Diy : Undercarriage Lights

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
80 - 100?? Got so cheap...i was thinking they might charge more...since it's not totally convenient to do all the thing... :huh:

did my few days back using the method u all mentioned here instead of my old way.. well, the result is fine.. but.. few things r quite different here as i notice, 1st the choke makes some kinda bzz sound which is very annoying.. n 2nd, the choke heat up damn fast..
any1 has solutions for these 2? i installed the chokes inside the cabin, underneath the seat.. on aircond kuat kuat to blow it, it does help a bit.. but cant solve the problem completely..

btw, i installed 2 2ft n 2 4ft, powered by 2 20w n 2 40w.. +relay blah blah blah..

Post more pic la wei...cannot see clearly ler...anyway...looks cool ;)

I install the ballast under dashboard...since i only got one ballast :D it heats up real fast ..yea :blink:

the wiring on the tips of florescent is done using those 2 ringgit florescent connectors (i dunno whats the exat name of it) sold in the hardware shops, n was sealed properly using cloth tape n black tape after properly installed.. soaked it in water for bout half a minute still working..

for de choke heat up prob.. i also encounter de same.... sometimes u can smell something strange also... i also very scared dat it will burn de carpet....

but later i change those chokes to the fully plastic casing wan.. brand is KHIND.. more expensive.. but no probs... B)

and for de high pitched sound... is it bcos u place de chokes too near to the HU or de AMP.... place some other place further.. then no more sound.. B)

The high pitch noise is produced by ballast itself mar...got related with HU meh?? :huh:

i dun think so... i think de noise is cause by the high frequency oscilation inside de choke..

so it create a interference to the power line... and then transmitted into de amplifier and be amplified... dats y u heard sounds....

Yo...mine don't have amplifier lar...some more i tested at the battery terminal there also can hear high pitch sound originated from ballast itself... :huh:

Plastic cover ler...a lil transparent one...u should know which one...bottom is like aluminium one..

plastic? wouldn't it be worse?
cuz i'm using borsh 1 if i'm not mistaken.. plastic top plus aluminium at the bottom.. sometimes really can smell those burning rubber smell.. damn scary..

ppl told me that i should fix my choke on the metal parts of my car.. so it wont heat up so fast.. well, i doubt it..
i was thinking of fixing a pc heatsink on top.. hahah.. c if it works..

sound produced by the choke itself?? well mine is different.. mine is from the tweeter or crossover.. cuz everytime i switch off my hu.. the sound gone.. so i'm guessing wirring problem..

whoa!! DO NOT let de metal part of ur choke touch de metal body of ur car... it will SHORT!! use a heatsink instead..

yes.. for ur sound prob... de chokes mayb too near to ur HU or de amps.. so move it furher away.. if de grounding for ur HU n amps not good.. also will be like dat i think..

for my chokes with all plastic csaing.. no smell at all... can use the chokes without any wories... i've been using it for some time already... de brand is KHIND..

Just finiish installing front and rear undercarriage light today :lol: ..for front...install behind the grill.. :D

My hand so itchy the last two days...so after woke up...quickly went to the electric shop nearby to buy all the necessary thing... :lol:

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom