006
[PIMPIN];3343928 said:
I can understand how a car's added traction helps it go faster around corners but I think that on a straight road a superbike is faster than most cars especially from a standstill.

I mean, look at the Kawasaki ZX12R, Ducati 1098s, etc - all go from 0-100km/h in barely 3 seconds. I don't know, I just think that on straight roads the 1litre bikes would win easy.
Was driving along the Ulu Yam stretch (old road leading up towards Genting highlands) on a Sunday morning. Saw a grey coloured CBR1000RR pass the ENTIRE convoy of GTT's/GTR's/Porsche's and RX7's. Literally like 'potong sayur'. One particularly 'brave' GTR driver came out of the line in an attempt to chase down the Honda CBR1000RR from the picnic spot by the lake all the way till Ulu Yam town. I doubt the GTR even managed to catch a glimpse of the superbike judging from the way the bike was accelerating. I was driving at about 140kph and recall seeing the bike passing my window with its front wheel waving in the air. The rider bloody rode pass AT LEAST 2 GTR's and a RX7 on ONE-wheel:bawling:. This guy was bloody skillful to be driving on such tiwsty bits with only 2 wheels, no ABS, no airbags, no power steering, no windscreen,etc. The last thing I saw was the bike disappearing into a turn in the distance with sparks coming out from the rider's knee puck. Makes me really wonder how most of us car drivers who are so used to driving with 4 wheels would fair riding a superbike up Genting or on the track. I reckon we'd just embarass ourselves!

Thumbs up to the Sunday rider and his 1 liter NA Honda and a bigger thumbs up to the GTR driver who dared to attempt chasing him down:burnout:

Last edited:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

BMW Group Malaysia recently unveiled the latest BMW M5 at Bukit Kiara Equestrian for the BMW Malaysian Open 2012. This fifth generation M5 is now powered by a 4.4-litre V8 engine working in tandem with two TwinScroll turbos and putting out 560PS and 680Nm (arriving at just 1,500rpm!) of torque. While some purists might lament the downsizing trend, do bear...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience