EG clubs/owner etc

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
fuck the stock internals and unknown tuning f con v pro..... i am getting forged...:smokin:

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
but sifu shiro.... suggested clearance, 0.0025" = 0.0635mm ... is like nothing already, my mech say no nid bore la, sumbat saja.. what u think?:banghead:

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
rebuilt start soon, acl race series and arp head studs arrive today, wish me good luck then..

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
fooh...mega rebuild...for the bore.. i would follow recommended settings though...too tight worry ur sleeves might get super scratched. and engine feel heavy like shiro mentioned. best to wait for him to answer as i dont have much experience with wiseco

got me car tuned on crome last saturday... FINALLY broke the 200whp barrier on the dynojet.... got max at 203.....but brought it down to 200 to make it abit more safer for track use... B20 very the manja hahahhahaha

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
my place here, all those b20 targeting and hit 230whp ++ lol, maybe all not track, but drag, lol......... but that day i even saw a guy with top fuel turbo kit similar like mine, b20 vtec turbo somemore, lagi power lagi best, tambah gt wing boleh terbang..lol

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
lol....i can probably touch 230whp.....but need cams...now on stock B18C-R cams only :P

spoon civic

Known Member
Jul 12, 2012
terengganu
search all over here found EK and EF owner...was wondering why there is no Honda Club ??
sorry for my question coz i'm new to ZTH

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

or maybe CIVIC will do...doesn't matter EG/EK/EF/EJ and so on...:confused:
gud question..i'm searching for honda club in zth too..not found too..i'm also newbie here..if there pls invite us to that group,so that we can share our knowledge...................:driver:

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
here is the club man:smokin:

spoon civic

Known Member
Jul 12, 2012
terengganu
fooh...mega rebuild...for the bore.. i would follow recommended settings though...too tight worry ur sleeves might get super scratched. and engine feel heavy like shiro mentioned. best to wait for him to answer as i dont have much experience with wiseco

got me car tuned on crome last saturday... FINALLY broke the 200whp barrier on the dynojet.... got max at 203.....but brought it down to 200 to make it abit more safer for track use... B20 very the manja hahahhahaha
The most important was tuning and setting..we all know b20 are manja a bit comparing b18cr..but my frenz car using b18cr engine piston 83mm wiseco piston,head port polish full balancing,got scratch at block for piston no3,trouble shoot that the tuning that 'api lebih"..the car was fast,rpm very fast up...so the main thing is tuning are very important..air,fuel must setting ngam2....previuosly got 203hp for this engine before engine jammedddd...................:banghead:

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
but sifu shiro.... suggested clearance, 0.0025" = 0.0635mm ... is like nothing already, my mech say no nid bore la, sumbat saja.. what u think?:banghead:
Depends on where you measure, you can see where they recommend measuring for the clearance on the spec sheet. Can try run looser a bit, like 0.0030-0.0035. 0.0025 is kind of tight. If NA, I'd probably run the 0.0025 recommendation, but not for turbo. You should always check with wiseco as well. Remember to tell them that our ambient temps are usually in the mid 30s to 40s degrees celcius when on the road, and how much boost you expect to run. I think they'd recommend running looser as well, but email them to confirm anyway.

Anyway, if sumbat only, where are you going to get your ring seal? If you do like that, sure the engine will run, but your engine will also consume oil really quick. (think "4 litres" of engine oil top up in two weeks if you drive a lot) Need to rebore and rehone at the minimum if you want engine to last, need to check if they all can fit the minimum 0.0025-30 (or whatever clearance you choose) The pistons are EXACTLY round or have the exact width at skirts, so if you don't check properly, one of them will be 'tighter' than the other, and that's the one piston that's going to give problems later on when you apply boost, which makes a lot of heat, and that clearance will reduce to zero or less than zero, then clunk! :banghead: If you escape with scored sleeves, consider yourself lucky. If clearances check out and you don't need to rebore, must still at least get a bore hone, that's for your oil control ring seal. (they aren't built like the top two compression rings)

Make sure you get a good machine shop to do the work though, had a head and block spoiled by a incompetent one before. With honda engines, everything must be in spec or you'll always think the engine is unreliable because it keeps spoiling. You wrongly torque the main caps also the crank will start to eat the bearings. Each piston not exactly round also, so the machine shop should be able to check for roundness, and bore accordingly to the specs. Just remember that the clearances they put on the sheet is the 'minimum', in real life, it will always be a bit looser, but we want the minimum so the piston don't seize when it sees a lot of heat, that's all.Don't go too loose however, or when starting in the morning, the engine will be plenty noisy.

If you want to see the process of building engine, this is a good source. Part 1-3
Evans Tuning GSR Engine Build Tech Article - Part 1 - YouTube
Evans Tuning GSR Engine Build Tech Article - Part 2 - YouTube
Evans Tuning GSR Engine Build Tech Article - Part 3 - YouTube

A lof of people fail to check the oil pump clearance (part 3), so sometimes they kill the oil pump without knowing. (actually not kill, it's just that the oil pump gear part where it meets the crank will start to wear, then when it does enough wear there, it starts to wear the housing. This takes a long time though, but it's the difference between changing oil pump at 200,000kms, or 500,000kms.)
I have a b-series oil pump that has like 350,000kms on it, and it still looks new, and clearances checks out. Damn honda makes this thing crazy lasting.

Also got lots of other videos from him that's very useful, if your mechanic has not much experience with honda engines/transmission/etc.

Nice parts BTW. Good luck with the hondata. Check resistance of injectors before installing. If less than 10ohms, install a resistor box. Let me know the resistance too, I want to compare to some other honda injectors.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
The most important was tuning and setting..we all know b20 are manja a bit comparing b18cr..but my frenz car using b18cr engine piston 83mm wiseco piston,head port polish full balancing,got scratch at block for piston no3,trouble shoot that the tuning that 'api lebih"..the car was fast,rpm very fast up...so the main thing is tuning are very important..air,fuel must setting ngam2....previuosly got 203hp for this engine before engine jammedddd...................:banghead:
its after tuning i got 200whp....before tuning was 187who only..u should see the before and after graph.... 187 like earthquake... 200 much smoother... was in desperate need of ignition tuning.

scratched sleeves actually pretty common with forged pistons... its the piston to wall slap thing

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
after watch all of that, i begin to worry and cant sleep since my mech might not do most of the works on the video:bawling::bawling: my mech is stubborn , and not that much of ppl know to do car around me... damn

spoon civic

Known Member
Jul 12, 2012
terengganu
its after tuning i got 200whp....before tuning was 187who only..u should see the before and after graph.... 187 like earthquake... 200 much smoother... was in desperate need of ignition tuning.

scratched sleeves actually pretty common with forged pistons... its the piston to wall slap thing
first tuning was 183..then after dyno can get 203hp....maybe my frenz car unlucky as its got the problem...now looking for s90 block complte size 84mm..to try new spec to get more power and more hp.....to get the best tuning and power spec,must have high motorsport spirit.....

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
after watch all of that, i begin to worry and cant sleep since my mech might not do most of the works on the video:bawling::bawling: my mech is stubborn , and not that much of ppl know to do car around me... damn
Haha.. record the video into CD, then 'brainwash' your mechanic. :rofl:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi everyone

anyone know how?
i heard after install relay the lamp will get brighter..

what value for the relay should i use?
(i dono how many volt i should use. from my experience, if use volt value too high, then maybe the electric wont able to 'switch on' the relay, if use too low voltage value, then will damage it)

anyone got wiring guide to install relay to headlamp?
(is it original electric to headlamp wire to relay, to switch it on/off, then when the relay is turn on, the headlamp...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience