Diy : Superlon Installation

vestax

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Damansara Heigh
www.fivio.com
wrapping the aircond lines doesn't make the freon liquid any cooler , what is cooling its your condensor , if you want cooler air then a bigger a/c compressor and a bigger condensor will help in making your car into a ice box . lol

basically those superlon are used on the a/c rubber hose , where else the aluminium lines won't be superlon'ed cause its aluminium , so it works like an heatsink .

ninja_iga

3,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2003
Visit site
Originally posted by vestax@Dec 31 2004, 19:14
wrapping the aircond lines doesn't make the freon liquid any cooler , what is cooling its your condensor , if you want cooler air then a bigger a/c compressor and a bigger condensor will help in making your car into a ice box . lol

basically those superlon are used on the a/c rubber hose , where else the aluminium lines won't be superlon'ed cause its aluminium , so it works like an heatsink .
vestax

that's true :P

but that's assuming there's no heat source nearby to heat things up..

so we've an engine and the radiator fan is blowing heat everywhere...
thermally insulating the pipes makes some sense in this application lo

mine, work so well, so cold, i used the ECO and fan 1 setting so much the Fan 1 switch burn liaw, now must use Fan 2.. :lol: :lol:

Vincew

Known Member
Dec 6, 2004
Originally posted by vestax@Dec 31 2004, 19:14

Hehe, i know this too. My case is the hose is very near the extractor/exhaust pipe.

So i wrap it lor.

The result is that the air start to cool faster during hot day compared to before wrapping it.

The air con cut off is faster also lor.

But i does not get cooler, it only cools faster lo. Cut off fast means air con compressor does not drain so much power from engine = better engine capacity.

vestax

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Damansara Heigh
www.fivio.com
maybe mentally thinking its effective , but then if you put it on a test i bet it won't show any sign's of improvement . logically , your aircond condensor is located infront of your radiator or some beside the radiator , which sits infront of your exhaust manifold and that area it self is very hot :lol: , maybe you should superlon it :lol: , and not the hose near the manifold :lol:

anyway aircond work under high pressure , without high pressure , u won't get cool air , and high pressure = high temp . you can't run away from that :lol:

Vincew

Known Member
Dec 6, 2004
Ok. Ok B) . I have to explain this clearly. I only wrap the connection which is made from rubber hose (I assumed they use the rubber hose for ductility and thermal resistant, i just try to improve the heat resistance of this part), the aluminium pipes is not wrapped.

The hose which i wrap is from the car to the intake of the compressor pump. This hose "i don't know why" is long and loop close to exhuast pipe (after engine block area but before connect to catalytic converter).

I think the hose is too long. "Iswara's air con hose is shorter and the connection is pretty straight".

I am not trying to show this is a very effective diy for every one, but for my case (i have excess material and time "3 days holidya :) "), so i give it a try. I feel it cools faster and the cut off is sharper for my case only. I am not sure of other cars have effect or not.

Vincew

Known Member
Dec 6, 2004
Thanks to vestax to point that the my comment is confusing. Hope i made it clear.

btw vestax you are driving a wra 1.5? Mine is wira 1.5 year 2002.

wetwetwater

Known Member
Mar 9, 2004
Puchong
Visit site
stan... how to superlon the door ? 6mm or 10mm.. inside the door or on the door panel ?

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
to superlon de door panels... u need to be very carefull so dat de superlon wont block any parts inside de door panels.. especially de top part... if not u will be having trouble putting ur door panel back in place..

and also bcareful not to break those plastic clips... if not ur door panel wun fit in nicely... anyway... u can buy them at spareparts shop.. :)

jaywat

1,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2005
Stanley, you selling superlon for cheap price?? how much does it cost for me to cover my saga's four doors and bonnet?? where can i reach u?

ninja_iga

3,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2003
Visit site
Originally posted by jaywat@Jan 20 2005, 17:45
Stanley, you selling superlon for cheap price?? how much does it cost for me to cover my saga's four doors and bonnet?? where can i reach u?
sure,

call me, it's in my signature
and please PM me your order, for my records.

you'll need 9ft of 6mm and 3-6ft of the 10mm :)

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

need help here,want to find PROMAR MBL8.its an engine oil additive.recommended by mitsubishi new zealand to help cure the noisy tappet of4g64.please contact me if u know or sell this product...thank you:_:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience