DIY - Cleaning Your Thorttle Body

spoiltbrat

Known Member
Mar 14, 2009
im having the problem with the throttle body also... i wanna take a look at the pics if u still have it. it got deleted again.. if able pls send to my mail. [email protected]

thanks...

mokh

Known Member
Oct 18, 2008
i suggest TS to compile the tutorial to PDF format.

mokh

Known Member
Oct 18, 2008
i did cleaning my TB yesterday...after put everything back, reset the ECU, start the engine then...the idle RPM goes high. i let it learning for almost 15 min and nothing changes.
then i drive around 20 mins, somehow the idle drop to 1.3k.

during starting, the rpm goes up and down around 2k few times and then steady at 2k few min then drop to 1.3k. normal idle is around 1k right?

the engine working fine when i engaged a gear.only problem when idle.
what should i do?

stepwyew

Known Member
Feb 10, 2006
i did cleaning my TB yesterday...after put everything back, reset the ECU, start the engine then...the idle RPM goes high. i let it learning for almost 15 min and nothing changes.
then i drive around 20 mins, somehow the idle drop to 1.3k.

during starting, the rpm goes up and down around 2k few times and then steady at 2k few min then drop to 1.3k. normal idle is around 1k right?

the engine working fine when i engaged a gear.only problem when idle.
what should i do?
Bro,

Try to drive for another 2 days .......after that the rpm should be below 1 k , that's my experience

Cheers
:drver:

davidgm16

Known Member
Dec 20, 2005
yea.. i think this is normal, you will get a higher rpm after u clean the TB since it feel 'lighter'. The rpm will back to normal after the sensor and ECU slowly adjust by driving it.

mokh

Known Member
Oct 18, 2008
2 days? wah. never thought it would take that long.

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
hope martin can share more of his DIY project done if he has the time to compose into words.. hehe :P

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
i'm always in fb & here what.. :P
how's ur car ? gonna upgrade (chg car) again soon ??

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My Satria 1997 1.5 auto using ngv has been having repeated problems with the alternator. Two months ago I had a Japanese imported used alternator fitted. Today the car won't start, even with a new battery.

Is a repaired alternator reliable?

Any views please?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience