Does extra bracing helps?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

ace79

1,000 RPM
I do know that extra bracing done at the correct mounting points will result in a stiffer car, resulting in better cornering dynamics, more grip etc. But does these extra bracings help in cases like to avoid irrepairable / extreme damages to your car? My car had an accident last month, and although the damage to the chassis ( in terms of chassis bending etc ) is minimal, I would like to avoid the same thing to happen again when the car is involved in another major accident again. I've thought about this, and thinking of doing some extra bracing to the car later on.

Or would these chassis bracing would result in more excessive damage to your car? For example : the strut bar that is always fitted to the front suspension's top posts. If one get's his car banged directly at either one of his front wheels, would the strut bar fitted to the front suspension's posts divert the impact from the banged side to the other side / other front wheel, resulting in excessive chassis damage?

like to avoid the same thing to happen again when the car is involved in another major accident again. I've thought about this, and thinking of doing some extra bracing to the car later on.

Or would these chassis bracing would result in more excessive damage to your car? For example : the strut bar that is always fitted to the front suspension's top posts. If one get's his car banged directly at either one of his front wheels, would the strut bar fitted to the front suspension's posts divert the impact from the banged s
ace79 said:
I do know that extra bracing done at the correct mounting points will result in a stiffer car, resulting in better cornering dynamics, more grip etc. But does these extra bracings help in cases like to avoid irrepairable / extreme damages to your car? My car had an accident last month, and although the damage to the chassis ( in terms of chassis bending etc ) is minimal, I would ide to the other side / other front wheel, resulting in excessive chassis damage?

well, base on our exprince. the bars thickness is good enough for improve handling and reduce the impact from accident but it won't increase the damage level. u can refer to our customer accident picture in website (Car is total lose, the front bar only one side
is effected and the driver is safe). from racing car rollcage, u can know why bars is so important....i belive that bars is not only improve handling but also give protection while accident.​

i think it would reduce the impact because the force would be distributed to both sides instead of one. thats using a front strut bar as an example. but you can view it in another way as well. cuz by putting a strong strut bar at the front, in an event of a side accident, the front end would move along wit the strut bar resulting in the car ripping in half.

thats just my 2 cents. please dont flame.

calvin and zerofighter : thanks for the reply guys...and I do find both comments to be correct and acceptable. if, for example the front end chassis and suspension have been properly braced from all possible points : top suspension posts, lower suspension posts and complete front end suspension arm PLUS steering arm, fender bars and lower chassis bracing ala - Cusco is properly done and fitted ( making the whole front end extremly stiff like your normal early morning stiffie :) ) what will happen in an accident?

i really believe that in an event of a side collision, the entire front end will move or in a worst case scenario, tear off from the rest of the body. and it would definitely be more dangerous cuz by stiffening the front end, it takes away the whole point of creating a crumplze zone in the front end to absorb the impact.

yeah, that's pretty plausible too...so i guess having either your front or rear end way too stiff can force it when an accident happens... maybe i'll just go with a strut bar up front, and a strut bar + the metal stuff already fitted between the rear suspension at the rear end.

Top Bottom