driveshaft question

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
nice info you guys....

I can't remember, since I'm using daihatsu mira L502 LSD gearbox, one side driveshaft is different from kancil... just can't remember which

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Taiwan made ds not as good as i expected. The steel material is inferior to Japanese made one. That was the reason I was still experiencing vibration after changing to new Taiwan made ds for my lowered ride. It couldn't take the stress.
I was so annoyed and fed up after knowing that. And ordered a set of used Jap ds from halfcut. The used Jap ds works perfectly fine where the Taiwanese failed.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Taiwan made ds not as good as i expected. The steel material is inferior to Japanese made one. That was the reason I was still experiencing vibration after changing to new Taiwan made ds for my lowered ride. It couldn't take the stress.
I was so annoyed and fed up after knowing that. And ordered a set of used Jap ds from halfcut. The used Jap ds works perfectly fine where the Taiwanese failed.
Thanks for sharing bro. Will think twice in getting Taiwan one then. No wonder reconds ones are local made ones.

yh4everlim

Oct 9, 2009
Selangor
gearbox side bro.. i fixed mine before but its a l2 lsd gearbox.. 1 teeth different on the shaft. better check it out before u buy from spareparts. but right now using l5 manual lsd. no different with kancil ori driveshaft.

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
gearbox side bro.. i fixed mine before but its a l2 lsd gearbox.. 1 teeth different on the shaft. better check it out before u buy from spareparts. but right now using l5 manual lsd. no different with kancil ori driveshaft.
thanks.... as per parts concerned, i've got my pomen fren, he's also hafkat runner and a seasoned L5 owner :driver:

john_unai

Known Member
Aug 9, 2011
mtkb
my ride got 'kruuuk' sound when i take a corner and i can feel the the accelerator pedal can feel not so smooth during that time. does anyone know what is the possible cause?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
my ride got 'kruuuk' sound when i take a corner and i can feel the the accelerator pedal can feel not so smooth during that time. does anyone know what is the possible cause?
Should be driveshaft if sound only comes during corner or especially when making U-turn.

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
i have a questionnnn :nurse: need you guys' pro-ness in this:

im driving an iswara, and i suspect my draftshaft and/or bearing is faulty.. when going in a straightline with heavy load, like going uphill or taking off with 4ppl on board, i could hear kreeeeeeeeek sound.. once the car pick up speed n momentum, no more sound already..

d/shaft doesn't produce any sound when turning. perfect.

What could be the cause? and sorry to TS if i hijacked your thread.

john_unai

Known Member
Aug 9, 2011
mtkb
ya, only during corner. i also suspect it the driveshaft but when i asked my trusted pomen to test drive it, he said my drive shaft is ok.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

im driving an iswara, and i suspect my draftshaft and/or bearing is faulty.. when going in a straightline with heavy load, like going uphill or taking off with 4ppl on board, i could hear kreeeeeeeeek sound.. once the car pick up speed n momentum, no more sound already..

Weird, 1st time hear such thing but hard to imagine the sound with words.
Best get it check? Either that just something lose since is proton :biggrin:
Like my blm. Once got sound behind, Get it check, is the rear absorber problem.

ya, only during corner. i also suspect it the driveshaft but when i asked my trusted pomen to test drive it, he said my drive shaft is ok.
Try to make a U-turn to be sure. Usually if sound not that loud they will ask u continue using.
Loud only change.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Bro. john,
test by doing right full turn and left full turn, like coming out from T junction. If got kruuk kruuk sound then drive shaft problem
Cornering may be bearing problem...

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

Should be something else but difficult to say without actually testing it.

Last edited:

john_unai

Known Member
Aug 9, 2011
mtkb
Try to make a U-turn to be sure. Usually if sound not that loud they will ask u continue using.
Loud only change.[/QUOTE]

Bro. john,
test by doing right full turn and left full turn, like coming out from T junction. If got kruuk kruuk sound then drive shaft problem
Cornering may be gearing problem...

thanks bro, if like that than its confirm the driveshaft but the sound is not loud yet. the sound only occur when entering junction, not during cornering.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
thanks bro, if like that than its confirm the driveshaft but the sound is not loud yet. the sound only occur when entering junction, not during cornering.
If only on full turn then still can use for the time being....

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
alrighty.. will get it checked..
p/s: my rear absorber got 'klonk' sound if take corner, like a tong kosong sound, but only happen sometimes.. is it serious? or just a bushing issue?