DIY Voltage Stabilizer

Manelectro

Nov 12, 2008
Kuching
About capacitor voltage stabilizer.

Since capacitor that we buy for DIY VS is not a high grade capacitor. After 2 to 3 month ( just 2 to 3 week) of use the DIY capacitor when bad from fuel saving to fuel eating VS.

They are some cap of high grade that can last for 10000 hour or more , and temp up 150 C. But the price is very expensive.

Furthermore difference car has a difference cap value, if we add to much cap this will effect the ECU.

Man

Last edited:

lcchong

Known Member
May 18, 2009
sorry to asking a stupid question...
can i know voltage stabilizer got what use?
my car rpm some time up and down, ist after use it
can become smoother n no more up n down? thanks...
ur carb need cleaning... LOL :biggrin:

btw, after remove the VS from car battery, why the led still lights up? :confused:

Last edited:
May 17, 2009
i did it:proud:

Bump: i did it:proud:

Bump: i did it:proud:

Jun 20, 2009
About capacitor voltage stabilizer.

Since capacitor that we buy for DIY VS is not a high grade capacitor. After 2 to 3 month ( just 2 to 3 week) of use the DIY capacitor when bad from fuel saving to fuel eating VS.

They are some cap of high grade that can last for 10000 hour or more , and temp up 150 C. But the price is very expensive.

Furthermore difference car has a difference cap value, if we add to much cap this will effect the ECU.

Man
Meaning those Pivot Raizin are worth the price because of their high grade capacitor??

Manelectro

Nov 12, 2008
Kuching
Dear Friend,

Your can find high quality capacitor at RS Malaysia online.

http://malaysia.rs-online.com/

What we see on the capacitor specification sheet for the life cycle is just a theory the actual life cycle is more than that. cus i have use capacitor value 6800 uf for my vs since 2008 December to date on proton sedan my mother car.

I use proton waja cam pro manual. so far the ride is smooth.

Man

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

Dear Friend,

Your can find high quality capacitor at RS Malaysia online.

http://malaysia.rs-online.com/

What we see on the capacitor specification sheet for the life cycle is just a theory the actual life cycle is more than that. cus i have use capacitor value 6800 uf each ( total 120,000 uf) for my vs since 2008 December to date on proton sedan my mother car.

I use proton waja 1.6 cam pro manual. so far the ride is smooth ( 55,000 uf + small value ceramic capacitor) the most important is if you have a digital scope you can see the effect of capacitor on the noise difference cermic capacitor will filter the high frequency noise down to the nano level.

Most of the microprocessor will be effected by thus high frequency, noise from the spark plugs.

Man

Manelectro

Nov 12, 2008
Kuching
I have been testing this VS and has been build it for friends for over 2 years now so far no much complain. From our experience VS don't add VS on a car with battery that has been use for over 2 years.

kaderAE101

Known Member
Mar 6, 2010
K.L / Ampang
hi Bro..

If u guys are still using the box.. U guys should at fuse to this circuit ! just in case any short circuit in Capacitor..

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------

ur carb need cleaning... LOL :biggrin:

btw, after remove the VS from car battery, why the led still lights up? :confused:
The stored energy in the capacitor will light up the led for abt 1 minute or more..:listen:

kenchoo

Hi Bro yeehau86 It not advertisement in my post.
I just show some example of the product on the market.Apologize for that, Next time I just do it simple way.
This is just to share the personal knowledge & I not selling any of this VSD device on market. I just built it for my own usage. And I know a lot of people selling this type of device in market with very expensive price.
And everyone can DIY one with super powerfull 3 million uf VSD. with less than RM100.

*Major reason why I plug the DIY VSD inside my car rather than do it the traditional way is because normally super-capacitor have max operating temperature of 70 Celsius degree. So it not suitable to install in the car engine chamber which was hot. If you want to do install in the engine chamber also can but must be in front of car radiator or in car bumper away from heat source and water proof it with epoxy seal . You were amazed by the led light on for very very long time when you unplug it from the 12v source.

Attachments

Last edited:

nadziad

Known Member
May 14, 2011
johor
hmmm...for the capasitor is it have +ve & -ve terminal?....in order to connect it just soldering one +ve capasitor to other -ve capasitor ya? sorry for silly question that i ask....after read almost 70++ page a bit confusing how to do it...hehe

kenchoo

My VSD is different with other
If you do it traditional like other using normal 16 v capacitor you only need to connect them in parallel like in the picture. Do use some small uf ceramic cap to filter unstable current in low frequency.

If you want to do it like what i did then connect 5.5v capacitor in series to become one 16.5v capacitor then connect the +- parallel to the car battery.

Attachments

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Mclaren super rookie, Lewis Hamilton was caught speeding on a French highway on Sunday afternoon.

Hamilton, 22, was clocked by radar doing a very normal 196kmh (for his standard) at the wheel of a Mercedes CLK. French police have suspended the F1 driver’s license for a period of one month and fined him 600 euros. His car also got confiscated, but police gave Hamilton a lift to his hotel.

Policemen said Hamilton...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience