Diy : Air Twister - Swirl The Air !

-storm-

Known Member
Aug 26, 2006
Hey guys i DIY this, keke sorry for bringing up old topics. Here is the pic!
When i first install this , which i dono installed correct or not,my car's induction sound (air sucking sound vroommmm)sounds louder, dono y, anyone care to explain? The car is more smoother now compare to last time, dono its physiological or what! Should i DIY a second one? if i do second one where should i put it? From the pictures u can see im using OEM air box wira efi!

Last edited:

ocphangaz

Known Member
May 24, 2006
i DIY on using aircond blower fans... those squirel cage types.. i'm using K&N ufo type airfilter.

-storm-

Known Member
Aug 26, 2006
SkYwAlKeR said:
i also diy one using cpu casing fan blades... so far, no positive response... hahaha.... wasted 5bucks for my casing fan....
Dono la my throttle response is better la. Can confrim that! :_:

NewVi

Jan 17, 2007
hi all...firstly all my compliments to JL for this DIY...very nice indeed :cyclops:

so now interested of getting one piece for myself....but i have a little question here about the location of the blades in my car...i drive a myvi 1.3....i have a diy cai with stock airbox....could anyone kindly shed me sum guidance on the location that the fan blades shud be install?...ie ... shud i install it at the opening of the CAI hose or elsewhere?

thx

-storm-

Known Member
Aug 26, 2006
NewVi said:
hi all...firstly all my compliments to JL for this DIY...very nice indeed :cyclops:

so now interested of getting one piece for myself....but i have a little question here about the location of the blades in my car...i drive a myvi 1.3....i have a diy cai with stock airbox....could anyone kindly shed me sum guidance on the location that the fan blades shud be install?...ie ... shud i install it at the opening of the CAI hose or elsewhere?

thx
Usually ppl install after the filter element! Check where is ur filter and install right after it! /good

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
wow. 2 yrs topic still can bring up to discuss.. not bad. sweet!.

just to update, took out my 'air twister', not using it anymore,
considering the speed of the air flow going into the air ram,
i reckon it won't create a so call effective 'twist', but instead
it will create turbulence and mix the air (if that's what this diy item intend to do)

kob3bryant

Known Member
Dec 3, 2005
i think the logic is the same as the design apply to center bullet.to make the air move faster

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
-storm- said:
Dono la my throttle response is better la. Can confrim that! :_:
this surbo thingy vr much depends on how u fix it lar... if u fixed it wrongly, no effect + restriction lor... if fixed correctly, got abit effect lor..

so, mayb i fixed it wrongly... haha... never bother to recorrect it...lazy la....

-storm-

Known Member
Aug 26, 2006
Hehe new update, =p this device save fuel oh! I think is because i got an oversize i mean really oversize throttle body, now i added this thing the air is much more restricted i think, so i summerise that less air = save fuel. but dono y throttle response is much better! :X-:

Devil_07

Jan 17, 2007
hi all,

I have a suggestion for easy way to get spoiled pc fan, just post a tread for require it at "all others stuff" in "the marketplace", u should can get many2 spoiled fan, haha, lol.

JaSON5878

Known Member
May 21, 2006
Guys.......

Thanks for this briliant & great Idea!
I used PVC to make the air twister, and after fix the air suction sound become more louder, fast pick-up and Higher RPM.
I like it!

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
Using the fan will restrict air to your intake!!!

this "swirling air" method is meant for CARB engine cars. it is because, the fuel is not sprayed into tiny mists in a carb system. So the swirling air helps to stir up the unfine fuel.

Fuel injection not really give effect. another way to make it is by using aluminium tin can (carbonated drinks) and cut it something like below:

The important thing is to make center area not restricted. the swirl of air should be made at the wall of air intake. Bernoulli principle indicates that the air near the wall will be slower since dragging due to restriction of air-solid. So the fin will make the side go faster by swirling it.

Oh ya.. one more thing.. the most effective is to place it AFTER air filter.

Last edited:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

between 850 internal n 660t

up : 660t crankshaft that help producing hi-rev n good response

below : 850 crankshaft that produce hi-torque

at right : 850 rod longer than 660t rod

L2 carb turbo,same size 68mm L2 injection turbo pistons..option for those who want pump hi-boost...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience