driveshaft question

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
Salam/Greetings :itsme:

My car (specs are in my signature) have the infamous crackling sound when cornering either left of right. Even slowly turning the wheel when parking would induce the annoying-nerve wrecking-crackling sound

My pomen (which is a good friend of mine for years) who has been caring for my car since the engine swap, said that the shaft are still ok unless the dreaded sound is heard in a straight line. He just advised me againts hard launches

My question is... worse comes to worst (Allah's forbid!) the shaft broke, what will happened to the car while it still moving? Asking because the sound started nearly 1 year ago and currently louder than before.... currently I just avoid right lane during cruise

Last edited:

shrek

Jun 5, 2004
Salam there,

normally when cornering, shaft will produce such sound, its indicate there might be a problem with the joints/coupling

straight line - will not give any weird sound.

you may get second opinion from other mechanics....

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
Salam there,

normally when cornering, shaft will produce such sound, its indicate there might be a problem with the joints/coupling

straight line - will not give any weird sound.

you may get second opinion from other mechanics....
thanks bro

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Bro., Rattling sound?
Drive shaft damaged usually krak krak sound starts from full turn. As it gets worse even will sound on slight turn. When in the straights have sound then better change already. Is it confirm that it is drive shaft sound?
If the drive shaft broke the car will stop only, but have seen some cases the wheel tilted.
My mechanic also told be before and same as your mechanic that the drive shaft will not break if got sound on turns only....

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
Bro., Rattling sound?
Drive shaft damaged usually krak krak sound starts from full turn. As it gets worse even will sound on slight turn. When in the straights have sound then better change already. Is it confirm that it is drive shaft sound?
If the drive shaft broke the car will stop only, but have seen some cases the wheel tilted.
My mechanic also told be before and same as your mechanic that the drive shaft will not break if got sound on turns only....
hahaha... my bad choice of word :embarassed: will update it later....

thanks bro for the info...

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Salam/Greetings :itsme:

My car (specs are in my signature) have the infamous crackling sound when cornering either left of right. Even slowly turning the wheel when parking would induce the annoying-nerve wrecking-crackling sound

My pomen (which is a good friend of mine for years) who has been caring for my car since the engine swap, said that the shaft are still ok unless the dreaded sound is heard in a straight line. He just advised me againts hard launches

My question is... worse comes to worst (Allah's forbid!) the shaft broke, what will happened to the car while it still moving? Asking because the sound started nearly 1 year ago and currently louder than before.... currently I just avoid right lane during cruise
Same thing happening to my gf kelisa currently. Driveshaft at 1st when turn sounds soft, as 1 month passed by, the sound getting louder. I would wanna change it ASAP since the foreman did say if it is not that loud then still safe to use.

But since it has gotten louder, I guess I better change it before anything unpredicted happen.

So, just checking around prices for driveshafts. Some selling recond ones but need to trade
in old ones for the recond one at RM135+30 refundable when trade in old driveshaft.

Ori made in Malaysia RM200.

Another spareparts shop I ask is RM175 Taiwan Made. RM288 Original (Forgot to ask where it is made from)

My regular mech that I have been visiting for a year. Quoted me RM210 Recond+labour
RM230 Made in Taiwan+labour.

So, since I can get it at RM175, I'll or maybe consider the ori one at RM288 depending where
it is made from. If from Japan then okay.

Guess the sparepart shop that my regular foreman get from is kinda overpriced most of the time.
Starting to hunt myself on those parts.

I just dun feel safe driving with those sounds around. Just imagine if u were cornering suddenly it
breaks. Damn...:banghead:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
i reconditioned my DS previously & it lasted 3-4 years. new made in Malaysia ones lasted 2 years.
Mine was not suggested to repair, but to change the whole cuz other than it has sounds, it seems
to be bent as well.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Mine was not suggested to repair, but to change the whole cuz other than it has sounds, it seems
to be bent as well.
Actually recon means repaired ones. That is why they pay you RM30 back for the old ones. They used that to repair and sell to next customer.....:smokin:

And more over, repair takes time. Even my mechanic he just order recon and repair the car and let you go off first.....:biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Actually recon means repaired ones. That is why they pay you RM30 back for the old ones. They used that to repair and sell to next customer.....:smokin:
RM135 might as well get taiwan one at RM175 :rofl:
Taiwan made not that bad right? :biggrin: I think better than local made.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Recon are all local. My VR also using recon only and for years already....:driver:
Ya, unless someone trade in the Taiwan made one. I can't find many people selling Kelisa Driveshafts on the net. PH Auto dont have a website. Only through phone calls.

Will call again to ask where is it made from for the original driveshaft

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Ya, unless someone trade in the Taiwan made one. I can't find many people selling Kelisa Driveshafts on the net. PH Auto dont have a website. Only through phone calls.

Will call again to ask where is it made from for the original driveshaft
Old Uncle and his wife. Very busy, even at the shop sometimes no time to talk to you, unless he gets some one to put up a website for him, but I don't think he needs it anyway....:driver:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Old Uncle and his wife. Very busy, even at the shop sometimes no time to talk to you, unless he gets some one to put up a website for him, but I don't think he needs it anyway....:driver:
Yup, they are already popular and have good repo.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anybody tried buying china oxygen sensor before? Anyone bought before and is it ok?

I tried to find new oxygen sensor for my car, its a nissan primera P12 engine. The sensor connector is light blue color, with 3 wires. Couldnt find original or branded oem sensor. All i can find is china brand or no brand oxygen sensor from china..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience