DIY - Door Plastic sheet (plastic sheets that prevent water splash)

HKNP

Known Member
Feb 15, 2006
Hi All Sifoo,

I am quite noob on mentioning the parts name in my car.
I am driving a Toyota SEG and wishes to DIY sound proofing.

Before that I will need to fix a few thing before plong in the superlon.

1) the plastic sheet that covers the electronic parts from water splash at the door of the car...
2) the door panel.

The plastic sheet that covers those elctronic parts( dunno what it call) in my car already very old and yellowish (crispy somemore :cyclops:). So I plan to replace it with other plastic sheets ( preferably book wrap... those thick type). But the meterial that use to stick it to the door, I really dunno what it call... looks like bitumen strip but only the goo part ... haha ( those black glue type).
Any one knows what it call?
And where to find it.

Then the door panel. It is broken because of water splash, the bottom part become crush, flakie.... what it call .. hmm BROKEN.. it is made of softboard like normal car did. So I plan to repair it.... I will remove those broken/crust part and stick it / harden it with fiber glue( fiber gum that people use to repair leak. Dunno whether it will work or not..
Any other suggestion how to repair soft board??

Please help me ...

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
for the plastic sheet... u can use those plastic film u use to wrap books... or just simply the plastic sheet for dining tables.... u need to get the black sticky stuff which they call the windscreen glue (tai keng kau) from either sparepart shop or from mechanic....

for the door panel.. it is a little difficult to repair... i would suggest u to get a recond set or find from halfcut shop... else u can ask ppl to make new door panel from audio shop or similar shops...

HKNP

Known Member
Feb 15, 2006
hi,

I am actually plan to mold the door panel part out using fiber gum... those people use to repair leak under the car 1... i try to melt it and mix with wood chips... to creat back the softboard.. or somethinglike it.

I will try to experiment the concept 1st.
because it is just to wait until the compound half harden the mold it... compress it abit... if this succeed.. the new panel will have some elastic substance preventing it to crack and soak demage again..

Hope I am correct

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

After 6 years BMW has finally finished construction on BMW Welt (World), which opens to the public in just a few days. While serving as a center point for everything that is BMW, this unusual eye-catching building is a clear example of progressive architecture combined with modern design and engineering.
<object height="360" width="500">
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dSuvep7ctBw&rel=1"...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience