E-manage firmware 1.49 & VTEC Engagement

shfish

500 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
Have anybody tried the E-manage Blue firmware 1.49?
I have tried it and it screwed up my VTEC Engagement. Anybody has an explanation on this. I had to resort to down grade it back to version firmware 1.11

How to move the VTEC Engagement from the factory 5800 RPM to 5500 RPM.
I have tried moving the VTEC Shift point VTEC LO->HI from the default 5200 to 5000 RPM but nothing happens. Picture attached

Last edited:

cipan_supercas

1,500 RPM
Feb 4, 2004
Shah Alam
www.draxecu.com
What version of E-manage are you using? Firmware 1.49 are design for e-manage version 1.49. If you are not using e-manage support tools version 1.49, then don't upgrade your firmware to 1.49.
From the pics you attached, it's definitely you are not using e-manage ver.1.49 but something else much older. I suggest you to upgrade your support tools ver.1.49 and set your vtec from there. You can still use your original mappings that you did in your oudated support tools.

It should look like this:

You can then edit your vtec point by entering the desired rpm value you want. If you have further question, email me.

shfish

500 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
Cipan, Thanks for your advice. Indeed the version I had pasted is the 1.11 version after I upgraded to 1.49 the VTEC engagement point seem to disappear (VTEC does not engage). So I have to downgrade to 1.11 again and VTEC engagement came back.

My question:
- Have you tried 1.49 on VTEC cars before, does it work.
- What is the VTEC LO-> HI (acceleration) & VTEC HI-> LO (Deceleration)
- What is the difference between VTEC LO-> HI / VTEC HI-> LO to the newer VTEC ON/OFF

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
since we're in the Emanage firmware topic,

In Spore, there r plp flashing thier emanage to gold version firmware. what's the diff?

shfish

500 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
Main advantage difference of the "gold" vs. the "blue" EManage."The new emanage allows you to eliminate the MAF sensor. It also allows you to control the injectors, trim instead of just being able to add fuel pulse. This is the most important feature I believe mainly because before to take away fuel you had to modify the Airflow Map which in turn modifies timing. This is not something you want to happen every time you try to pull fuel away. The new ecu now taps into the crank trigger which enables the user to see ACTUAL ignition timing and datalog it. This is also very helpful in the tuning process. They also added cool features like TPS accel maps for timing and fuel. Coolant temp and Air temp fuel enrichment maps. Target Air/Fuel map for those willing to purchase a Wideband o2 Sensor and it will datalog Air/Fuel ratio to assist in tuning.

cipan_supercas

1,500 RPM
Feb 4, 2004
Shah Alam
www.draxecu.com
shfish said:
Cipan, Thanks for your advice. Indeed the version I had pasted is the 1.11 version after I upgraded to 1.49 the VTEC engagement point seem to disappear (VTEC does not engage). So I have to downgrade to 1.11 again and VTEC engagement came back.

My question:
- Have you tried 1.49 on VTEC cars before, does it work.
- What is the VTEC LO-> HI (acceleration) & VTEC HI-> LO (Deceleration)
- What is the difference between VTEC LO-> HI / VTEC HI-> LO to the newer VTEC ON/OFF
The older support tools instruct to activate the vtec engagement by only using rpm values. The newer support tools vtec engagement are controlled by rpm and throttle position or map sense voltage (additional).

As in picture above, the vtec have 16 points of engagement/disengagement depending on your rpm against throttle. In simple word, if you drive relaxing on your throttle, the vtec will come in late and if you drive aggressively, the vtec will kick in sooner but depends on the rpm value you entered in the scaling table.

The vtec lo - hi / hi - lo are settings that you do in conjuction of the difference between the set value comparing to value inside the ecu. Is it higer than or lower than the value inside the ecu.

Whatever that may be, monitor your activities through the wideband.

shfish

500 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
Cipan, Great info thanks man... have you tried the 1.49 firmware yet. Is it stable for VTEC ?

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Bank of Singapore has hosted a golf tournament for 2011 at KLGCC, and are set to replicate the success from the 2010. This tournament is a well organized event, offering a variety of golf courses. The league is targeted at corporate players, spanning across various industries, allowing them the opportunity to mingle and network.

For the KLGCC leg...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience