EBC Brakes UK

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
Hi currently im using EBC green stuff for my front brakes on my wira 1.6 MIVEC! i have been using it for nearly 3 months.. before the installation of the EBC green stuff i had perform the below:

1. skim the disc rotor
2. dismantle and service my piston
3. change to steel braided hose
4. Using Motul RBF 600 brake fluid

My experience : it was very responsive in the begining, but after awhile i realize the disc wear more compare to other cars and now it is generating friction sound during light trail braking. it also cause my disc to have undulation..and best of all..it is not dust free or low dust at ALL!!

Thank you for choosing EBC.

1. If now you don't feel so responsive can be due to that you have got used to the good responsive so feel normal, just like car power. And also maybe, after all the heavy braking and abuse, any brake pads at high temperature decompose a layer of film that stick on the discs that reduces the effectiveness of stopping power.

2. Most performance brake pads do give a little friction sound during light braking and EBC brands are considered very very low and don't even exist on most application compare to other performance brands for temp 0-550'c.

3. Who told you is dust free? I don't think we would say such thing. If there is no dust the brakes are not working. Again EBC brakes produce far LESS DUST compared with other brands with temp 0-550'c.

Thanks.

hI edmund 6600... im not sure if there is any metal! the pads are green in color & the surface is deep pink in color with white wording of some protective coating..& i needs to run in a while..

Hi Chris2000...thanks for the acknowledgement..and for the response to guide me to better understand EBC product..

1. Yes i totally agree with the wear condition of the pads
2. The pads have no sound at all during all sorts of braking condition which lasted for a month & half..now it had sound like rough metal rubbing not the squeel sound..my biggest concern is wear rate of my disc rotor.. it has lines of undulations..please advice or recommend a better rotor which lasts..
3. I reccommend my friend to use the Green stuff as it really satisfy me at first..he has the dust problem more than the old pads..which i do not know what brand..now we will come back after a while more of using and trying others...please recommend any with lower dust..as my fren has a white rim..i change mine to black recently...

Last edited:
The metal pad will be more stopping power during the temperature comes over.But it will wear our disc rotor.Before i am using Ferodo brand.It is good in polish your disc rotor & stopping power but the lag is dust too much.Now i just hope can get a pad which less dust & non metal.

HI! Edmund 6600 Thanks for your information!! as ferodo was in my list of trying..one day i will dismantle my brakes pads n take some pictures..then we know if its metal.. i saw a poster of EBC in an workshop quoting "low dust to protect the alloys".... anyway Edmund...... is the ferodo a 0-550'c pads? is there any other 0-550'c brake pad that is non metal n lower dust than ferodo n EBC?

HI! Edmund 6600 Thanks for your information!! as ferodo was in my list of trying..one day i will dismantle my brakes pads n take some pictures..then we know if its metal.. i saw a poster of EBC in an workshop quoting "low dust to protect the alloys".... anyway Edmund...... is the ferodo a 0-550'c pads? is there any other 0-550'c brake pad that is non metal n lower dust than ferodo n EBC?

Yes,Ferodo is 550'c.I use it when still running stock solid rotor.Very satisfy on stopping & disc surface end up shine smooth.EBC i never use before & also never see.But i see a lot ZTH ppl using it so gonna try it.My friend's intro me 1 type pad name LEMBURG.hear it b4?That 1 is low dust.But stock standard iswara pad already cost RM200.Gonna ask my friend 1st nowly let you know the price.

Hi Edmund..nope never used LEMBURG ..im not sure as this EBC is my first replacement...need to wait & see the next brake pad change...my friend also use the same brake pads as me...so when we change we will try and see others...but it is really difficult to really evaluate the pads..as we have different driving patterns...but EBC did not make my rotor shine..so when u install it, let me know your feed back on EBC...hopefully we can end up finding the brake pads that is suitable for us...

bro chris,
can i get the price for black stuff?
application on toyota vios '05 front..
and also honda accord 05 front/rear..
thanks...

bro chris,
can i get the price for black stuff?
application on toyota vios '05 front..
and also honda accord 05 front/rear..
thanks...

Vios RM179/set
accord 05 Frt RM245/set rear rm120/set

Bro,let me know the price of greenstuff n black stuff Front n rear for Honda prelude 1993....and also the goodridge brakeline.Do you ship to johor?let me know the shipping fee too.Thanks!

Hi Chris,
can u let me know the prices of black stuff and green stuff for wira 1.5?
what is the efficeincy degree for black stuff?

I am a stree user, sometimes with high reving and going to genting.

chris,
can u Pm me your contact or what else so that i can deal with u ?

chris,
sorry, i left out.What is the price for front & rear 4 P/wira?

chris,
sorry i left out. How much is the pads for p/wira, font and rear?:smile:

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom