DIY installing 4G13 air-con compressor

ch1103

Nov 26, 2006
All sifu-sifu here.. Did anybody tried replacing de air cond compressor by urself?? Still a student here.. So, thought of go chop shop find budgeted n fix ownself.. more budget in this way.. If anyone hav any idea on how to replace it mind to share?? really nid to get it done in a budgeted way.. If any picture pls include.. thx in advance!

arturo

nooB
SateCelupLand
sounds like a big job...i think no matter wat u still need to send to aircon shop...if i not mistaken still need to re-fill the gas after change compressor....correct me if i'm wrong guys.

yes u will need to refill with gas after changing the aircond compressor...
encouraged to diy... knowledge gained is what worth more sending to workshop to get it done...

get ur hands dirty is the only efficient way of learning

ch1103

Nov 26, 2006
Hmm... I get to know de steps.. but not sure about how to do it in exact.. Firstly need release all de gas from de compressor.. then oli release de belt.. then need to start putting away all nuts n bolts.. rite? correct me.. n also guide pls.. ><

arturo

nooB
SateCelupLand
i saw the aircon man changing somebody's compressor once...and it looks that way...dun forget u also need to remove the hoses from the compressor...and after change to new compressor...need to check the lubrication oil and topup if neccessary...dont put too much or will cause the compressor to be burdened by extra drag...

ch1103

Nov 26, 2006
by de way, aside changing good compressors, how to maintain to always hav cold airconds for car? any methods or mods can be done?

ch1103

Nov 26, 2006
Kong d.. Once turn on aircond rattling sounds all coming out. Rpm is very very very low untill whole car vibrating d.

arturo

nooB
SateCelupLand
oh...like that. found replacement yet? is yr condenser dirty/oxidised? if so might as well clean it up too...will improve cooling a lot.

ch1103

Nov 26, 2006
Yea.. Got it done d... Sent it to mechanic.. He says my compressor n also motor for de fan dead.. So i got it all fixed up for rm620.. Quite costly huh.. Thats y I prefer DIY.. >< but i dont have de hose to release de air-cond gas..

WAJA2003

u know u compressor wat model???
chop shop model sure cannot fit in ,need to mod tapak n welding hose.
then i feel u case is compressor is half jam aready,need to clean all piping inside n valve n fillter.

ch1103

Nov 26, 2006
That's de point.. I hav no Idea on it at all... Its stock proton wira 1.3.. Nvr mod / touch inside before.. But anyway i just changed de whole compressor.. Guess de old 1 throwed away d.. LOLX.

arturo

nooB
SateCelupLand
bro...shouldnt have thrown away...can send for recond n re-sell...can get some $$$ back by selling it after recond or keep as spare...

I'm looking for lambo door conversion kits for my car everywhere in penang and BM.

does anyone know where i can find it in malaysia?!!?