DIY stock rims spray...wat do u think guys?

weikhee86

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Guys..i sprayed my stock rims...all for under rm40 only...check it out and give me ur opinion ok guys..i posted pics below

weikhee86

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
haha..proton tiara man..weirdest car ever made... :D

BakKutT3h

2,000 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
can list out the step how u do it ? like sand it with what then spray with what then sand again or what....bla bla bla, thx, anyway nice job there ! very nice

weikhee86

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
ok..here are the steps and things needed for this simple DIY project

1. Dynamo ( used for washing clothes one)
2. Thinner ( optional)
3. 1 can clear coat ( finishing layer)
4. 2 cans spray paint ( for mine I used 2 cans )
5. Sand paper...depending on scratch u might need different coarseness
6. Lots and lots of PATIENCE!

Steps:

1. Firstly, u need to cabut the rims off from the car and wash with Dynamo. Do this 2 or 3 times to ensure that grime and oil have been completely removed. Any oil on rims will SPOIL ur project and you'll have to start over again.
3. Sandpaper the rims using the sandpaper with water. Wet ur rims from time to time with water to ensure that no dust flies around. Makes ur job easier too.
4. The rim surface must be smooth to the touch before you begin. After sanding wash again with Dynamo and water once and let the rims dry. If u want to speed up the drying process you can use hairdryer like what I did. :D
5. Tape the areas that U dun want to be painted with masking tape and newspaper. Make sure that the taping is secure o else ur work might come out ugly.
6. Spray one thin layer first. Wait for approcimately 20 minutes for the paint to dry and harden. After that spray another layer. Not too thick until the paint flows o else have to redo everything again. Make sure u can see the shine before u spray another layer. For mine I had 4 layers of paint.
7. Ok, after paint dried and ur satisfied with ur handiwork it is time for the finishing touch ---> clear coat!
8. The steps are pretty much the same with paint. Need to see the shine b4 u stop and let it dry o else it won't be shiny. Recommended is 3 layers.
9. Sit back, relax and admire ur handiwork.

Please refer to the pics for info. Sorry not many pics i can upload. Enjoy DIY! :P

weikhee86

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
guys..posted below are the pictures of my ride after DIY spray rims....wat do u think of it?

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
i only think the paint can last how long b4 starting to torn out....lol

takumi86

Known Member
Dec 8, 2004
Puchong
Waah.. nice job. two thumbs up!
but with this nice preparation, i think quite hard the paint to peel off...

BakKutT3h

2,000 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
nice job and thx for the steps listing..

weikhee86

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
lolz...preparing the rims was the hardest part ppl..i sanded it down to the primer layer...so the paint will makan..oh yeah i got use clear coat as the final layer..3 layers i use...if not won't kilat... :D

weikhee86

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
zeone, i'm only a student now..hahaha..i DIY cos can save money... :D..when i'm old maybe i do to support my old days...lol

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I had a unit of Pivot Mega Raizin VS installed which I bought for RM370 in September 2009.
This is what happened when it failed.

I was driving to somewhere this morning with my family. I notice my ICE suddenly lost all power and subsequently every other electronics in the car, gear position, indicator lights and all. Weird thing was the battery indicator was not lighted as when battery or alternator fails. I could still drive the car for 2 km to drop off my family at destination. After a...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience