ECU, EMS and Piggyback..whats the diff?

basahboy

Known Member
Feb 22, 2005
Angsana Hilir
Visit site
Ok sifu's i need an understanding on the above title...

Whats the difference between the three above...

- When i meant EMS is like APEX FC, AEMS, MICROTECH, HALTECH, etc.

- When i meant Piggyback is like Uninchip, Emanage, Obit

- When i meant ECU is like MUGEN, Spoon ECUs (NOT CHIPS)...i saw that they are selling in motortrader for 1.7k...worth it???

I am contemplating which i should choose from to complement my rather mild type r set up.

Thanks...

BlackHD

Known Member
Jan 29, 2004
Visit site
Apexi FC consider piggyback mah... no?

if i were u i'd rather go for EMS like haltech.

i think difference on these 3 category is - up to which limit u can do on the setting side.

means more function.

ARe-BeaR

Known Member
Jan 23, 2005
For me better go for EMS... more functions... Hondata, Microtech, Motec, Haltech...

Riezal-R

500 RPM
Oct 14, 2004
KL
www.art-evo.com
basahboy said:
Ok sifu's i need an understanding on the above title...

Whats the difference between the three above...

- When i meant EMS is like APEX FC, AEMS, MICROTECH, HALTECH, etc.

- When i meant Piggyback is like Uninchip, Emanage, Obit

- When i meant ECU is like MUGEN, Spoon ECUs (NOT CHIPS)...i saw that they are selling in motortrader for 1.7k...worth it???

I am contemplating which i should choose from to complement my rather mild type r set up.

Thanks...
What 'difference' are you looking for exactly? In general:

- EMS = Engine Management System? Any add-on device that electronically manages the engine can be considered EMS (i think). This would include piggyback units.

- Piggyback = Overrides the current ECU settings. It is plugged into the ECU and overrides certain settings in the ECU, based on what sort of device you use. E-Manage, VAFC, SAFC, etc are all piggyback as they need to be tapped into the ECU to function. The level of tunability would depend on what sort of device you use.

- ECU = Well, this you would already know. It plugs in directly into the engine wiring. Difference between this and a re-chipped ECU? Quality of the hardware inside and the 'originality' of it (so I was told). One ciplak, one ori. But I believe there is more to it than that.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi there,

Got nothing much to do that day so play with car air filter.

guys, you're all think which one is better im term of power and smooth ride..

i use HKS super flow = power wise okie only. Low RPM below 3K suck.. ride not smooth below 3K rpm

Ori air filter box with K&N drop in = smooth ride but can't feel the power kick in after 3K rpm like using HKS.

Ori air filter with proton ori filter = smooth ride, power wise same as K&N drop in ..

hehe...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience