DIY Voltage Stabilizer

12savefuel

Known Member
Dec 10, 2008
I just put 2farad caps to the battery terminals and be done with it in my car. Easier and neater. I'm sure 2farad should be huge enough to smoothen it out. I don't have ICE in the car just stock system.

kenchoo

Bro Kenchoo, does the gains actually come from a more stable supply to the ECU and thus better and more stable sensor reading? Signal to noise ratio. Hence more accurate and precise readings? Have you tried a simple cap circuit with filter directly at ECU and sensors that requires a voltage supply? Is it got to do with more stable supply for spark plug firing? The car manufacturers must have taken into account of this stuff unless car has aged or had been modded.

Still can't buy in where the gains actually come from a more stable supply.
For simple car sensor which calculated the fuel consumption are the MAF/MAP sensor(5v which use the 5v supply from ECU) & the O2 sensor( which the signal(mv for narrowband sensor or ma for wideband sensor) generated from the heat of exhaust manifold ). And I had try to reset the MAP sensor before, but,O2 sensor do the final calculation of how much fuel to put.

VSD help on stable current were help the gain especially, (if you have DC clamp meter, try to plug it car battery positive wire, the Voltage actually drop when you suddenly turn on the head light or any other electronic equipment in the car.) It is to stable sudden pull of current to the battery supply. And car have many electronic component eg. radiator fan , air con, automatic transmission. All of the come to sudden pull of current, which affect the overall performance car engine, and the ignition coil need stable current. Simple example 14.5v=14500v in the spark fire, sudden drop of 1~2 volt were actually bring down the spark fire by 1000~2000v. That is the function capacitor to solve these sudden pull of current. Capacitor can charge & discharge very fast and supply power to the sudden pull of current.

Think about it why hi-fi system need capacitor? These is the answer.

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

I just put 2farad caps to the battery terminals and be done with it in my car. Easier and neater. I'm sure 2farad should be huge enough to smoothen it out. I don't have ICE in the car just stock system.
Make sure your cap can stand the heat in engine chamber. And make sure you fuse it. Insulated the capacitor with heat resistant material example superlon. The heat were shortage the life of capacitor.

Last edited:

mosesmk

Known Member
Feb 21, 2012
Selangor
how many volt? y so xpensive?

i'm interested if the price is lower...

4700uf with 16volt i can get rm1.2 only each.
cheap because the specs different.related to ESR, resistance & temperature also working hrs. i like to purchase electronic component either for my repairing work or DIY from RS component or Element 14 (formerly Farnell). Sometime the offer the quality product with reasonable price.

Thanks

---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

I use 4 pcs of 6800uF 100V cap. 2hd quality. Strip from amplifier I repaired. Now its already lack of performance,maybe the life spam almost end. Now i'm working on new one as replacement for the current. I agreed with kenchoo. Can feel the different. Another project i'm working out is master grounding. My bench unit quite helping regarding FC.

Jul 18, 2012
HYDERABAD/AP
i made my vs with 4 6800uf 25v caps which makes 27,200uf but didn't find any difference aftr connecting to d car could anyone hlp me in this so dat i can make a good vs.

mosesmk

Known Member
Feb 21, 2012
Selangor
i made my vs with 4 6800uf 25v caps which makes 27,200uf but didn't find any difference aftr connecting to d car could anyone hlp me in this so dat i can make a good vs.
Try this connection: VS +ve to battery +ve while VS -ve to chasis ground.thats how i connect it.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm having a problem with my car interior wiring such as the door indicator is not working and also the fuel indicator is not functioning.Anyone know where to find a good wireman in subang jaya?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience