EK Extractor

pc_teh

Known Member
Jun 18, 2008
Dear Sifuss,

I am driving an ek, auto tranny 1.6 vtec. Recently I changed my extractor(after market) and now
my engine is acting very weirdly.

My fren told me the becos the extractor size might affected the air flow of the engine and require tuning. He mentioned about VAFC.

I am a bit reluctant to go for that as wana keep my car stock. My question here is, if I change the
extractor back to original will it solve the problem?

Thanks .....

spoon civic

Known Member
Jul 12, 2012
terengganu
Dear Sifuss,

I am driving an ek, auto tranny 1.6 vtec. Recently I changed my extractor(after market) and now
my engine is acting very weirdly.

My fren told me the becos the extractor size might affected the air flow of the engine and require tuning. He mentioned about VAFC.

I am a bit reluctant to go for that as wana keep my car stock. My question here is, if I change the
extractor back to original will it solve the problem?

Thanks .....
in my opinion,if u tning your car by using vafc ..your problem will solved,but the simple way is u change to the std extractor..your problem will settle if the cause for the weird engine is from the extractor....

pc_teh

Known Member
Jun 18, 2008
Weird in my case
1. During cold engine driving half way while I still have my right foot on the throttle the rpm drop and the car lose power.
Can feel the airflow from the exhaust sound that it is not fluent.
2. Unstable idling. Causing the engine extra vibration.
3. High Fuel consumption

jeffayn

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2004
Klang
It pretty common that after any changes in the intake, ignition or exhaust system, you will experience "different"

Because when you do the modification you are expecting changes either to balance the car or to increase power or to .....

If your car is the old junkie, you can always calibrate the car manually...
if the mid modern car.. you can always add on...
if your car is the ultra new modern car .... you got to piggy back or get a new brain for your car..

that is because the more complicated car you got, the ecu control more , when your ecu control your car more... you control less... :rofl:

you played your header part.. so did you play your 'intake' part as well to balance it ?

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi to all zth members.. do anyone know how to diy led tail lamp.. can do huh??? im usin kelisa.. Or is there any shop can do it..??:confused:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience